The fundamental powers of the True Runes

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Having a battle with Poseidon to regain the True Water Rune. Instead of an incarnation or a rune you fight a god instead. Same could be with True Lightning and having a battle with Zeus. They could always change the names so they're not Zeus, Poseidon, etc. Give them weird names like Razzamataz, Dipsydoodle. That wouldn't seem to be serious names for gods though. Maybe Ginnungagap, Icaros, Crescendo.
Sabrewulf

Post by Sabrewulf »

The true runes are supposed to be the gods in the suikoden world =)
Then if you fight the gods you fight the true runes but since true runes doesn't have a definite shape then you'd fight theyr incarnation :D
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Leknaat will support the people (heroes of suikoden) that strive to achieve balance.
Yup, she does that. Are you saying that she would gather people together to stop the destruction of a True Rune? I'll agree with that.
Humans still have control of their destiny, that's why Leknaat can't do very much except give you bonuses for recruiting all 108 characters to help you on your way.
See, that's where you kinda contradict yourself. You said Leknaat would do something about someone destroying a True Rune, and then you say she can't do very much. So, she would try to stop someone and fail? In that case, it wouldn't really matter if she tried or not, since she'd fail anyway.
Since the true runes were created along with the universe at the beginning of time, wouldn't you need to recreate the universe to re-create a true rune?
Well, that's the same as saying that destroying a True Rune would destory the universe. I don't really know either way, but it doesn't seem like destroying a True Rune would destroy the universe.
it could destroy an area but it would take 27 2 destroy the universe. you just ressuret the area, and voila, a true rune recreated. maybe....
SpecialNewb

Post by SpecialNewb »

I'd say that the element itself wouldn't disappear--the runes are the embodiment of a particular something, not neccessarily the sustainment. The True Water Rune created water, but now it's naturally self-sustaining.

What I think would happen is that all the runes born from the that Rune would die. So all you'd have is natural water effects like we have today. No more healing spells or blizzard spells etc.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

If this is true, the destruction of True Runes such as Rune of Change, the Circle Rune, the Rune of Beginning and the Eightfold Rune would have the biggest political impact since they govern different areas of the balance: Change, Order, Judgement and Chaos.

Whilst the destruction of True Runes such as the Rune of the Night, the Blue Moon Rune, the Rune of Punishment and the Soul Eater would have the biggest impact on social interaction. There would be no more undead, whilst those who weren't dead could no longer die and would lose their (im)morality from the lack of compassion, forgiveness, atonement and destruction. There would be disorderly mutes who couldn't die, but also couldn't reproduce, and had lives in which they were just mutes with a lack of purpose in life.

The destruction of the True Elemental Runes would drastically change the climate and any one of the True Runes being destroyed would be problematic.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rune of Change governs the Chaos aspect of the world. We don't know what Yuber's rune is for.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I just figured that the Eightfold Rune would be connected to Chaos due to the fact Yuber is intent on causing chaos, either that or he's just a psychopath, but I'd prefer there to be a much more valid reason for Yuber's actions than plain old insanity, a motive is always more interesting than blind rage in my opinion it makes better storytelling.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.