Tinto

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Suiko Fan

Tinto

Post by Suiko Fan »

I have start wondring why did tinto leaves dunan and mada a republic of its own?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It's likely due to their miner's guild. They could generate their own income and do not necessarilly have to join the alliance. I think Gustav would have stayed if Riou became the leader (as shown in S2) but who's to say they wouldn't have left at all.

It was like Matilda's story. They were created as a principality of Muse, but as they gained power, they became a city-state.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
suikofanUk

Post by suikofanUk »

Also Tinto was seperated from the rest of the states geographically through a ravine and a large mountain range.

i suppose that tinto felt that if they seperated from the city states, that they would be able to expand their territory into the grasslands and beyond.
because i don't think that Dunan would look kindly upon any further expansion into grasslands or Toran.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

So Tinto seeking expansion is the reason why Zexen and Tinto have border clashes?
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yes, after fighting the Beast Rune, if you go back to Tinto's entire area, some villagers mostly say something along the lines of "Highland's gone. Grassland is next". I think some even talked about a certain bandit group in the grasslands. They're referring to the fake Fire Bringer.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
CrimsonKilley

Post by CrimsonKilley »

The Tinto villagers was reffering to the hit and run clash between Tinto and Grassland.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

More of the reason that Tinto seceded is because the attitude of its people and leaders. They didn't trust many other of the City-States, thinking them weaklings. Part of it may have been because South Window withdrew from Toran too easily, so they didn't think their membership in the Alliance was beneficial to them at all. They would be better off without the Alliance, and what made the move more possible was the separation from the rest of Dunan, and the strong mining economy.