Goddess

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Tal

Goddess

Post by Tal »

In Suikoden 3, the Zexans seem to praise a goddess. Who is this goddess? I thought there were no gods or godesses in the Suiko World
Akira

Post by Akira »

It would depend on the region in the games to who worships or believes in what. Like the grasslanders belive in the spirits and so forth. I'm not really sure what the godesses name is.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

I believe one was Saint Loa and there was another goddess that the people of Iksay honored for good crops for the harvest festival I believe it began with an S... I just can't seem to remember it.

EDIT: Alright, I just looked through my notes. The Goddess is Sadie. In the town of Iksay on the Zexen-Grassland border, the celebration of the Harvest Festival takes place. During this festival they celebrate an abundant harvest and show an expression of gratitude to the Goddess Sadie.

And while we're on this topic: In the original Suikoden there are at least a dozen phrases such as "Thank god," "Good god," and then in the Kobold Village the Imperials say "There is no more God in these times" or something along those lines. Another thing to note is the church that is at the uppermost part of Tinto City. Although we do not know what is worshiped at that church or what God the people of Toran or mentioning.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

Much like our own world, it does appear that you have a variety of belief systems regarding gods and the afterlife. It simply varies from nation to nation and amongst different clans and species.