Sialeed's "Decision" *SPOILER*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Serpent

Sialeed's "Decision" *SPOILER*

Post by Serpent »

Ok, I beated the game. I'm still confused about why Sialeeds went over to Godwin's side. She mentioned something about cleaning up the senate but I still don't exactly get it. After you kill Gizel he also mentions Sialeeds won in the end?
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.
Desides

Post by Desides »

Sialeeds defected in order to have a shot at killing the Barows and Godwin families. Their infighting corrupted Falena for decades, and as such, Sialeeds was trying to ensure that when the Prince won the war, he and Lym would be able to make a fresh start, rather than having Falena degenerate into the same noble infighting that it had gone through in prior years.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

guh... can you change the subject a bit? :X i know it's plot and setting and whatnot but the subject alone is such an incredibly huge spoiler... gah

:cry:
Buff

Post by Buff »

maybe you should put a *spoiler* in your title and take out the betrayal. ;)

doesn't hurt me much since i got to the point where she went back to sol-falena but some may not want to know about it.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

Buff wrote:maybe you should put a *spoiler* in your title and take out the betrayal. ;)

doesn't hurt me much since i got to the point where she went back to sol-falena but some may not want to know about it.
:cry: oh well... but still, GAH!!!!
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Desides wrote:Sialeeds defected in order to have a shot at killing the Barows and Godwin families. Their infighting corrupted Falena for decades, and as such, Sialeeds was trying to ensure that when the Prince won the war, he and Lym would be able to make a fresh start, rather than having Falena degenerate into the same noble infighting that it had gone through in prior years.
I still don't see why she had to defect it seemed logical that the Godwin guys were going to die at the end of the war. Barows were already pretty weak too. She didn't tell anyone about her plans either any idea on why she didn't?
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

The reason Sialeeds defected is because when she killed Barows, the Godwins would be blamed for it. If she did it while on the Prince's side, there would be serious reprucussions for him
-M
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Matt620 wrote:The reason Sialeeds defected is because when she killed Barows, the Godwins would be blamed for it. If she did it while on the Prince's side, there would be serious reprucussions for him
Who would have applied the reprucussions though?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Other nobles and the people of Rainwall, plus other nations or factins within other nations, such as the Tarja clan within Armes who were friendly with Barows. Give Salum Barows a few years and he'd be able to rebuild his fortune and political power.
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

Sars wrote:Other nobles and the people of Rainwall, plus other nations or factins within other nations, such as the Tarja clan within Armes who were friendly with Barows. Give Salum Barows a few years and he'd be able to rebuild his fortune and political power.
Do you really think Falena would allow the man who had Lord Rovere killed, had stolen the Dawn Rune, and had a major part in Lordlake being destroyed return to power? I am 100% certain that they would not only refuse to let him come back to the Senate, but maybe exile him from Falena. The crimes he perpetrated were HUGE. Any one of those is enough for expulsion, let alone all three of them.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Sars wrote:Other nobles and the people of Rainwall, plus other nations or factins within other nations, such as the Tarja clan within Armes who were friendly with Barows. Give Salum Barows a few years and he'd be able to rebuild his fortune and political power.

[spoiler]

Yeah, I don't think Salum barrows is going to be making money anymore..
[/spoiler]
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Chef Boyardee wrote:
Do you really think Falena would allow the man who had Lord Rovere killed, had stolen the Dawn Rune, and had a major part in Lordlake being destroyed return to power? I am 100% certain that they would not only refuse to let him come back to the Senate, but maybe exile him from Falena. The crimes he perpetrated were HUGE. Any one of those is enough for expulsion, let alone all three of them.
Yea, I can't just see how other people would still care about Barows. I still also don't understand why Sialeeds kept her operation a secret from the 108 stars.
Master

Post by Master »

I think Sialeeds main goal was to get the Twilight rune first out of the enemies and probably the Godwin didn't know what to do and knew how Sialeeds wanted to have a rune of her own to change the tide of the battle, bet on it and proposed her access to it.

While she does say in her last moments that she says "I hate you" Lucrecia, it sounded more like a "thank you for everything..."

Don't forget that Sialeeds often mentionned how she would have handled it if she were to wield the Sun Rune instead of her sister. Plus even after all the time when she said that she hated the Godwin... I think she still liked him a lot making some sense to some of her incoherent betrayal. That's just my point of view...
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

I think she knew that kidnapping Lym would not solve the nations problem. While it might stop the war for a bit. Godwin would continue to cause problems till he was beaten, not out-tricked. Her betrayal ensured the war would continue, with the Prince's Army looking really, really, good at the time she switched sides and Godwin's Army falling apart. She does say 'Only a little longer' after her arrival in Sol-Falena. She could have been refering to how long till war would end.

I doubt she suspected the Armes alliance that re-energized the Godwin Army. I am sure she also felt that they would give her the Twilight Rune if she had gained their trust and would be able to help the Prince win. Meaning there was little risk.

Overall, I believe her goal was to "destroy the noble families that destroyed hers," if you read the history books the Godwin and Burrow's Families caused the Royal Family a lot of death and conflict before the Arstat and Ferid incident.
Basel

Post by Basel »

I am surprised that no body mentioned anything about the incident when Sialeeds met with Dolph. It is that incident which caused Sialeeds to change sides. Could it be that Dolph proposed the Twilight Rune to Sialeeds as part of Godwin's plan?
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser