Flik and Victor escaping

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
The Black Knight

Flik and Victor escaping

Post by The Black Knight »

Has it ever been said how Flik and Victor escaped the castle at Gregminster at the end of Suikoden 1?
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Not to my recollection.

I do not remember any hints or anything about the way Flik and Viktor escaped from Gregminster Castle.

I know that some characters in Suikoden II (eg, Luc but I do not really remember) asked Viktor and/or Flik how he/they escaped, but they did not give a proper answer.

So my answer to your question - No; I don't think anything has been mentioned, sadly.
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

I remember almost crying at the end of Suikoden I cuz I'd thought for certain that they'd died. "Thanks for killing off my two favorite characters AND waiting till the very end of the game to do it, Konami!" It wasn't until I played Suikoden II a few years down the road did I learn the truth. I swear, I became the happiest little RPG player in the world when Riou washed on shore to be found by two characters I thought were dead.

My best guess as to how they survived: Viktor grabbed Flik and just did something brash like jump out a window.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Futagi wrote:I remember almost crying at the end of Suikoden I cuz I'd thought for certain that they'd died. "Thanks for killing off my two favorite characters AND waiting till the very end of the game to do it, Konami!" It wasn't until I played Suikoden II a few years down the road did I learn the truth. I swear, I became the happiest little RPG player in the world when Riou washed on shore to be found by two characters I thought were dead.

My best guess as to how they survived: Viktor grabbed Flik and just did something brash like jump out a window.
If that happened, Flik would have more reasons to really HATE Viktor.
Flik: You threw me out the window, you jerk!
Viktor: Well, if it wasn't for that, you'd be buried under Gregmister!
Flik: Yeah, but do I have to be your cushion?!

Heh.

Well, I think they basically charged their way out of the castle and once they were out, they decided to disappear.
It would make a great side piece to the Suiko series if they showed HOW Fliktor escaped.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

They have given me the impression that escaping all these going-blow-up castles are like their daily routine. They welcomes death in front of their face and plays around with it. They are just damn composed when these things happen.

Look at what happened when the Merc Fort got attacked ; instead of running, they throw the Fire Spears into the broiler and let it blow all up. After that, they took the liberty to run to the second floor and rescue Riou/Jowy/Pillika.

Hahaha, talk about men in action, I think they are. Wouldn't surprise me if they can survive the Gregminster incident.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

They have given me the impression that escaping all these going-blow-up castles are like their daily routine. They welcomes death in front of their face and plays around with it. They are just damn composed when these things happen.

Look at what happened when the Merc Fort got attacked ; instead of running, they throw the Fire Spears into the broiler and let it blow all up. After that, they took the liberty to run to the second floor and rescue Riou/Jowy/Pillika.

Hahaha, talk about men in action, I think they are. Wouldn't surprise me if they can survive the Gregminster incident.
I completely agree with this. they are brave and strong and i think they would find it an easy task to escape. I wish they would show us a video of their escape!!
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I think the Star Dragon Sword helped out very much.
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Then they stick it in a cave so it gets more grumpy at them. Leaves me to wonder why he didn't just hid it in the cave once all that Neclord business was once again over.
Hmm...
Silver Dragon Flik

xXSqualleoNXx wrote:Then they stick it in a cave so it gets more grumpy at them. Leaves me to wonder why he didn't just hid it in the cave once all that Neclord business was once again over.
Victor and the Star Dragon Sword never got along well, so maybe that's the reason? But i haven't played S1 and S2 since years. I'll start playing S1 and S2 soon again.

But I don't think a good answer will be ever found to this question.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

They never did get along. I read somewhere (maybe at suikosource) that the Zodiac/Star Dragon Sword stabbed Viktor a few times. Viktor stuck it there to get rid of it. He never thought he would need it again.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Silver Dragon Flik

Well I think they just rampaged through the castle, since Victor alone takes on a lot of soldiers.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Finally, someone who posted what probably happened in Gregminister. First of all, the castle didn't collapse; only the Hanging Gardens fell off and caused a big rumbling within the castle. I doubt something magical happened where they teleported away or jumped out of a window, they probably just fought their way out and went off to go see Annabelle about getting that Mercenary Fort in Eastern Muse.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Or they remained inside the castle until the garden fell, and went out through a back way so... no one could see them?

The Star Dragon Sword could have teleported them away. It did transport McDohl, Viktor and the rest of the party to the past before, so why not to another place? Maybe the Cave of the Wind was the place they got to, and after getting rid of the sword, they went to Muse and talked to Annabelle, blah blah blah. You know the rest.
[evil laugh here]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It clearly says in Flik's entry that he and Viktor stayed behind to keep the soldiers at bay so the others could get away. Teleporting away or just simply leaving wouldn't really be keeping soldiers at bay. Also, why would the Star Dragon Sword help someone it doesn't particularrly like by teleporting him to a place where the SDS could be dumped without anyone knowing? The SDS does have the ability to transport people through time but the specifics aren't known. Can he/she teleport people to other times besides that one moment in the Village of the Hidden Rune? Can he/she teleport itself, and not just other people? Can he/she even teleport to different locations besides the Village of the Hidden Rune? Since nothing is known besides the fact that the SDS can transport a group of people (not including his/herself) to the Village of the Hidden Rune during the very moment it was being destroyed by Windy and it's shown any other magical transportation powers before or after then we can't say very much, if even anything at all, about the SDS' powers.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

1: It was just an idea.

2: If SDS could transport itslef and/or others to other places, how could it have known that Viktor was going to dump it?
[evil laugh here]