How much of Suiko3 did the creator work on?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
KQswst104

How much of Suiko3 did the creator work on?

Post by KQswst104 »

How much did Murayama write before leaving? Do we know which characters he didn't create?
Genso

Post by Genso »

It's not 100% certain since his leaving Konami is such a secretive matter, but I think I recall reading at a Japanese fan site that up to end of Chapter 3 is all Murayama. They may have changed parts of it, but Chapter 4 and beyond was all done without him if that source is accurate.

Both Murayama and Konami has been keeping the whole matter a secret, so we may never know exactly.
Kcirtap1990

Post by Kcirtap1990 »

The thing is you don't create a game in parts, more of in steps. He was most likely there for the entire character design section and story design. So I would say that there weren't any characters he didn't know about.
Genso

Post by Genso »

He looks like early or mid thirties in his photos... but I don't know his exact age.

The general consensus (with no official backing from Konami or Murayama) seems to be that Murayama was the one who left. The whole incident is so secretive that it's really one of greatest mysteries of the Suikoden series.

The only info that fans can refer to is a weblog entry (in Japanese) by a Squaresoft employee who referred to Murayama as an "ex-Konami employee". That was when they went out to eat dinner or something. Unfortunately that is the only document that even refers to Murayama as an ex-employee. (Sorry, lost the link to the weblog) Another entry that fans analyze is an entry where the same Squaresoft employee describes Murayama as being depressed when he meets him at some magazine publicity event during the creation of Suikoden III. At that time Murayama was definitely still a Konami employee.

Murayama did mention in the past about hoping to work on some game where there would be guns, similar to how guns are emphasized in the Howling Voice Guild. So, I PERSONALLY would assume that he quit because of reasons other than the fact that he wanted to move on to another profession or retired. (not a fact though)
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

This is all just my opinion, but I personally think Suikoden Three SIGNIFICANTLY picked up in chapter four, which is definite proof (for me at least) that an AMAZING Suikoden can still be made without Murayama. The only downsides I personally saw with Suikoden Three was the transition to three dimensions and the Buddy System, but I don't think the legendary battle system was done by Murayama, nor do I think the graphics were done by Murayama. Keep in mind, this all my own personal opinion.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

i loved suikoden 3's story but the parternered fighting,trinity system and reapeting of character genres killed it
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
Lord Tsubaki

Post by Lord Tsubaki »

Jowy/Pyro: This topic isn't about your opinions of Suikoden III's plot. If you can't answer the questions, don't reply.
"heehee! a fish, a fish, I wish to catch a fish." - a kid from Kuskus