Taking place

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
True Sun Rune

Taking place

Post by True Sun Rune »

What is are the time settings of

Suikoden I
Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tactics
Suikoden V ?

This is how i understand it to be so far, but am a bit confused for i am simple minded and it hurts to think so hard...

SK1 is 150 years after SK4 and vice versa, SKT timeline confuses me since at the start of game when i loaded my SK4 data the hero was a little kid then 3 years later when he gets recruited he's like 20 something i know SKT isnt before SK4 since Illuya is being rebuilt. So is SKT during or after the island wars? (The confusion for me is the Timeline of SK4 and SKT and how they come together)

I think SK3 is after SK2, (been awhile since ive played part 3, since i despise its horrible battle system so i cant remember if its mentioned.) (Why isnt Zexen mention in part 2 or 1) i dont understand the connection between 2 and 3....

and i have no idea when SK5 takes place, all i know is its in the Queendom of Falena.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Taking place

Post by patapi »

First and foremost, the History>Timeline section of the main site is a good starting ground for the exact time settings of 1-2-3 (as well as many other significant events), with respect to the other, so check it out:
http://www.suikosource.com/history/timeline/
True Sun Rune wrote:SK1 is 150 years after SK4 and vice versa, SKT timeline confuses me since at the start of game when i loaded my SK4 data the hero was a little kid then 3 years later when he gets recruited he's like 20 something i know SKT isnt before SK4 since Illuya is being rebuilt. So is SKT during or after the island wars? (The confusion for me is the Timeline of SK4 and SKT and how they come together)

I think SK3 is after SK2, (been awhile since ive played part 3, since i despise its horrible battle system so i cant remember if its mentioned.) (Why isnt Zexen mention in part 2 or 1) i dont understand the connection between 2 and 3....
You've got most of the details right, but for the sake of clarity, the time settings for each of the games should be (w.r.t. the Sun Calendar system):

Gate Rune War (S1): Year 455-457
Dunan Unification War (S2): Year 460
Fire Bringer War II (S3): Year 475
Island Liberation War (S4): Year 305

Zexen was mentioned in Hans' profile in S2, among others. There were no serious mention of other nations within S1 besides Jowston, even though some of its cast did hail from other parts of the world.

The setting for ST/Rhapsodia is not as clear cut though, as the game spans across a few years, before AND after S4.
  • The first scenario of ST/Rhapsodia took place 7 years before S4 (Year 298, the same year that Glen suffered a major defeat against Kooluk's Troy)
  • Some number of years later (the game didn't give us an exact number), Walter met the pirates Edgar and Brandeau, a number of spoilerific events took place, and the latter acquired the Rune of Punishment as a result.
  • Three years after the above events, Kyril and his group resurfaced in Razril, which marked the beginning of the majority of the game. By this time, the Island Liberation War was over, but the game didn't exactly tell us how much time have passed since the end of the war.
and i have no idea when SK5 takes place, all i know is its in the Queendom of Falena.
Konami hasn't announced a specific time setting yet, but all the information released so far hinted at some time between the Succession War (some 10 years before S1) and S2.
True Sun Rune

Post by True Sun Rune »

SKT said that it was 3 years after Walter had died (the night he was with brandeau and edgar)
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed men by the thousands. Look at me. I am sublime! I am the true face of evil!" - Luca Blight
Moonbay

Re: Taking place

Post by Moonbay »

patapi wrote:Konami hasn't announced a specific time setting yet, but all the information released so far hinted at some time between the Succession War (some 10 years before S1) and S2.
I would say it's before S1--since Lorelai is there--and not in Falena.
Playing Suikoden III......
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

S5 takes place 9 years before S1(which is one year after the War of Succession)
PSN: FreshMetal80
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden was 3 years long though, therefore S5 began 6 years before S1.
LoganAlpha30X13

Post by LoganAlpha30X13 »

Suikoden V takes place over 150 years after Suikoden IV because there's a sailor in Nirva that tells you how that big ship got it's name, the Lina El Kuldes or whatever, it was named after the King of Obel from 150 years earlier that fought a big war and united the islands. I'll go now.....................
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

LoganAlpha30X13 wrote:Suikoden V takes place over 150 years after Suikoden IV because there's a sailor in Nirva that tells you how that big ship got it's name, the Lina El Kuldes or whatever, it was named after the King of Obel from 150 years earlier that fought a big war and united the islands. I'll go now.....................
Its not precise though, usually people round up, since in fact it would be 144 years, but 150 years sounds more impressive. Its like at the moment, Hovis bread have adverts for a 120th anniversary but nothing was made of the 115th to 119th anniversary, since for some reason humans are attracted to noughts and fives.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
DarkShadowX

Post by DarkShadowX »

Hey, first post here.

Anyways, I don't know the exact time settings myself but, I know the order goes like this:

ST(Prologue)-->SIV-->ST-->SV-->SI-->SII-->SIII

thats all I really know, but if it helps any then its good.
LoganAlpha30X13

Well if you have Oboro investigate Georg he comes back and says that he was one of the six generals...but weren't the six generals in the first game only, so that'd have to put the 5th game in between Suikoden 1 and 2...or am I mistaken. I'll go now.....................
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

LoganAlpha30X13 wrote:Well if you have Oboro investigate Georg he comes back and says that he was one of the six generals...but weren't the six generals in the first game only, so that'd have to put the 5th game in between Suikoden 1 and 2...or am I mistaken. I'll go now.....................
No Georg left the Scarlet Moon Empire after the War of Succession. Which was years before the events of Suikoden 1.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
LoganAlpha30X13

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, though Viki is mentioned as well in Oboro's reports about being around 150 years ago, but he doesn't figure out that she's the same lady. I"ll go now..........................