Summoning Yuber

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Teni Star

Summoning Yuber

Post by Teni Star »

How Leon and Albert summoned Yuber?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nobody knows. However, Leon somehow learned this method after he saw Yuber during the Gate Rune Wars. He wrote a book about this, and Albert read ithat book to get Yuber on his side.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

This 'book', was it only accesible to the Silverburg family? Aside from Ceasar I guess...

Because if not, that'd be some book to get your hands on. That is, if you're into bring nothing but chaos into the world.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Ritrais

Post by Ritrais »

Maybe I missed something but where do you get the idea that Yuber was someone/thing that can be summoned up or do you mean contacted? Have they revealed what exactly Yuber is yet or something I've played all the games but I could have missed something.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

This is written in official publications, specifically, the Suikoden 3 108 characters guide.
Ritrais

Post by Ritrais »

I don't suppose the excerpt about it could be found online anywhere?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I doubt it would be, because it's written in a Japanese book that sells for cash (It would be illegal to duplicate its content online). The entry under Yuber's character profile has a section that details how Luc and Yuber came into contact. It explains that Albert learned about Yuber from reading a book that Leon has written. The book also detailed the methods required to summon Yuber, and Albert used it to benefit his cause.
Ritrais

Post by Ritrais »

ok thanks for the info anyway. So is Yuber a demon or something?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

No one knows if Yuber is a "demon" or not. Yuber claims to not be human and by many of Yuber's actions we can associate Yuber to being non-human. But, we can't clearly say whether or not Yuber is a demon. Just take for example Hitler, people called him a monster and a demon for the atrocities he committed, but this doesn't make him a real demon or monster. So, when people call Yuber a demon or monster we can't take it literally just yet. I hope this helps.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

I doubt L'Renouille is Human :D

Perhaps the Sindar Leader (IF its another Race and not just some tribe who are humans that have special skills)
bla
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, the Beast Rune was placed in the altar room at L'Renouille which is an inanimate object. Also, the Night Rune exist on the Star Dragon Sword which is also an inanimate object. The Sovereign Rune was on Barbarossa's King Dragon Sword, as well. So, yes, True Runes do exist on non-human things.
Luko

Post by Luko »

The book for "Summoning him" could just be a fancy way of getting in touch with him like how a king might say "Summon the closest blacksmith" to an extent the boom could say "If you go to mount fujicowhata and use this horn of extreme...hornieness, yuber will here it from his peaceful valley of flowers and come dancing up the hill tralalalalalalaaaaa"

>.> you get my point.
You call that an army? Where's your castle?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I doubt it's just a simple method. Yuber doesn't seem like something that would just be called upon by normal means. If that was the case then anyone would be able to summon Yuber. But, that is not the case. Only the most knowledgeable people we have seen in the series have been able to summon Yuber, so I would think the process is rather extensive or at least calls for rare and not widely known activities.
BeastRune

Post by BeastRune »

This is probably just conjecture, but maybe calling Yuber requires a sacrifice of lives like you would naturally have in a bloody war. The Beast Rune required that kind of sacrifice and Leon is the kind of guy who would kill thousands to stop millions from dying. (Albert too for that matter) Also, maybe Yuber IS the eight-fold rune (is that what it's called, I forgot) and his physical manifestation is summoned to bear the rune into battle. This would explains Pesmerga's appearance as well. If Pesmerga is drawn to Yuber and must one day battle him to the death, maybe he is the other half of the True Rune just as the Bright Shield Rune has two halves.