Left hand True Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
The_Face_of_Death

Left hand True Rune

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

In S4, the True Rune bearers have a left hand true rune, but in all other games, it's right hand. whats up with that?
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

the RoP must just like the left hand. it is so unusuall to think there would bo a left hander true rune.
prehaps there could be so symbology to it that im missing
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Stan

Post by Stan »

I'm glad they made it left handed. I'm left handed. In every game I play, the person is always right handed, I'm glad they choose something a bit different. But I don't think it really means anything, the true rune may just like to be on that hand.
POSITVE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY.
When you feel that nobody loves you,
nobody cares for you,
everyone is ignoring you,
and people are jealous of you.
You should really ask yourself....
Am I TOO sexy?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

According to Roman belief, the right hand is the "good" hand while the left is the "bad". They didn't allow people to step in/out of places left-foot first.

Maybe the RoP was on the left hand to idealise this. (theory)
[evil laugh here]
Stan

Post by Stan »

KoyuRedd wrote:According to Roman belief, the right hand is the "good" hand while the left is the "bad". They didn't allow people to step in/out of places left-foot first.

That's a good theory. Another point that can be added to your is in India, they only do things with there right had cuz it's considered proper and "clean".... in some parts they use the left hand to wash themself's after they've used the washroom since they don't use toiletpaper.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

True runes aren't just limited to the right hand. Leknaat bears hers on her chest and Arshetat bears the Sun Rune on her head.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:True runes aren't just limited to the right hand. Leknaat bears hers on her chest and Arshetat bears the Sun Rune on her head.
And don't forget Crowley.He has them all over the place.

THe thing is runes can be put anywhere. However it seems that some runes(such as the Blue Gate Rune) are limited to the head or other parts, however I am sure there are Sindar(or other cutlure's) techniques that allow you to put these runes to other places on the body.In fact, the location of the affixed rune bears no signifigance whatsoever.

Seeing True Runes are sentient and sometimes choose their hosts(and/or where they appear) some TR's might have a tendency for some spots, such as the left hand at Hero IV.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Wraith wrote:And don't forget Crowley.He has them all over the place.
I know, but I was specifically on about True Runes.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yeah, I believe I had stated a reason as to why the Rune of Punishment lodged itself on the left hand. I also speculate that it has something to do with the fact that it is a True Rune that takes the life of its bearer thus technically seen as "Evil". We have not seen a True Rune that directly harmed the bearer until that one. Of course, we have seen another cursed True Rune, but it killed those around the bearer and not the bearer itself. But, as stated before, True Runes don't have to be specifically located on one place of the body.
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

KoyuRedd wrote:According to Roman belief, the right hand is the "good" hand while the left is the "bad". They didn't allow people to step in/out of places left-foot first.

They also forced left-handed people to use their right hands. :)

And the left="evil" is usually used in plays as well. The villain makes his first entrance from the left--so you know he's the bad guy.

But I think we're right in guessing that the RoP was placed on the left hand in order to underlie its "evil intent."
Playing Suikoden III......
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Stan wrote:I'm glad they made it left handed. I'm left handed. In every game I play, the person is always right handed, I'm glad they choose something a bit different. But I don't think it really means anything, the true rune may just like to be on that hand.
Yes, I know what you mean as a left hander to! In games every one is right handed. Got diddly darn, more reality! More left handers! :P :D
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

i concure, more lefties
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Siel Avadon wrote:
Stan wrote:I'm glad they made it left handed. I'm left handed. In every game I play, the person is always right handed, I'm glad they choose something a bit different. But I don't think it really means anything, the true rune may just like to be on that hand.
Yes, I know what you mean as a left hander to! In games every one is right handed. Got diddly darn, more reality! More left handers! :P :D

Even the sub characters are right handed. Maybe in the future, other games will make left handed main characters like tis one.
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

There were some FF characters that were left handed, I think Kain was and Edge was ambiadexitous.
Stan

Post by Stan »

ShardStar wrote:There were some FF characters that were left handed, I think Kain was and Edge was ambiadexitous.
Really? I thought Cain was right handed..... your talking about the one from FF6 right?
nobody cares for you,
Am I TOO sexy?