Bright shield Rune

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
riou83

Bright shield Rune

Post by riou83 »

I was curious due to the fact that the rune of beginning in its seperate aspects are not true runes until they become connected. Where would the different halves be classified. Would they be equivalent to regular runes or would they actually create their own tier that is between the True Runes and regular runes?
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

Well I wouldn't say there on the level of regualar runes. They do have runbes that where born from them. So I guess you could say there inbetween. Kinda.
Id

Post by Id »

Where is it said that they aren't true runes when divided? In the game?
How come Windy is immortal with her one half of the Gate Rune then?
Where is all this stupid info coming from,.
Blackhand jr

Post by Blackhand jr »

The Bright Sheild Rune and Black Sword Rune are two parts of a true rune. Combined they have the true Rune of Begging. That's it's nature how it works.

The Gate rune was once a whole rune that was split in two. It didn't cuase two new runes rather two parts of one rune.

In a way the two parts of the rune of beggening are true runes, just not quite, they don't grant agelessness for one thing.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Could you give a few examples of true runes that are split into two?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The only ones I am aware of are the Gate Rune (Front=Windy, Back=Leknaat) and the Rune of Beginning (Riou=Bright Shield, Jowy=Black Sword)
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Technically the Rune of Beginning isn't an example of a True Rune split into two parts because it's natural state is to be two separate runes. The Gate Rune would truly be the only real example of a True Rune that has been physically split into two parts. The Gate Rune is not naturally supposed to be in two parts, but the Rune of Beginning is naturally supposed to be the Bright Shield and the Black Sword runes. Hope this helps.
Id

Post by Id »

But they said that the Gate rune was split into front and back. That sounds like it was lamost ment to be split. So why are windy and leknaat immortal.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Nah, the Gate Rune wasn't meant to be split. Leknaat and Windy used some sort of spell that the Gate Rune Clan knew to split the Gate Rune in two. SARSadmin best explained why the Gate Rune grants immortality and why the two parts of the Rune of Beginning do not.

I'll use his coffee analogy. It takes hot water and coffee beans to make coffee. The Bright Shield Rune can be considered as the hot water and the Black Sword Rune can be considered the coffee beans. When the hot water and coffee beans are cobined they make coffee, in essence the Rune of Beginning. The coffee beans and the hot water only don't make the coffee, but when you combine the two, then and only then do you get the coffee. Hence, the Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune are just components of the Rune of Beginning and do not give agelessness.

On the other hand, take the Gate Rune as a fresh pot of coffee. Now, take that pot of coffee and pour it into two coffee mugs. Now, you just have just have two cups of coffee, hence the front and back parts of the Gate Rune. Even if you split coffee in half you still have the same coffee. Therefore, when Windy and Leknaat split the Gate Rune in half they just inherited half of the same True Rune and therefore they were able to maintain the power of agelessness.

I hope this clears things up, and be sure to credit SARSadmin with this analogy boys and girls. lol
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Confusing and semantic, but official never the less.

I think the Gate Rune halves are interesting as they each half has only an aspect of the power. Much like the Rune of Beggining peices do, but the Gate Rune is supposed to be like that. It would seem logical to me if a True Rune was split in half, that each half would share the exact same power just weaker than the sum. However the Front Gate Rune brings forth things only and the Back Gate Rune sends things back to the World of Darkness. At least that's what I gathered from the end of Suikoden I with Leknaat.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

SARSadmin said "Front" and "Back" were just nicknames, not official titles for the halves of the Gate Runes. So, they've got the same powers, it seems.

Since Leknaat taught Luc how to summon monsters, it's pretty easy to conclude that Windy has the power to both send back and summon as well.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Rune of Beginning exists in a natural state of 2 parts, the Bright Shield and the Black Sword, and each of these parts do not grands immortality as it is not the whole rune.

Rune of the Gate exists as a singular True rune in its natural state, thus bearing the power of immortality. It was divided and the bearers of each seperated runes has the immortality granted because it is a singular True Rune in its natural state.

So the theory Konami is trying to make us understand is that, True Runes in a natural singular state grants immortality and other basic effects of a True Rune. True Runes which exists as 2 or more parts in its natural states do not grants immortality.(Special cases)
This is just what we can sum up, maybe there are other True Runes that exists in more than 2 parts but grants immortality. The Rune of the Beginning could just be a special exception.
riou83

Bright shield

Post by riou83 »

In regards to Leknaat and Windy I believe they are both capable of bringing monsters/and people and sending them back, I believe Leknaat had used the Back Gate rune to bring Gremio back if you had succeded.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, Leknaat used the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny to intervene with the Soul Eater's power to restore Gremio. The Gate Rune has the power to summon monsters to the world and return them, so it couldn't have been used to restore Gremio's life and soul. And, I believe that Leknaat and Windy can both summon and return monsters.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

demon eye wrote:Actually, Leknaat used the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny to intervene with the Soul Eater's power to restore Gremio. The Gate Rune has the power to summon monsters to the world and return them, so it couldn't have been used to restore Gremio's life and soul. And, I believe that Leknaat and Windy can both summon and return monsters.
I agree. Leknaat combined the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny with her Gate Rune to revive Gremio. I do not think the power of the Gate Rune alone is enough to resurrect a dead person. Otherwise, Leknaat would be known as Leknaat the Reviver, not the Seer.