Beast Rune Future?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It isn't a theory, it's a fact.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

It is? How do we know that?
And what are did it attach itself to, is that known?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Suikosource says that the Beast Rune's current location is unknown. So, it's official.

It's not known where it went, or whether it attached itself to something else. That was Reiken's assumption, as he clearly said.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

I think TWB was referring to the last sentence quoted (that the Rune relocated itself) as the excellent theory, not the fact that the whereabouts of the Rune is unknown...
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

but suikosource is not the official suikoden site, is it? wot if the beast rune just attached to pilika or jillia!?!?!?!? forget it, bad thought, not 2 mention scary!
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not to mention that it isn't.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

anokosa wrote:but suikosource is not the official suikoden site, is it? wot if the beast rune just attached to pilika or jillia!?!?!?!? forget it, bad thought, not 2 mention scary!
It isn't the official Suikoden site, but the goal of the site is to house factual knowledge pertaining to the series and discuss this knowledge on the forums in a rational manner.
I hope everything is going delicious.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

we dont know that. pilika or jillia havent been reshown yet, so we dont know that the beast rune didnt attach itself to one of them, as they were the closest people to jowy and l'renoulle. or to riou's army members. they were closest to it.
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

dont confuse all runes with the rune of punishment, that is the only know rune that will just attach itself to the closest person around. in theory the beast rune COULD be attached to jilia or pilika, but only if it deemed on of them a worth while host.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Quick question: What would be the purpose of the Beast Rune attaching itself to Pilika or Jillia, both who have fled to Harmonia? If you aren't aware, the Beast Rune refused to be housed in Harmonia and forced Hikusaak to give it to the Blights to take residence in L'Renouille. And if that isn't enough, why didn't it attach itself to Luca of all people and then choose to attach itself to one of those young girls who literally hated blooshed?

It needs sacrifices to be fully unleashed. Now, what good would attaching itself to people who are basically pacifist in nature? Also, the Beast Rune appears to have never chosen a human host. It appears that it is much more comfortable with latching on to inanimate objects over being used by mortals. It just doesn't seem rather likely that it would go to one of those two.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

It's probably either gone ot a new location we have as yet to see or to a location that we've been to in the past that it could try to corrupt to it's own means.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I just figured this out. Could it be possible for a true rune to attach itself to something (inanimate object or host) without actually showing any physical proof that it is there? Perhaps the Beast Rune has attached himself to a wolf (or a rock for that matter) without actually showing its symbol upon it.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I don't know if the Rune can hide it's symbol or not, in alot of cases Hugo, Joshua, and Riou the Rune that they had could be seen. Not to mention the huge mural you see on the floor in S2 of the Beast Rune. I don't think it's in this Rune's mo to hide. Has it ever done so before?
aydas_arrow

Post by aydas_arrow »

i didnt say the rune was attach to jillia or pilika, i was using them as an example to illistrate that the rune has a will of its own, and could attach itself to one of them if it wanted to, though in my opinion it isnt.
break that tree and i'll break your legs!

No one harms the forest and gets away with it!!