Left hand True Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Actually, Rune of Punishment grants eternal agelessness like all the other true runes. As long as you refrain from (ab)using its powers in its Atonement stage, you won't be losing any amount of your life. Of course, that is if you are lucky enough to never be in need of its powers.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Silver Dragon Flik wrote:Storywise it can probably placed anywhere... Also on the dirty spots :oops:
Phero Rune! :twisted:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

SpecialNewb wrote:
Silver Dragon Flik wrote:Storywise it can probably placed anywhere... Also on the dirty spots :oops:
Phero Rune! :twisted:
That was just strange but in theory it is possible and... *sigh* you know what I mean.

But please lets not discuss that part any further or we might get this thread locked for this kind of behavior.

Think about this: Might the possitioning of a rune affect its powers?
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

Spoiler deleted Personally I'd rather have a rune placed in my non-fighting hand, so I could attack with my weapon then turn around and fire off a spell or two.

How did Mazus and Crowley figure out how to put runes everywhere? (Assumedly Windy too.) I don't recall. Was it just studying Cynder/Sindar techniques?

BTW, you can't cover spoilers up, in a box that you highlight text to ready? Am I using the tags right?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The spoiler box dosen't work unfortunately, we're not sure why.

Please dont' put any Suikoden V plot info in any other threads with spoiler tags or not, you have to only put it in the Suikoden V threads. See the suikosource homepage for more info. Thanks.
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

It might be a good idea to mention that the spoiler box doesn't work on the front page. Also, the last time I used spoilers, the mod simply did what I originally did in the post, made a huge space between the spoiler and the rest of the post so I thought that would be okay.

Anyhow, of course I'll keep the spoilers where they should go.
Khift

Post by Khift »

I'd love to see a true rune decide to take it's spot on the bearer's back. Have it sprawl out like a giant tattoo from shoulder to shoulder to hips.

It'd be befitting of an arrogant and physical true rune, like the Beast rune.

Edit: After thinking about it a bit, I think the Shield Rune should've been on Riou's left hand. Not because it's 'evil' like the Rune of Punishment, but because you hold a shield with your left hand, not your right hand. If you use a shield with your left hand, wouldn't it make sense for the Shield Rune to go on your left hand?
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

About Lazlo and the Rune of Punishment, I've heard that he's available as well as Snowe with Suikoden 4 saved game data loaded onto Suikoden Tactics, to what extent is Lazlo involved, wasn't he meant to have just "Vanished from the pages of history"?
Surely doing something as controversial as helping to destroy the Rune Cannons counts as playing a part in history, especially with his previous status as the guy who was able to drive back the Kooluk Southern Expansion with his army and who survived the curse of the Rune of Punishment, getting it into its forgiveness stage.
Even if Kyril was the main character, I'm sure the extra help will have been useful to him.

Any light on what happened to Lazlo after Suikoden Tactics?
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Ushiku wrote:About Lazlo and the Rune of Punishment, I've heard that he's available as well as Snowe with Suikoden 4 saved game data loaded onto Suikoden Tactics, to what extent is Lazlo involved, wasn't he meant to have just "Vanished from the pages of history"?
the official ending of suikoden 4 is Lazlo is alive and is drifting in a boat, in suikoden tactics Lino tells you to go to the Deserted Island to ask for"someones" help in your fight{which is Lazlo}, as you play the game and have lazlo talk to former allies in battle{kika and any other character that was in suikoden 4}, you find out what happened. Lazlo was working for Lino as a commander in obel and he did patrols for him and then after a while he decided to go live on the deserted island, he also says that he can use his rune freely now, he never gets hurt
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Cool, that's good to hear, I'm glad he's still got some role.
Though its got me thinking, I wonder if he's still on the deserted island now or whether he travelled like other tenkais.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.