Flik and Victor escaping

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

KoyuRedd wrote: 2: If SDS could transport itslef and/or others to other places, how could it have known that Viktor was going to dump it?
What would being able to teleport have to do with the Zodiac Sword knowing if Viktor was going to abandon it?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I think he misunderstood what I was trying to say. The SDS was only approached by Viktor on the grounds that Viktor needed it to slay a vampire. Once the vampire was thought to be gone the SDS probably knew that it would be dumped somewhere, likely in a cave or some other place nobody would go looking for a True Rune in the form of a sword. If the SDS were to teleport Viktor and company to the Cave of the Wind, it would only make it easier for Viktor to dump it there.

And yes, I know it was an idea. But it was an idea that was based upon nothing, so I proceeded to disprove it. It's the same with theories. Theories can be disproven too, especially with the constant mistranslations and misunderstandings of what's at Suikosource and Suikox.

Sorry if I'm sounding rude here, but the SDS has no reason to use whatever powers it has to help Viktor. It only stayed around to "kill" Neclord. It's obvious that Viktor and the SDS don't get along, but once they find a common enemy they can work together in harmony, somewhat.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

:shock: :oops:

OK. Understood. All comments accepted.
It's been so long since I last played SI and II that I nearly forgot all meanings behind the characters and games. I thought its "mind" worked like a human's, so it could only assume without being sure of what would have happened.

That clarified a lot of doubts in me. :)
[evil laugh here]
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

Actually, I wonder how the heck Viktor kept the sword for as long as he did. Maybe he found more vampires to destroy. Actually, that was it. Poor Edge got fooled into taking it.
Hmm...
jonathan_priest

I think...

Post by jonathan_priest »

What always made little sense to me was, Tir, Flik, Victor and the other three are on top of the castle facing Barbarosa after they defeat him. Then, four of the five great generals confront him as well. As we know, all Hell breaks loose and Tir, Flik and Victor and the others hot foot it out of there, leaving the generals. Now, Flik and Victor both stay behind, but the generals make it out. How could the generals have escaped and not passed Flik or Victor?
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Fudgepuppy

Re: I think...

Post by Fudgepuppy »

hnn i think you have a point about that maybe because they're one of the five what generals they could know a secret passage or something??
I think Flik and Viktor Escaped as fast as they can you know Flik is called flik of the blue lightning :roll: that means he's fast as lighnting right?
if i recall i remember flik being called the blue lightning because he saved Odessa(the liberation army leader/his sweetheart/his sword's name custom on warrior village to name your sword by the name of the most important person in your life)using the lightning rune...It make sense that
Flik could get out!But Viktor...?Geez he's as fat as a bear in sui1 and sui2 they called him bear how could a fatso like him get out in time and have two girlfriends(note:both of them die first Mary and then Anabelle)
How do we ressurect Odessa?If you ask me better if Gremio dies..
Moonbay

Re: I think...

Post by Moonbay »

jonathan_priest wrote:What always made little sense to me was, Tir, Flik, Victor and the other three are on top of the castle facing Barbarosa after they defeat him. Then, four of the five great generals confront him as well. As we know, all Hell breaks loose and Tir, Flik and Victor and the others hot foot it out of there, leaving the generals. Now, Flik and Victor both stay behind, but the generals make it out. How could the generals have escaped and not passed Flik or Victor?
They didn't pass them. They helped them out. 7 people against the soldiers are better odds than 2. Especially when one is wounded.

I think Viktor and Flik just wanted to go away--so they went one way, and the generals went another.

Remember--Viktor "forgot" to let people know he was alive. How do you forget something like that?
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

That's why Viktor dumped the SDS because he's sick of its whining...
Maybe because Viktor's impatient. I think that he believes he can slash enemies(except Neclord, without the SDS, of course), perhaps, using any kind of sword he might get.

You may say Edge is fooled, but he took care of the SDS, who else would take care of it for Viktor, if Viktor himself is sick with it anyway?
I think Edge believes that through the SDS he can be recognized as a great swordsman, and maybe he's patient enough to follow anything it says, because as I said earlier, he believes that through it he can hone his skills so he can be someday a great swordsman. How? The SDS is searching for its enemies every now and then, and Edge, its current holder, will search them for the SDS...

This topic about the SDS is a very nice one IMO(what does it mean?)
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

ninjaluc79 wrote:This topic about the SDS is a very nice one IMO(what does it mean?)
If you're meaning IMO, that is short for In My Opinion.
Pendergast

Post by Pendergast »

Viktor and Flik were both capable warriors--more than a match for the Imperial Guards. I think the simplist explanation is definetely the most accurate in this case.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

Yes. The simplest explanation is probably the best (In my opinion). I figure that Flik & Viktor both fought the Imperial soldiers for as long as they could, and before things got out of hand (Collapsing garden and all that), they made a run for it and escaped the building. Once they escaped, they knew that peace would be restored to the region, so they decided to go live and fight in Dunan, and the rest... is history...
"Ni!"
Sickpup

Post by Sickpup »

I think if you bring Flik and Viktor to recruit Hix and Tengaar in Suikoden 2, they say some things about escaping the palace and going to Dunan. I vaguly remember something about them almost dying.
"Master Flik, you are immature. But that immaturity, that honesty was something I coveted.

And I'm sure that is why Lady Odessa loved you..."
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Victor and Flik are one of the best duo. When i saw them in suikoden 2 my eyes were wide open, i was so happy they were alive!!!
Moonbay

Post by Moonbay »

Sickpup wrote:I think if you bring Flik and Viktor to recruit Hix and Tengaar in Suikoden 2, they say some things about escaping the palace and going to Dunan. I vaguly remember something about them almost dying.
I think the part you're referring to is in the fort when they are talking about going to Gregminster. Viktor says he's crossed the area three times, and Flik responds: "Nearly killing me in the process."
Playing Suikoden III......
reyjusuf

Post by reyjusuf »

how did the 4 generals escape? they were behind the party.