discussion on the normal endings{ MAJOR SPOILERS!!}

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

discussion on the normal endings{ MAJOR SPOILERS!!}

Post by son_michael »

WARNING DO NOT READ/ LOOK AT THIS THREAD if you havent beaten the normal endings of the game!!!!

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

Ok so I just beat the game with 93 sod {I decided to beat the game without 108 so I can see the "better" ending has everyone has said} and I gotta say it was deffinetley cool

The ending I saw was Lyon dying right after I defeated the sun rune incar{but before she started to die she and the prince were holding hands...smiling and looking at each other like they were in love :cry: }, the prince recieved both the dawn and twilight rune and georg comforted the crying prince in his arms, then georg has a scene where he shows prince his eye is fine and says he cant stay in falena because he killed the queen, he then tells the prince to come with him on his travels and the prince accepts, the dawn rune,twilight rune and the sun rune are brought back to falena and the senate is abolished. lymslair declares her coronation was not genuine and prepares for her next 1 when she will truly be queen,shula valya becomes the ambassador between Falena and Armes and everybody preety much gets a role in Falena, the beavers and dwarves all have a voice in falena now and all the regions are connected, Boz beomes commander of the Royal Navy and Lun joins the dragon calvary! craig resigns from the dragon calvary and maha takes over and allows women to join, the royal palace gains a royal dragon calvary force commanded by roog which work with the queens knights to protect the royal palace! theres more too but I dont remember everything..oh here's another thing...toma starts training with Galleon to become a future Queens Knight!

I loved all of this crap, I thought the ending was great but I couldn't help being sad with lyons death..so does anyone know what the second normal ending is? please post what it is and how to get it

the 108 sod endings are easy to get once all the 108 are gathered so I dont want to know about them, just want to know the second normal endings and lets discuss them^_^
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Question: In the part of the game where you get to choose whether to defend your castle or leave it, which one did you choose? I assume this is a factor in getting the second normal ending but I can't be certain.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I chose to leave the castle, I dont believe it factors at all in the normal endings

if you choose to defend the castle roy dies, thats the only difference
Basel

Post by Basel »

son_michael wrote:then georg has a scene where he shows prince his eye is fine and says he cant stay in falena because he killed the queen, he then tells the prince to come with him on his travels and the prince accepts, the dawn rune,twilight rune and the sun rune are brought back to falena and the senate is abolished. lymslair declares her coronation was not genuine and prepares for her next 1 when she will truly be queen,shula valya becomes the ambassador between Falena and Armes and everybody preety much gets a role in Falena, the beavers and dwarves all have a voice in falena now and all the regions are connected, Boz beomes commander of the Royal Navy and Lun joins the dragon calvary! craig resigns from the dragon calvary and maha takes over and allows women to join, the royal palace gains a royal dragon calvary force commanded by roog which work with the queens knights to protect the royal palace! theres more too but I dont remember everything..oh here's another thing...toma starts training with Galleon to become a future Queens Knight!
I got to the scene where georg comforted the crying prince in his arms and that is all. I did not continue reading your post since it has some spoilers.

[spoiler]After showing the profiles of the characters there is a scene where the prince is in another custom, the one when Sialeeds get to change her custom as well,and he was heading toward the ruins where you had the fight with the Sun Run incarnation.[/spoiler]

EDIT: What could have caused Lyon to die? She was in perfect health after defeating the Sun Rune incarnation. It only collapsed after she hold the prince hand. Moreover, she did not bear the rune for a long time. I am sad to say that I got the worst possible ending :cry:.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Yuber8900

Post by Yuber8900 »

Her wound wasn't fully healed, and the Twilight Rune does drain life away. And she did have a whole bunch of tough fights so soon after she recovered.
Feh
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Where is it ever explained thw Twilight Rune drains the life of the bearer? I don't recall ever seeing anything that said that, unless you're basing it on Sialeeds' death, however, that can easily be accredited to injuries she sustained fighting you at which point, yes, the Rune's power would be too strong for an injured person to handle.

As for Lyon dying, at several points Silva tells her not to re-aggravate/re-open her wound. Also on the road less travelled, if Lyon loses to Dolph he shanks her with his blade.
What is most important to you? Will you give me the happiness of taking it away from you?
Basel

Post by Basel »

Rivera wrote:As for Lyon dying, at several points Silva tells her not to re-aggravate/re-open her wound. Also on the road less travelled, if Lyon loses to Dolph he shanks her with his blade.
Now that you mentioned the fight against Dolph, I wounder if what the prince did to protect Lyon caused her wound to reopen. The prince did it very fast and she did not seem very well at that point.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
s_word

Post by s_word »

Okay I need to know. Is the normal and good ending similar with just additional stuff in the good ending?