Georg, Arshat, Ferid (Spoilers!)

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
ShardStar

Georg, Arshat, Ferid (Spoilers!)

Post by ShardStar »

I wanted to title this Ferid's plan but felt that was a bit too spoilery. I am apparently not as far as many of you, however if your reading this I am about to divulge major spoilerage.

I wanted to disucss the night that Queen Arshat died and Sol-Falena fell to the Godwins. Specificaly what Ferid had planned for that night and how things went down. After the escape to the East Palace I found my self frowning at what had happened and felt a little confused. Note this thread is for events leading up and during that night, and not after since I haven't gotten that far. I am just trying to understand what Georg, Ferid and Arshat had planned and done.

This is what I have been able to gather so far 2 years ago an revolt happened in Lordlake, why Lyon and Prince are surprised by this is beyond me. Arshat took the Sun Rune and used it to punish Lordlake and executing the Rovere family. This causes Ferid to bring his friend Georg to Falena to help him kill his wife should she go to far under the influence of the Sun Rune.

They discuss this plan though vaguely in a scene while in another Arshat has a teary heart to hear with her son which makes me suspect that she KNOWS what her Husband has planned.

Lyon who seems to have been a former member of the Nether Gate Assassins recognized the drug the Godwins have been using and so Arshat and Ferid know that an possible attack would be emminate and prepared for it.

If Ferid felt that there was no other choice or way to get Arshat out of the place and so had to have Georg kill him and Arshat or at least Arshat. The thing that confuses me then is how do they secure the Sun Rune against the Godwins? Or rather how did they hope to secure it? Sialeeds says the Rune would go back to the Sealed Room, we see two flashes of the Sun Rune light which seems to indicate that it may have been used once before being released from Arshat's body.

Georg then tells the group that Kyle has been sent to the Sealed Room for them, after Kyle shows off some impressive magic (just WHAT was that spell?!). To keep the Godwins from getting the Sun Rune they had to do either one of two things remove the Rune from Sol-Falenas and since the Queen dies instead of using it to escape leads me to believe that they instead choose to Seal it in the Sealed Room.

Georg from what I can tell seems to not have "murdered" so much as assited in a suicide pact with Arshat and Ferid. So in a sense I think I understand now that Georg helped Arshat to die so that the Rune wouldn't fall into the wrong hands and that she wouldn't use it to destroy Sol-Falenas to get to the Godwins.

So is this assessment about right?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I take it that you haven't met Miakis or Galleon yet after the escape?

The details of the events that night would be revealed throughout the game, as you run into more and more survivors from that fateful night. That is, if you want to know what exactly happened that night to support the above conclusion.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

No I haven't gotten that far, I am currently in Haud town now, so now I know about the Sun Rune being sealed up and they can't touch it. I am very impressed with this plot and I think it's the best of the Suikoden plots :) I think I will wait to see what the characters have to say for what happened that night.

I do want to ask one thing for certain though, was anyone able to defeat the Dolph Chilcitan battle? I was able to kill off Dolph but then that Assassin got me. So it seemed like one of those battles you could lose or win. If anyone has beaten them, and I think that they are beatable and I wanted to know what items if any you get from the battle. To see if it's worth it to go back to that battle or not.
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

i'm currently in this phase of the storyline (frightening how early it still is in the game, i mean honestly.. this is but a sliver and it's why i'm loving it) but i just wanted to comment how this game thus far have not let up story-line wise o_O it just keeps coming and coming...

i wonder what happened between fen-ash-geo .... if geo was the backup, then it means ferid fell... but how? why? gah i need details! ^^

....i'm certainly losing myself in the story of this game thus far -.-;;
Rhin

Post by Rhin »

Just wait, it all gets explained later on in a detailed flashback :P
fiffa46

Post by fiffa46 »

I actually just defeted Dolph and Childerich. I had HeroV, Leon bot at level 18 equiped with armor I stole from Kyle and Miakis to boost thier defence and skills were atack and defence each (C on atack and D on defence both). I had Sialeds with 3 healing wind spells and 10 medicins (though I only needed 5) and had her just heal the others. They did about 40 damage to either Hero 5 or Lyon and tended to only atack each once per round. I had Hero 5 and Lyon use thier Sworn Protector combo which did around 250 damage and went after Childerich first. In the end I got 4000 potch and a Prosperity Piece 1. I seriously didn't think I would be able to win this fight but was plesently surprised when I did, and again when I saw what I got for it too. :D
tomriddle

Post by tomriddle »

well since you haven't been to the flashback yet...

Ferid's plan was pretty well laid out..
if Arshtat loses control.. he's to stop her.. if he fails.. Georg will try to finish the job

o_O yes I feel the same way you did when it happened... I wanted details, asap!

;P the flashback provides the juicy little nuggets and is worthy of a perma-save-spot in your memorycard
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Ahhh a Prosperity peice dang nabb it. Oh well I guess I'll save their defeat for New Game +.

I saw the Flashback and it was well worth it, this game inspires all sorts of debates on just about ALL the characters. And man my respect for Georg just keeps going up.
Bob!?

Post by Bob!? »

the impresive magic kyle uses is the water rune >_>