The Ending (Spoilers)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

The Ending (Spoilers)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Eh, what the hell is up with the first part of the ending? There are a lot of people in the Sun Rune that shouldn't even be there, not too mention that Alenia acts nothing like her usual self.

And is there any point to having such a lengthy conversation where you can't even hear any words?

Compared to the rest of the game I found the ending rather lackluster... the Georg bit was okay but the whole ships waving and all was just rather cheesy.

Great game, poor ending.

And boo for writing out "The End" instead of "Fin".
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Didn't Alenia put up a similar act at the Sacred Games? I suppose it's a side of her character that we didn't get to see much of.

Nonetheless, try the "help Lymsleia" ending, and you might like that one instead? No waving, at least.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oh I did that one too... cute but short.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

I can't tell either why they were all there after all, but at first you can see the Hero running desperately in the middle of nowhere after Lyon suddenly died.

But it seems to me that everyone you saw there was trying to cheer him up or help him in some way what he should do next to save her.
And probably they most likely said that they'll always be watching over them from above and all that stuff. ( saying goodbye and such )

But it's bad that they didn't voice this scene.
For me it was quite a touching one, have to admit that.
I didn't see the other "good" ending but i guess the "Help Lymsleia" part seems to be the best one to me.
And i liked to see Hero in those Commander Knight Clothes, hand in hand with Lyon. ^_^
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The normal endings are also pretty good. Some fans in Japan say they thin the normal ending is better than the best ending.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I saw one of the "normal" endings when I played the Japanese version, the one where the Prince gets both Dawn and Twilight and leaves with Georg after returning them to the Sun Palace.

What's the other one, and what are the requirements for getting them?
hatebobbarker

Post by hatebobbarker »

what do you think is the official ending, i picked the "help lym" ending because georg isnt with the prince the next time we see him.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

12 years is more than enough time for them to go their separate ways. Considering how Georg is supposed to be spending some quality time in the Grasslands between this game and Suikoden II, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hero and Lyon decided to go their separate ways sometime.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

I guess the "Help Lymsleia" choice is a good official ending.
From the background about Georg he travels on his own later on anyways, so it might be correct that Lyon and the Prince just stay in Falena.
And after all the Prince lost almost his whole family, so at least he can stay at his sister's side and of course Lyon, which i have no doubt about that they'll be a couple later on in the Suikoden Timeline. ^_^
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If you go with Georg the ending specifically states that they go their seperate ways after a while.
Seldio

Post by Seldio »

Hm, sounds good too. So that leaves open if Lyon and the Prince decide to just live a carefree life together somewhere or they choose to go back to Falena to assist Lymsleia, the Queen.
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

I liked the ending where you go off with George. The "Help Lym" ending doesn't give the Prince and Lyon's relationship as much of an intimate feel. It just seems like it would be inappropriate for the Commander of the Queens Knights and a Queens Knight to have a relationship. With the other ending it says she stays by his side forever, which has a more loving feel to it. Yeah, I'm a sucker for romantic type endings, so that one felt better to me. I thought it was a great ending. Also, poor Viki, she never gets to enjoy the ending celebration! Maybe she should take some Zyrtec or something to prevent those possible allergy related sneezes from sending her off before she can enjoy herself! Poor, airheaded girl. (I say that with the utmost of love for Viki!)
Chef Boyardee

Post by Chef Boyardee »

Well man, although we didn't get a very good look at characters like Alenia, Zahhak, Gizel, and Marcel, we got a good enough look to know that they were doing what they thought was best for Falena and deep down they were genuinely good people. Don't think that Alenia and Zahhak were always douchwizards, I'm pretty sure that although they were kind of tightwads before the game started, they were kind hearted as well. I don't think anyone in the game was really all that evil except for Childerich, and he was pretty much just a childish caricature that can be discounted. I don't think Dolph was really that evil, but was programmed to kill, kind of like how Sagiri was programmed to smile.

The only really EVIL thing in the game was the whole 'Falena for Falenan' things, and once again, Gizel and Marcel were doing it because they THOUGHT it was right. Although the Godwins, Zahhak, and Alenia had a skewed sense of right and wrong, I think they were ultimately good, which kind of explains the ending.
Matt620

Post by Matt620 »

Remember that Alenia wanted, most of all, for Falena to be a strong country. She wanted it away from the people like Lord Barows, and, now that Lord Barows is dead, he's no longer a factor. Perhaps Alenia believes the Prince was influenced enough by Sialeeds to make the country a better place.

Zahhak's only thing was a sense of duty. His duty was to Queen and country, and the Prince, now on the side of the Queen, deserves to be listened to.

I think the Godwins were happy because the Prince stemmed the flow of the Sun Rune. As we know, when you defeat Incarnations, they rune itself seems to weaken for a time, and perhaps even grow dormant. With the Sun Rune weakened, they can be happy that either the Prince or Lym won't fall under it's influence. I also think Gizel is happy because in death, he is together with Sialeeds again, with no politics or motives to come between them.
-M
Serpent

Post by Serpent »

Sailor wrote:I liked the ending where you go off with George. The "Help Lym" ending doesn't give the Prince and Lyon's relationship as much of an intimate feel. It just seems like it would be inappropriate for the Commander of the Queens Knights and a Queens Knight to have a relationship. With the other ending it says she stays by his side forever, which has a more loving feel to it. Yeah, I'm a sucker for romantic type endings, so that one felt better to me. I thought it was a great ending. Also, poor Viki, she never gets to enjoy the ending celebration! Maybe she should take some Zyrtec or something to prevent those possible allergy related sneezes from sending her off before she can enjoy herself! Poor, airheaded girl. (I say that with the utmost of love for Viki!)
Wait if you choose to stay with Lym the Hero would have become Commander of the Queens Knights? :? I thought only the guy who won the sacred games can do that.
You can close your eyes from reality but not memories.