Prince McDohl!?!? Another Suiko 1 reference

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Ninja of the Orange Army

Prince McDohl!?!? Another Suiko 1 reference

Post by Ninja of the Orange Army »

I just got away from Falena early on in game (you'll know where I mean) and the Hero's and other party members outfits changed. The Hero's outfit is reminiscent of McDohl's in Suiko 1. Too cool!!! Just felt the need to comment on that, being that McDohl is my favorite hero by far. Well back to playing!! : D
Any other references you guys notice, whether graphical or text?? No Spoilers please...
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

Shoon mentions Morgan (not by name) when he talks about a gladiator who had his eyes gouged and sold to a foreign country...

Georg changes into his Suikoden 2 outfit...and he still likes cheesecakes.
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Ninja of the Orange Army

Post by Ninja of the Orange Army »

Yeah I caught that as well. Thought it was funny about the cheesecake because I seem to recall (not 100% sure though) that Richmond metioned Georg really really likes Cheesecake. The Morgan thing was pretty cool as well. All in all, I am diggin' Suiko 5 very much. With Sprinng Break here, I get alot of playtime, WOOT!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

This is all plot oriented. Please please please post in the correct forum.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

too bad he doesnt wear the green bandana instead he wears the cape which only appears in cutscenes only o.0
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

when u recruit a narcissist she makes mention that the Hero's outfit (the one of the cover) "looks like one of those dirty Grassies dressed him"

i found that funny becuz i always thought his and Hugo's were sorta similair, but not really...u know?
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Laharle wrote:too bad he doesnt wear the green bandana instead he wears the cape which only appears in cutscenes only o.0
Yes, the cape that looks an awful lot like Gremio's... ;D
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I thought his cape looked more like a green version of Clives cape. Since it does have those belt things around the neck part.
Voltaic

Post by Voltaic »

josiskrazy wrote:Shoon mentions Morgan (not by name) when he talks about a gladiator who had his eyes gouged and sold to a foreign country...

Georg changes into his Suikoden 2 outfit...and he still likes cheesecakes.

I don't think Shoon is talking about Morgan. If I remember correctly Morgan says he had been blind since birth.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That was a lie by Morgan to avoid any further questions from you. This is his true history.
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

When you get your HQ and go to Raftfleet, talk to Retso and a customer says his cooking is art like that "Ivanoguqw" (or whatever he said). I'm sure he meant Ivanov from the first game.
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I was excited to see that Retso and Shun Min made an appearance in this game. As I'm sure we all remember, Shun Min was Hai Yo's lover, and Retso one of the four master chef's that Hai Yo had to face off against back in 2. I've just totally been in love with seeing all the ties back to 1 and 2 in this game. We finally got to see why Georg killed the Queen of Falena (which was mentioned in your investigations in 2), we meet Shun Min and Retso, it's just a thrill for me everytime I see these things tying back into the old games, makes having played them all the more worthwhile (unlike Final Fantasies which rarely if ever tie back into each other).
Orochi_Rockman

Post by Orochi_Rockman »

"One of those dirty Grassies"

That is hilarious. I missed that one.
Zombee

Post by Zombee »

Also, when it comes time for naming your army, both "Orange" and "Unicorn" are suggested, just like in Suikoden 2. :D
Tameon the Dragoon

Post by Tameon the Dragoon »

Zombee wrote:Also, when it comes time for naming your army, both "Orange" and "Unicorn" are suggested, just like in Suikoden 2. :D
Orange was also Cecille's suggestion for Budehuc's new name in Suikoden III. I'm pretty sure it was a suggestion in Suikoden IV, too.
America: Two million illegal immegrants can't be wrong.