A more..modern Suikoden?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Is it possible to have a suikoden like 1000 years into the future? it would be cool to see some kid from a street gang, reform his ways because hes destined to gather 108 sod and bear a true rune in order to save the world

well even if the story sounds stupid, it would be cool to see a futuristic/xenosaga ish type of suikoden game
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Yes, the tenkai starts out in baggy jeans and a ragged t-shirt. You get random battles by mugging and drive-bys. You travel by car and get stuck in traffic. You trade weed to make money. You get arrested for taking over an apartment to use as your castle/base. And the Tablet of Stars is your cellphone. LOL!

No insult intended son_michael, just striking up some humor hehe.

P.S I'll leave it to your imagination of what Jeane would be in a modern suikoden.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:Yes, the tenkai starts out in baggy jeans and a ragged t-shirt. You get random battles by mugging and drive-bys. You travel by car and get stuck in traffic. You trade weed to make money. You get arrested for taking over an apartment to use as your castle/base. And the Tablet of Stars is your cellphone. LOL!
Of course the Tengou Star would be former Mayor of New York, Giuliani, and the Tenki Colin Powell.

This would make the loose coalition of rappers the opposition to the Tenkai. They'd complement their mad skillZ with their endless supply of Jongleur Runes.

Through Hardships and inability to pay your light-bill just so you could buy a new pair of Nike shoes and put spinning rims on your toaster since you can't afford a car the Rune of the Gangster shall make the mean streets into a suburban utopia.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol good stuff

id say jeane would be some sophisticated buisness woman and in her spare time she runs a a magic shop! in times square!

lol this would give her the modern sexy look and also keep her as a rune mistress
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

what about the dancers in suikoden 1 and 2
:lol:
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

If a modern Suikoden were to happen, it would form up to be another version of Grand Theft Auto. Which would be really cool, except for the fact that whenever you die, u go back to a hospital? (I had my guy falling off a 100-storey building and it still said 'wasted')

Honestly, i'm up for a modern Suikoden, with a mix of FF and GTA.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

if suikoden has ANY element of gta in it... I will kill......
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Isn't that basically what you said just a while ago?
son_michael wrote:Is it possible to have a suikoden like 1000 years into the future? it would be cool to see some kid from a street gang, reform his ways because hes destined to gather 108 sod and bear a true rune in order to save the world
Since this kid is from a street gang, I'm guessing he would do things similar to what's found in the GTA series.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

noooooo, I would never want anything of gta in suikoden, it would ruin the series

I was basically just trying to make up some plot for a modern world suikoden
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

A Suikoden game with GTA elements in it...as long as it wasn't a Genso, I guess that'd be fine, maybe it could be a gaiden of some sort. You never know, having a GTA Suikoden could make people want to play other Suikoden games, mainly the Gensos. But I'm not sure if having people like Suikoden as much as they like GTA and Final Fantasy is a good idea...
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

It'd be fun, having the character run around with a gun (I'm trying to make a GTA FFX-2 mix). But since we're gonna use rune powers, well, that's another story.

I was thinking you would get to 'jack' cars, kill police and rack wanted levels and maybe a personal change of clothing?
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

What I posted above was a joke. I'd grimmace at the fact of seeing a suikoden that was like GTA since that's not what Suikoden is about. People will buy anything these days though. I guess if I'd suggested Suikoden Kart then everyone would be discussing who would be the fastest racer, or Gul-Horse and Tsunouma rider, for that matter.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

According to me a more modern Suikoden would be more advanced in political issues. Already in the previous games the political views (republics, revolutions, social crises...) are quite important for an RPG of this kind. Maybe a Suikoden situated in modern times would have more social tensions and advanced political system ? It would be interresting, thought.
Well, in the end I should have dated Tir before the end of the war...
Darkillumina

Post by Darkillumina »

Never, never, never would I like to see a modern Suikoden. If the unthinkable happened and such an abomination was created Konami would have to do a few key things to invoke the Suikoden feel.

1. Goes without saying but Keep it in the Suikoverse just (insert hundreds of years here) into the future. They could even keep some nations intact. Konami could look to Chrono Trigger for a guide on how to advance places a couple of hunderd of years, while giving them the same feel.

2. The protagonist should be a high school or college student who stumbles upon one of the fabled True Runes. (This is keeping with RPG 101 but still.)

3. Runic power should still be key in the game with perhaps the nations military controlling their power. The True Runes are considered mere legends as they appear to have vanished from the pages of History and hence why it could be interesting falling into the hands of a mere student.

4. Use returning characters from one of the older games. For example Lazlo is alive and well and attends your school under a different name, and is very secretive. (Again slightly rpg 101) As the game progresses you could go into detail how his years of agelessness have affected him ect.

5. Perhaps instill some technology such as cars and such but only to get around.

6. I cant emphasize #6 enough.............. NO GTA influence.

7. Instead of the blacksmith to upgrade weapons they could use something like a workshop where you recruit a technician and you bring him the neccessary tools as well as items to upgrade your weapon.

By the force if such a thing was to be implemented lets hope Konami sticks to some of the basic tenents of Suikoden.

Edit: Forgive any errors in grammar it's late.

Edit #2: The people in FFXI and on my linkshell call me Di so you people cna use that if its simpler to type.
Last edited by Darkillumina on Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beware my power, because my might may not be on the side of right.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Darkillumina wrote:Never, never, never would I like to see a modern Suikoden. If the unthinkable happened and such an abomination was created Konami would have to do a few key things to invoke the Suikoden feel.

1. Goes without saying but Keep it in the Suikoverse just (insert hundreds of years here) into the future. They could even keep some nations intact. Konami could look to Chrono Trigger for a guide on how to advance places a couple of hunderd of years, while giving them the same feel.

2. The protagonist should be a high school or college student who stumbles upon one of the fabled True Runes. (This is keeping with RPG 101 but still.)

3. Runic power should still be key in the game with perhaps the nations military controlling their power. The True Runes are considered mere legends as they appear to have vanished from the pages of History and hence why it could be interesting falling into the hands of a mere student.

4. Use returning characters from one of the older games. For example Lazlo is alive and well and attends your school under a different name, and is very secretive. (Again slightly rpg 101) As the game progresses you could go into detail how his years of agelessness have affected him ect.

5. Perhaps instill some technology such as cars and such but only to get around.

6. I cant emphasize #6 enough.............. NO GTA influence.

7. Instead of the blacksmith to upgrade weapons they could use something like a workshop where you recruit a technician and you bring him the neccessary tools as well as items to upgrade your weapon.

By the force if such a thing was to be implemented lets hope Konami sticks to some of the basic tenents of Suikoden.

Edit: Forgive any errors in grammar it's late.

very nice ideas buddy{dont feel like typing your name-_-}

some things could stay the same, such as viki just magically apearing before you, or finding jeane somewhere, maybe they could replace magic? in other words, the only runes in the game would be the true runes or old runes that have been preserved, so you cant buy runes and such, they could make the runes very special and make quests to find them{if you so desire} you would use armor and electronical weapons and a mechanical type of magic, such as freeze beam and electric shock

not sure how leknaat and 108 sod could fit into this, but if you add those elements to the game plus leknaat, some true rune bearers, viki and jeane, the Sindar, a headquarters, 108 sod and a great story, I think we have a winner here

great suggestions my friend, you got my creative juices flowin