Leon Silverberg betraying Jowy

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Hero Kev

Post by Hero Kev »

Culgan is like an envoy........and envoys usually do not get hurt unless the ruler is an overbearing one........just like in 3 kingdoms.....its common knowledge that when two countries r at war envoys r by right not supposed to be killed. It is only right n honourable to do so.
Kwanda

Post by Kwanda »

Highland losed cuz luca get killed....so leon messed it all up
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Well Leon did know that his plan of assasinating Teresa and Riou at Jowston Hill had a 30% chance of working. Riou didn't know that he and Jowy helped to kill Luca. Anyway we learn later on that Jowy and Riou must fight (well that's what Jowy says) but Riou, still being a friend to Jowy, refuses and helps to heal Jowy from the pain the Black Sword Rune has caused to him. BTW my opinion about Shu and Leon is this: Leon must've been jealous of Shu since Mathius favoured him. He couldn't understand what made Shu important. When Shu attempts to trap Leon in a forest of fire, Shu tells him that sometimes the "Book" must be forgotten. Leon still thinks that soldiers are pawns and that the strategists are the gods. (What happens to Leon when he spills blood on the Beast Rune?)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

After the final battle Leon retreated to a "quiet village"--probably Kalekka.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Wow Leon must've had a hard time in the war. I asked that question because when he drops the blood, there's a scene that involves the Beast Rune being activated. He doesn't appear in it and neither during or after the battle. What a wonder!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He simply escapes after activating the Beast Rune.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

After the final battle Leon retreated to a "quiet village"--probably Kalekka.
This is probably a dumb question, but would the surviving (if their are surviving) citizens of Kalekka know that Leon was behind their village's ambush?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Probably.If they did they still wouldn't be able to get revenge.Leon has too many 'contacts'.He would summon Yuber if he was ever in danger.
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

:idea: :idea: :idea: If Suikoden 5 comes out, why doesn't the strory be about a guy who travels through time to make all the baddies win (eg Highland :arrow: Suikoden 2) and you have to stop him using the power of 108 stars of destiny spread out in time. It would be cool to have Mathiu, Shu and Leon workin together to beat a maniac like that. Tir and Riou are surely in the game. So is Jowy. You'll have Bright and adult Futch fighting alongside Humphrey in Suik2 :!: :!: :!: I like this idea so much I'll put it on a new forum.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

miggypig wrote:BTW my opinion about Shu and Leon is this: Leon must've been jealous of Shu since Mathius favoured him. He couldn't understand what made Shu important. When Shu attempts to trap Leon in a forest of fire, Shu tells him that sometimes the "Book" must be forgotten. Leon still thinks that soldiers are pawns and that the strategists are the gods. (What happens to Leon when he spills blood on the Beast Rune?)
Leon can't be jealous of Shu though ...
Mathiu is Leon's NEPHEW so it's like Leon is Mathiu's uncle
why would he jealous for someone whom his nephew like ... if Mathiu is his elder brother or friend or teacher i can get it ... but for nephew, especially for someone who is lots younger than him ... that's pretty weird
kelvin loves suikoden
miggypig

Post by miggypig »

Sorry folks one mistake I made. Well I've forgotten the words written on Emilia's books and Richmond's investigations. OK still Leon doesn't like Shu so much. End of story.
Exerci

Re:

Post by Exerci »

Irish Pesmerga wrote:
Silver Dragon Flik wrote:I always thought that Shu knew that Leon would never think that Shu would risk his life by burning the forest. Thus surprising Leon with a crushing blow.
yes, read the perfect quote in my signature. Since Leon is the greatest strategist ever, Shu had to think outside the box to outwit him, sure he risked his life in it, and i honestly thought he was screwed when it happened, as so did he. But in the end, it worked
The quote in your signature is a mistranslation though. Shu's plan was one that more or less risked the entire Dunan army to win. Apple had already shown herself incapable of leading the Dunan unification army to victory, and if they lost Shu, the war would be over.

Quote taken from http://www.suikox.com/legacies/leonfaq.php (Written by Sarsadmin)
"B.4.4 - Does Leon "Read the book" too much?
The quote by Shu, "I threw away the book because you read it too much," is a mistranslation from the Japanese version. In the Japanese version, Shu doesn't mention any book. He merely says, "there was no way I could have beaten you by military tactics alone, so I had to bet my life."

The change in the American version makes Leon sound like an inferior tactician, but in reality even Shu acknowledges that Leon is superior. The scene at the burning forest is in essence an acknowledgement by Shu that he cannot match Leon's skill. Yoshitaka Murayama, the creator of the Genso Suikoden series states that this very battle was "a tough admission of defeat" by Shu. This is not only because Shu failed to achieve his strategic goal of killing Leon, but he also had to admit that he was inferior to Leon by relying on luck instead of calculated military strategy."

It's true that you sometimes have to take chances in war, but Shu admits here that the only thing he could do was trust in luck. You don't need to be a strategist to make this plan. Shu had to abandon his knowledge and the fact that his life technically is as important as Riou's life. If you want an analogy of how that burning forest scene seemed to me, skillwise, i'd say: It's like two swordsmen facing each other down, one of them being clearly superior to the other one, and just as the superior swordsman is about to win, the other swordsman shrugs and throws a bomb on the floor, and is saved by superman who randomly appeared out of nowhere. The swordsman who was weaker got out of the battle in a better shape than the other, but isn't necessarily better. Shu is a good strategist, probably in my opinion the second or third best of all the Suikoden games (Mathiu is around equal to Shu < Leon), but he is not really good enough to compete with Leon...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re:

Post by KFCrispy »

RageRune wrote:This is probably a dumb question, but would the surviving (if their are surviving) citizens of Kalekka know that Leon was behind their village's ambush?
in Suikoden I, you see there is only 1 person remaining in Kalekka other than Leon (who was old and likely died soon after... i mean look at how many monsters there are!). any new villagers probably wouldn't care enough about what Leon did to Kalekka.