Luc is Leknaats Servant??

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Rai-Jin

Luc is Leknaats Servant??

Post by Rai-Jin »

Why the heck does it say that he is Leknaats SERVANT in Suikoden III

I thought he was her Student?
bla
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

He was a servant/student.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

Oh..Didn't know Leknaat makes people theyre slave :D (j/K)

Was Sarah a "Student" also when she joined her and Luc??
bla
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nothing has been said officially, but Sarah has lived with Luc and Leknaat for about 14 years, so likely Leknaat taught her a few tricks, especially things related to summoning.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

I see.

I remember Luc saying that he learned how to summon also and learned it from his "mentor" or something like that..so why does he need Sarah if he can summon, teleport etc.

I also remember that he summoned a few monsters on the battlefield and said some speech before that.

So why did Hugo and Aila try to stop Sarah in that 1 Battle? I mean Luc could just summon them.

I also always thought you could only summn those Monster with the Gate Rune
bla
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Extremely powerful mages seem to know how to summon monsters without any aid of runes. Even Yuber can summon monsters. Luc probably needed Sarah because Sarah probably had a greater natural talent for magic, or because summoning such a huge number of monsters would have made it harder for Luc to concentrate on other things. Sarah also knew some magical tricks Luc didn't know, mainly dealing with illusions.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

Oh ok so he probably needed some Source (wich was Sarah).

I find it pretty interesting how somone in the Suikoden world can use magic without even having a Rune (I doubt she has some "Illlusion Rune" ^^)
bla
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Well, runes are things that make using magic "easy" for people with relatively little training in magic. True mages can learn how to do things by other means.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

There doesn't seem to be many true 'mages' in the Suikoden games. Hell, even Crowley needed the aid of hundreds of runes. :/
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

Sarah is the best example thus far. no rune for it, yet she can create illusions and summon monsters. the summoning has only been achieved by other bearers of true runes, and very adept magicians at that. yet she needs no true rune to do so, and on a massive scale no less
Arcana

Post by Arcana »

Remember, Sarah has a rune - she has a Flowing Rune that was engrained into her forehead.

However, there are rumours that she was also a Sindaarian descendant, which may suggest that she does have magical abilities inherently.
-- Arcana

http://suikoden.mine.nu
Suikoden: Pro Patria Mori
- Suikoden Fiction Writing Game.
A land in turmoil... a Rune rediscovered.
Who will be the next Tenkai Star... could it be you?