Suiko-4,the hero,who is he? also,where does he go?*spoilers*

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
SoulEater13

Suiko-4,the hero,who is he? also,where does he go?*spoilers*

Post by SoulEater13 »

ok, i don't know what all of you think, but i have my own idea, i think that The Hero of 4 is the son of the Queen of Obel, i am sure i am not the only one to htink this, there is enough evidance in the game to prove this, but i want to hear what you all have to say!

I wanna know what happens to him, i mean jheez, at the end first it sort makes you think the rune killed him ,then he is laying in the boat, and you know hes not dea, why would they put supplies on a dea man's boat? who picked him up in the end? he didn't show up in the other games althoung it was a pre-squeal, what do you guys and gals think?
confused redhead

Post by confused redhead »

I had a fleeting thought of that too, dunno the Truth/Falsehood of the whole thing. Admins?
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
-Ben Franklin
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

HeroIV is the son of the Queen of Obel; that much we know.

The questions in your second paragraph can only be answered with speculation, so I'll just leave them be.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think you had the worst ending.I couldn't really understand your second pharagraph...
When you get the best ending he stands up and you see he's not dead otherwise,he's dead...
Strange that he didn't turn to ashes tough....

EDIT: the jugs and aors are actually so they wouldn't have to make 2 seperate edings.They could say: "The jugs are for the afterlife" if Hero died and they could say: "The jugs are so he can drink" when he survives...

I hate konami...damn lazy animators...couldn't make 2 seperate endings...
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

You DO know that ancient Egyptian Pharoahs were sent into the afterworld with food, right? Cats were sent in with mummified mice, too.

It could be a religious, thing, too, you know. We'll never know.

IS the Hero the son of the son of the Queen of Obel? Some say yes; some say no. Using the game itself as a guide--we're not sure, since there's no proof--like a birthmark or something.

All they give us is circumstantial evidence (okay, I'm one of the ones who say yes..LOL).

But, here's another theory for the boat:

It's a lifeboat that's always stocked with provisions in order to save time later when they need it.
SoulEater13

Post by SoulEater13 »

I think what we could use as a birth mark is when the rune is on Glen's hand and when it shines(after wiping out most of the pirate fleet) the hero's hand also shines, as if he had part of the rune in him...

Ok, i got the best ending in 4, he did live. but that does make sense, the food and stuf could be for the afterlife...
Kyuto

Post by Kyuto »

food for the afterlife, huh?..

Seems more likely that they're not sure if he's dead..alive..or dying. And so they put him there so the rune won't transfer to anyone else just in case.. Food is for the still alive possibility..
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

food for the afterlife, huh?..

Seems more likely that they're not sure if he's dead..alive..or dying. And so they put him there so the rune won't transfer to anyone else just in case.. Food is for the still alive possibility..
Its a viking custom to put the corpse on the boat with provisions eventough he's dead.O and BTW the Rune already got transfered at the bad ending...We just don't know who.

Also the real reason why there are provisions with them is that there are 2 endings: the bad and the good.The bad exist out of 1 scene (him laying in the boat dead)the good out of 2 scenes the first one is the same as that of the bad ending and the second you know he's alive.The reason why he has provisions in the bad ending is because they didn't want to animate 2 sperate endings.Plus they could've just said it was an Obel custom,wich it probably is.
SoulEater13

Post by SoulEater13 »

but when Vikings sent out a ship with a dead body on it they set it on fire, with the Warriors woman friend alive on board. so it wasn't from that.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

It was just a matter of WHO they sent. I remember reading a paragraph saying something like:
When a citizen/servant passed on to the next life, they used to be sent out at sea on flaming boats to purify their souls and bodies, and become spirits.

When a leader died, he was sent adrift on a boat with food and water for his journey to the life beyond. The boat then would sink when that leader reaches the next life.
So basically the food was there to feed the leader during his journey to the afterlife, seeing that they thought he would still be alive at that stage. :?
[evil laugh here]
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

so people think he has died then ...
but he is still alive ...

i dont like suikoden 4 ... there's a lot of things are not clearly shown and realised by many characters ... like SPOILER

Louise is Nareo's mom .... the Hero is Lino's son ... whether the Hero will stay at Island Nation or he will go somewhere to keep a distance with his friends because of his Punishement Rune ... there's just too many things unanswered in suikoden 4 ....
kelvin loves suikoden
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

That's true but perhaps, and I mean perhaps Konami left so many things unanswered for the upcoming Suikoden V, which may be set after the events of Suikoden V. The thing I disliked about the ending is I'm like, "Where's Hero?" and then I see him in a boat (even though he's alive) and I was thinking, why didn't anybody show any/much remorse?
Arenegeth

Post by Arenegeth »

The Japanese culture in general has "meaning with out showing" (I'm sure someone could put it with better words) logic, that is always evident in anime and games, however not so much in Suikoden.

Konami will probably explain what happened in IV they want to avoid any potential bomb threats.
”I am ye who walks his own path and thus I walk alone”
~Arenegeth~
LGM

Post by LGM »

Maybe Konami is planning to use Hero IV in V as the playable character again. And he just floats off to find another adventure....
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
theflamechampion

Post by theflamechampion »

The Hero is still alive. I am very sure of this. I you may ask why, its because he can still be played in Suikoden Tactics if you load a game with 108 characters, Suikoden Tactics takes place in the Island Nations and takes place a fea years after their war with the Kooluk Empire and you get to use him there. Heck, they even talk about the war before and LIno en Kuldes is there too. :P