suikoden 5 timeline question

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Kak

suikoden 5 timeline question

Post by Kak »

Hi! I'm new here, I've been playing the whole suikoden saga in the last 6 months and I must say I'm addicted! :)_

Is there any spoiler free description of the background of suikoden 5? specially the timeline and the place where it's located. I saw a trailer talking about something that was a lake... I suppose this is the Mazus and Crowley incident (unless blowing up lakes is a really common thing in suikoden world ;) ) that this puts suiko5 around 40 years after suiko4, , can somebody confirm this?

TIA
Kak
Wraith

Re: suikoden 5 timeline question

Post by Wraith »

Kak wrote:Hi! I'm new here, I've been playing the whole suikoden saga in the last 6 months and I must say I'm addicted! :)_

Is there any spoiler free description of the background of suikoden 5? specially the timeline and the place where it's located. I saw a trailer talking about something that was a lake... I suppose this is the Mazus and Crowley incident (unless blowing up lakes is a really common thing in suikoden world ;) ) that this puts suiko5 around 40 years after suiko4, , can somebody confirm this?

TIA
Kak
Mazus and Crowley will not appear in this game I think. Mainly because they don't appear on the list. About timeline, I'm ashamed to say that I am not sure. I think its 6 years before S1.
Shane

Post by Shane »

Now that the game's out, can someone shed light on this? It's probably posted elsewhere, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Quoting the first post in another topic in this seciton.
...Suikoden V takes place (or, at least, the end of the war is) in the Year 448 of the Sun Calendar; i.e. 141 years after the end of Suikoden IV, 6 years before the beginning of Suikoden, 12 years before Suikoden II and 27 years before Suikoden III.
From http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5938
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

That doesn't seem right. I'm not questioning when Suikoden V is based, but they say there were 6 years between 1 and 2? I was fairly certain it was 3 years. Kasumi was 16 in 1 and 19 in 2. Not that it matters. Also, the Suikoden V Wikipedia page is wrong, since they say it takes place between 1 and 2.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

That quote is wrong, there was only 3 years between I and II. So it goes
IV-(144 Years)-V-(6 Years)-I-(3 Years)-II-(15 Years)-III
Minor error though, by accident I'm sure.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

SnowKing wrote:That quote is wrong, there was only 3 years between I and II. So it goes
IV-(144 Years)-V-(6 Years)-I-(3 Years)-II-(15 Years)-III
Minor error though, by accident I'm sure.

SK
No. The original Suikoden was 3 years long, unlike the other games. That is why Suikoden V is 6 years before the start of Suikoden, but 12 years before Suikoden II.

V-(6 Years)-beginning of I-(3 years)-conclusion of I-(3 years)-II
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Ah, I see. That explains it. I can't believe I forgot about that. Thanks for the correction patapi!

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Sailor

Post by Sailor »

One of Oboro's investigations into Viki states the events in 4 were 150 years ago.
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

patapi wrote:No. The original Suikoden was 3 years long, unlike the other games. That is why Suikoden V is 6 years before the start of Suikoden, but 12 years before Suikoden II.

V-(6 Years)-beginning of I-(3 years)-conclusion of I-(3 years)-II
Are you telling me that the first game is supposed to last three years?

How is that possible?
Last edited by Joshua on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Yeah, I'm confuzzled by that statement myself. I'm pretty good with keeping these things in my head but... 3 years for Suikoden 1? Jesus... I dunno...
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Yep...it's true. The events of Suikoden I, from start to finish, take place within 3 years. I think Suikoden II spans a couple months and Suikoden III is an even shorter period of time. I have no idea about IV and V.
PSN: FreshMetal80
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

suiko 2 is 5 years after 1, suiko 3 is 15 years after 2, suiko 4 is 150 years before 1 and suiko 5 is 6 years before 1
Azural

Post by Azural »

Yep Suikoden I does take the time period of 3 years although it doesn't seem like it because there is no daylight/night element in the game. As i said in others it's so long because Suikoden I is the closest and most similar to the Shui Hu Zhuan (Suikoden for Japanese), which is the original chinese legend suikoden is based on.
The war in the legend was of 4 years. Even the theme in Suikoden is cloest too, in other the theme of betraying by your country and escape with ur closest friends and gather 108 xin zuo(stars of destiny) to start the revolution against the government. In the legend the Court Staff went into practices of demonic ways and turning the government poor and manipulates the emperor while that is almost the same as in when Windy went evil trying to get SoulEater. There are many other elements that compares with Suikoden I(only) if you read the original story. The only thing thats different is the game maker added the element of True Rues into the game.

Well just explain why Suikoden I is so long and brag alittle about it.

and to add the time line for Suiko it's
all based on SI
Suikoden IV(150 before I )----144years later----Suikoden V(6 years before I)--6 years later----SuikodenI(end of 3year war)----3 years later----Suikoden II----15years later-------Suikoden III
SpecialNewb

Just think of...

Post by SpecialNewb »

...Suikoden I starting in December of year 1, and ending in January of year 3, so that's 14 months bringing into a more reasonable length while still keeping it three years roughly.

Btw, is the Falenan calender different than the Harmonian one we've been using thus far? It seems they mark years differently...