Island Nations{spoilers}

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

Island Nations{spoilers}

Post by son_michael »

in Nirvana Island{or is it Nirvina?} there's a scene with a soldier showing the prince the secret weapons of the Island Nations..Rune Cannons!

so wow, rune cannons still exist after Rhapsodia

here's an exact description of the rune cannons as told by the officer in suiko 5

"They transform the power of a Rune into a concentrated shell of light! one hit can sink the mighteiest of ships!...or so they say. I've never actually seen them fire And just between you and me, there arent any shells to be shot,wev'e lost the technology to create them."

he says more about the cannons being a great bluff and then he walks away

so yeah rune cannons still exist..just not the amo

I thought that was really cool to see
Last edited by son_michael on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormfist

Post by Stormfist »

Hah, yeah that was a pretty funny scene. I liked the remixed song for the Suikoden IV battle theme. Ahh now that I think about it, Suikoden IV had a beautiful soundtrack.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Haha, yeah that was quite a surprise. But i also liked the little puppet scene with Brandeau & Flare ^^
KoboldsRule

Post by KoboldsRule »

Seldio wrote:Haha, yeah that was quite a surprise. But i also liked the little puppet scene with Brandeau & Flare ^^
I thought it was a bit odd, since it wasn't Flare who took out Brandeau. Oh well, what could you do dramatically with a character who doesn't talk in a puppet show like that? :wink:
<tba>
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well I recently recruited the 2 naval commanders at nirva island and then we went on a little cave adventure only to doscover a rune cannon and working shells!

cant believe that they destroyed the last rune cannon/shells when they couldv'e brought it back home to the island nations
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

Why would you want the Island Nations to have a weapon equivalent to today's nuclear weapons, particularly if they could easily be used against your own country?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

cant believe that they destroyed the last rune cannon/shells when they couldv'e brought it back home to the island nations
Where did you get the idea that those were the last? There's a scene where a guard shows you a ship full of them.

They also state rather clearly that the Island Nations stockpile all cannons and shells they find, that's what Yahr's ending is all about.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

ah well...I didn't see yahr's ending, his recruitment suggested that those rune cannon shells were the last ones in existance

the scene with the guard{the one before you can recuit yahr and the girl} shows only rune cannons on the lino en kuldez, the guard even mentions that they only have the cannons themselves

but I guess if you saw something that counter's that at the end of the game then thats preety cool

rune cannons and there amo still exist in the suiko world huh?
carmelenigma

Post by carmelenigma »

seeing the rune cannons in suiko 5 was cool , especially after believing them totally gone after suikoden tactics. However they did it in such a way that it didnt contradict the story in tactics at all, no one ever said that kyril destroyed all rune cannon shells, and rune cannons, just the ability to produce more. I think the cannon on the Lino wasnt even a rune cannon, rather a plain cannon that they tell pirates is a rune cannon lol
Silver Dragon Flik

Re: Island Nations{spoilers}

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

They probably attempted to reproduce the shells but is a much less powerful manner. Otherwise Suikoden Tactics would be all for naught.