Alma Kinan

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Anamanaguchi

Alma Kinan

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I am playing through Suikoden III again.. and I realize since there are no men in that village, and the women of Alma Kinan have not left the village for years.. How are there even little kids in that village? Did they do rituals and ask the spirits form them? I was and still am confused, I thought they could have even been a village of lesbians. I don't know.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

At the moment, nobody knows. A lot of things have been hypothesied, but nothing's been officiated by Konami.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I hear the manga has a lot more to it.. maybe it will be cleared up in that?
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

Maybe they kidnapped men to... reproduce?
If the offspring is men, then it will be passed away, which means only female children are accepted. :roll:
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
jonathan_priest

Er...

Post by jonathan_priest »

Somehow I don't think they'd kidnap men...I mean, Rody was in the village, as was Nash and Fred and neither had any attempts to be kidnapped for procreation.

IMO, I think it deals more with rituals and ceremonies. Perhaps they do rituals to offer the spirit of a deceased Alma Kinen and then that spirit is reincarnated into a child or perhaps a pregnancy. They do have children in the village...so they must come from somewhere. But imagine how knowledable that person would be if they were reincarnated with their old memories. Well...probably not too knowledgable since they hardly ever leave the village.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Or they can all be female orphans. That doesn't explain how all of them have black hair and nay single one of them have non-black hair.
sarady

Post by sarady »

Or they could be pod people that spring from the trees surrounding their mysterious village...

But really, the Alma Kinan clan sort of reminded me of mythical Avalon in its purely female population and spiritual purpose. Konami didn't take the time to give us the complete story surrounding Alma Kinan's reproductive situation. However, this doesn't mean that the village is just filled to the brim with lesbians who have enchanted pregnancies, etc. They most likely--unless a stork delivers the kids--have children the old fashioned way. (Not to say there are no lesbian relationships at all, because every culture contains such relationships.)

It's shown that travelers can enter AK if their intentions are honorable or if the shamans there allow them to enter. (I can't remember if the intentions actually factor in it all. That might be a detail from another story.) So it's not unbelievable that some of the women there have their own children. The idea of sending male children out to other settlements is viable. Such fostering/adoptions existed all the time in many cultures throughout the world. My guess is that they would send the males to Chisha and outlying villages within the Grasslands. Also, the AK's couldhave sent males to the Safir clan before its destruction by Harmonia. But that's just my competely unfounded theory.
An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup. — H. L. Mencken
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Maybe not all of them are Female...
eh...
eh...

Just kidding
Morty

Post by Morty »

Speaking of the gender issue in S3, I don't remember any FEMALES in the Lizard or Duck clan. :roll:
"Prepare to die hot iron!!"
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, we don't know how the females differ from the males, so we can't really say if there's any females or not.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arke

Post by Arke »

actually, i read a book in the 7th grade called "The Giver". In that book there was a job for women where all they did was have sex and give birth. Well maybe in Alma Kinan they have a few men hidden , whose job it is to have sex.

.......or maybe Estella wasn't lying about gordius village :lol:
-Beat Suikoden 1+3+4
-Can't find that damn Suikoden 2 anywhere ><
Blue Thunder

Post by Blue Thunder »

I read "The Giver" too, it's a good book.

This is probably one of those things that Konami will never explain. They want to keep plenty of things mysterious (AKA unexplained). I don't know why. It drives Suikoden fans nuts. We want to know, and this isn't anything that will ever get explained in later games since we'll likely never return to the Grasslands.
~Blue Thunder~
Ginzo

Post by Ginzo »

Arke wrote: .......or maybe Estella wasn't lying about gordius village :lol:

That's probably the only reasonable way for the Alma Kinan Clan to have children. Personally I'd rather go with that than to be expanding my original narrow mind and think of "non-straight" relationships as a way to have children.

Besides, it's much more better for Konami to have some mysteries for the Suikoden series. Further more, you can always find "interesting" topics like this one in the forum. 8)
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Wasn't there a line that men were invited to certain rituals? I can't remember.....
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

maybe there was a sacred fertile well or river that has the ability to make women pregnant n give birth after drinking it.Lesbians doesnt seems possible as just becoz they are les doesnt mean they can reproduce right.i got the idea from a tv show on the China classics "journey to the west".there was a kingdom during their journey that was called women kingdom who had only women and they were able to reproduce becoz of the fertile well.