Aging after true rune~fomerly:"Flame Champion"

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

LillyXChris wrote:There should be enough proof from Sana that the FC died of aging. If you read the S3 manga, you'll probably get more evidence.

OOT: By the way, Kingdom Hearts manga is out in Singapore on the 11 October!!

many people on this site have told me that the suikoden 3 manga is not offcial information, its just 1 artist perspective, if it was official info,hugo would be the official flame champ, hes not the official flame champ and suikoden 3 manga is not official info,its not the official story
killey

Post by killey »

I dont think the FC would have aged rapidly as Ted had his souleater rune stolen for a while (in SIV) and he didnt age more than expected.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

he didnt age because he was on the fog ship, the fog ship guide granted ted aglesness on the fog ship
Chinese Rice

Post by Chinese Rice »

what is a fog ship?
For anyone who has live my gamertag is

Shadowstrike416

and also im a suikoden fan.....ummmm of course :)
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

The Fog Ship is a...thing that is shown in Suikoden IV. Ted lives on the Fog Ship, and the Fog Ship Guide (master of the Fog Ship) bears Ted's True Rune, the Souleater. Lazlo saves Ted from the Fog Ship after defeating the Fog Ship Guide in Suikoden IV.

Many rumors go around about the Fog Ship guide, one of which being it is Sindar, but there is not much official information regarding it.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Chinese Rice wrote:what is a fog ship?

The fog ship, looks like a regular ship on the outside, but ted says that its only a projection of magic and dosen't really exist{he says the same thing about the fog ship guide as well} Ted gave up the soul eater{to the fog ship guide} willingly and in return he was granted aglessness as long as he stayed on the fog ship, Lazlo makes ted realize he cant run away form his problems and after the fog ship guide is defeated, ted reclaims the soul eater

if you wanna continue this discussion on the fog ship or the fog ship guide, please find a fog ship thread or send me or true wind bearer a pm, we dont want to get this thread off topic
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, I believe it is confirmed that Hugo is the official Flame Champion and bearer of the True Fire Rune. I don't know if the manga is considered canon information, but I believe that we do know who properly bears the True Water, Lightning and Fire Runes. As for the Flame Champion, Sana clearly says he spends the rest of his short days with her in happiness. So, he didn't die of disease or wounds. The game makes it clear he dies of aging irregardless of the manga.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

demon eye wrote:Actually, I believe it is confirmed that Hugo is the official Flame Champion and bearer of the True Fire Rune. I don't know if the manga is considered canon information, but I believe that we do know who properly bears the True Water, Lightning and Fire Runes. As for the Flame Champion, Sana clearly says he spends the rest of his short days with her in happiness. So, he didn't die of disease or wounds. The game makes it clear he dies of aging irregardless of the manga.

In the past I said the same thing that your saying, Red killey{and many others} shot me down saying that konami did not offcially say who the flame champion and bearer of the true fire rune is, I argued that the game points to hugo being the next flame champion and bearer of TF but they said that the game lets you decide which 1 bears the rune, therefore anyone could be the flame champion. After that I even said that the suikoden 3 manga has hugo as the flame champion and they all said that the manga is not offcial info, just 1 artist perspective

The entire reason I brought it up was because in suikosources info about the 27 true runes, it list the 3 elemental true runes as owned by any of the 3 and so I reported that as an error but everyone dissagreed with me and said its not official info

if you want, you can check out my thread in the section where we report possible problems in the site

I personally agree with you 100% and I think its preety obvious but people yelled at me for saying that too..... if you play suikoden 3 you can catch little hidden messages that chris is connected with water or you could just listen to the whole game urge the player to pick hugo as the flame champ....
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

son_michael wrote:
demon eye wrote:Actually, I believe it is confirmed that Hugo is the official Flame Champion and bearer of the True Fire Rune. I don't know if the manga is considered canon information, but I believe that we do know who properly bears the True Water, Lightning and Fire Runes. As for the Flame Champion, Sana clearly says he spends the rest of his short days with her in happiness. So, he didn't die of disease or wounds. The game makes it clear he dies of aging irregardless of the manga.

In the past I said the same thing that your saying, Red killey{and many others} shot me down saying that konami did not offcially say who the flame champion and bearer of the true fire rune is, I argued that the game points to hugo being the next flame champion and bearer of TF but they said that the game lets you decide which 1 bears the rune, therefore anyone could be the flame champion. After that I even said that the suikoden 3 manga has hugo as the flame champion and they all said that the manga is not offcial info, just 1 artist perspective

The entire reason I brought it up was because in suikosources info about the 27 true runes, it list the 3 elemental true runes as owned by any of the 3 and so I reported that as an error but everyone dissagreed with me and said its not official info

if you want, you can check out my thread in the section where we report possible problems in the site

I personally agree with you 100% and I think its preety obvious but people yelled at me for saying that too..... if you play suikoden 3 you can catch little hidden messages that chris is connected with water or you could just listen to the whole game urge the player to pick hugo as the flame champ....
Exactly, even if konami don't give the oficcial information of who is the FC, is something that you can assume of a easy way, in the suiko4 dont reveal in a formely way that lazlo is the prince of obel, but is obvious that he is lino son, and beside dont make much sense do of geddoe or chris the FC, geddoe keep the rune of thunder that he always have for more of 100years, chris have the true water of his father and that let hugo with the fire, he is who more look's like the rest of the other heros of suikoden and the most clear option
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, I don't know about the conversation with Red Killey or how long ago it was that you had it, but I believe it was announced shortly before the Suikoden 3 mangas started surfacing that it was confirmed who each bore those three True Runes. And if I recall correctly, the writer did get some input from the creators allowing her to license the Suikoden brandname for her project and stay true to the story.

So, I would find it interesting to suggest that it wasn't official, but it may be so. But, I am almost certain that I saw it stated that it was official that Hugo became the next Flame Champion. Perhaps I am wrong because it is correct that they do list variations for the bearers.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

demon eye wrote:Well, I don't know about the conversation with Red Killey or how long ago it was that you had it, but I believe it was announced shortly before the Suikoden 3 mangas started surfacing that it was confirmed who each bore those three True Runes. And if I recall correctly, the writer did get some input from the creators allowing her to license the Suikoden brandname for her project and stay true to the story.

So, I would find it interesting to suggest that it wasn't official, but it may be so. But, I am almost certain that I saw it stated that it was official that Hugo became the next Flame Champion. Perhaps I am wrong because it is correct that they do list variations for the bearers.

I had the conversation with red killey and co about 2 to 3 months ago

here's the thread, you should check it out

here's the thread
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I had already read the conversation and I knew it was awhile ago so I was basically commenting that the information that Red Killey gave may not be relevant now, but it seems to be as they just made a new log with information from Suikoden 3 and the True Runes that supports the statements.
RogetOfTheWind

Post by RogetOfTheWind »

Its been a good while since i have played Suikoden 3, but i could have sworn it mentioned somewhere that the method the Flame Champion used to seal the true fire rune cause him so much pain that he died from it a couple of years later. AT least it was somehting to that effect.
I'll never be a memory- Sephiroth
Melee Ace

Post by Melee Ace »

Yeah, Geddoe mentions something to that effect if you choose him as the successor. He mentions that removing the True Fire Rune caused severe backlash, and that he died years later. Oh, and please note "years", so he probably could have lived longer and continued aging normally if... say... he underwent Luc's technique or he just passed it on to someone else.
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

I agree with son_michael also. If you play the game, you'll know who should get which rune, but it's not official. OJ Simpson isn't guilty. Live with it.

A True Rune has so much energy, if it got removed, your body would have to go through a painful adaption to being normal again and thus an some past bearers suffer an early death.
However some people have lived quite long after the removal like Jimba, Genkakku and hans Cunningham. But yea, no past bearer has lived to a very old "natural" age of like 80+ i think.
Strategy is the key to victory!