Jowy

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Wraith

Jowy

Post by Wraith »

Could Jowy be a Tenkai star?I mean alot of people counted on him and trust him.It could also explain how the Black Sword Rune seal broke.Agares Blight, Luca Blight ,Culgan,Seed,Lucia,Pillika,yuber,(maybe Sasarai),kage,Jillia and otheres could be SoD's.
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

So far a Tenkai can't have conflict with another Tenkai.
No Jowy is not a Tenkai and though some key people trusted him, that was the way for Barbarossa too and Luc (I'm guessing for Luc).
I can understand how, that thought crossed your mind because it crossed mine as well at some point but I rule it out for the reason above, so Jowy was made to look anti Riou, in a way they were the different side of the same coin.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

It would been cool though if they made a remake that they would also make the Jowy POV like in Suikoden 3 :D
Genso

Post by Genso »

The first Suikogaiden has a chapter that focuses on what happened when Jowy was captured and what he experienced before he decides to kill Anabelle.
Yuber_luv

Post by Yuber_luv »

I disagree with you, Arenegeth. Although Jowy is on the opposite side of Riou, he didn't enjoy it all that much. He started off with good intentions, then turned sort of evil, but through it all, he questioned himself. I think that he could be a Tenkai Star because the conflict was more between the different sides of himself rather than the battle between him and Riou.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Genso wrote:The first Suikogaiden has a chapter that focuses on what happened when Jowy was captured and what he experienced before he decides to kill Anabelle.
Jowy kills Anabelle? I thought he just sent her away to live with Pilika?
Belle

Post by Belle »

That's Jillia. Anabelle was the mayor of Muse.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Oh right, how embaressing. I'll have to replay the game again to get my names straight.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Yuber_luv wrote:I disagree with you, Arenegeth. Although Jowy is on the opposite side of Riou, he didn't enjoy it all that much. He started off with good intentions, then turned sort of evil, but through it all, he questioned himself. I think that he could be a Tenkai Star because the conflict was more between the different sides of himself rather than the battle between him and Riou.
There can only be one Tenkai Star during a gathering. That much is official. If we are talking about the Dunan Unification War, then during that span, Jowy will NEVER be the Tenkai Star, regardless of whether he acts like one or not.

However, since he wasn't given a star in this game, he could be some sort of Tenkai in a future time if he was to lead an army like Riou. But there's some points that would make this difficult.

1. He pretty much left with Riou and Nanami in peace, so I doubt he would ever put himself in a situation like leading an army where their happiness would be in jeopardy.

2. Even if he hasn't gotten a star in this game, he could be one of the other stars in a future time instead.

3. His story seems to be well resolved with the trio wandering the land, so I doubt we would ever see him again. Even if a final Suikoden were to take place, it would have to take place in their timeline because the trio isn't immortal.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Ced The Lad wrote:
Yuber_luv wrote:I disagree with you, Arenegeth. Although Jowy is on the opposite side of Riou, he didn't enjoy it all that much. He started off with good intentions, then turned sort of evil, but through it all, he questioned himself. I think that he could be a Tenkai Star because the conflict was more between the different sides of himself rather than the battle between him and Riou.
There can only be one Tenkai Star during a gathering. That much is official. If we are talking about the Dunan Unification War, then during that span, Jowy will NEVER be the Tenkai Star, regardless of whether he acts like one or not.

However, since he wasn't given a star in this game, he could be some sort of Tenkai in a future time if he was to lead an army like Riou. But there's some points that would make this difficult.

first of al he COULD be a tenkai.Eventough he wouldn't be called a Tenkai at that moment due to your explenation he still would remain a Tenkai because stars do NOT change.

1. He pretty much left with Riou and Nanami in peace, so I doubt he would ever put himself in a situation like leading an army where their happiness would be in jeopardy.

2. Even if he hasn't gotten a star in this game, he could be one of the other stars in a future time instead.

3. His story seems to be well resolved with the trio wandering the land, so I doubt we would ever see him again. Even if a final Suikoden were to take place, it would have to take place in their timeline because the trio isn't immortal.
He could be a Tenkai at that moment because stars do not change so if he is a tenkai then he stays a tenkai.
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

but there is no tablet of stars for him definitely.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Is Jowy even an SoD? I mean look at his gameplay story. You use him twice and he tries to kill you. That doesn't sound so Star of Destiny like to me.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

He's not a SoD. He doesn't have his own star.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Eh I think everyone is linked to a star if not one of the 108 cause there are a hell of more stars than a 108.MAybe there are dark stars or somthing.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jowy have the True Beast Rune at the same time that he had his half true sword rune. I thought it wasn't possible to have two true runes. I read somewhere on the forum that Jowys rune supressed the nature of the beast rune and it was killing him or something. Can someone elaborate on this.