About the end of suiko II....

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
syun_ukiya

Post by syun_ukiya »

kuroinekokun wrote:I doubt it. Riou doesn't seem to want to be involved in the war. He got caught in the middle of it and ended up LEADING the army. Most of the decisions are made up by Shu or the mayors around him. He's a glorified mascot. Though I have no qualms against Riou, I find that his role is just that... :?
no he's not just like a mascot. he has, should i say charisma.. or something. its like when you look into his eyes you'll say: 'i want to aid you'. xD there is something special about this leaders not found in strategists. and i think it was clearly stated in the two games. they need a leader to unite people.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

who would win out of a 1v1 between roiu or tir?

personally i'd think roiu but i hate his weapon but his 2 pieces of wood did beat luca blight who personally i thought is the strongest character to ever appear in the suikoden games bet yuber was scared of him when he worked for him.

or tir and jowy since hthey use the same weapon
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Yuber wrote:who would win out of a 1v1 between roiu or tir?

personally i'd think roiu but i hate his weapon but his 2 pieces of wood did beat luca blight who personally i thought is the strongest character to ever appear in the suikoden games bet yuber was scared of him when he worked for him.

or tir and jowy since hthey use the same weapon
Luca at full strenght would've decimated Riou. Luca fought 18 people and was assaulted by several hails of arrows before fighting Riou 1 on 1.

Yuber was actually enlisted by Leon Silverburg, not Luca, so I'm fairly certain orders were relayed to Yuber via Leon rather than straight from Luca.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

yea you right but in the war camp luca mentions something to leon about yuber looking strong yuber is actually stood there you just cant see him, yea and luca would of owned roiu at full strength just roiu gets lucky with his 2 pieces of wood
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

Hero4's weapon is also named Destiny Fang, but it's swords.
If you can beat the beast rune with those 2 pieces of wood, then it's a good weapon.

It's not like you're trying to beat a boss with a pitchfork or anything.
Strategy is the key to victory!
Black Knight Yuber

About the end of suiko II....

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

It's not all about just 2 pieces of wood it's also the supporting cast you have with you that makes the 2 pieces of wood good. If Riou's weapons are truly that good take on the Beast Rune alone with nobody, no gameshark cheats either.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Suikoden heroes or the tenkai's are translated as the 'oppurtunate rain' which means that they emerge just when they are needed badly. Just as rain they come and they go. They are not there to lead a nation but to fulfill the destiny they were bounded with.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

i still think techinally its the most usless weapon, luca would of choped through them pieces of wood, dunno which is techinally more usless hero 2's wood or hugos small dagger lol.
Black Knight Yuber

Getting hit with 2 pieces of wood is painful. Having armor on is a different story but being exposed hurts like hell. Hugo's dagger would technically be better. The tonfar's could easily be set on fire. The dagger can be more of a death weapon.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Well tonfars in general serve two purposes; Attack and defense. They're not the most destructive weapon, but in the hands of a well trained person(Riou... and even Hoi) they can be quite formidable.

That's one of the things that made me like Tir, Jowy, Riou, and Hugo(to an extent) was that they didn't use the trademark sword of a typical RPG hero. They used weapons besides swords and they were quite good using them. No one here can dispute that Tir wasn't a powerhouse in GS2 and a force to be reckoned with in GS1 with his moderately high attack
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Of course, this is another problem with GSIV. Dual swords has got to be most cliche weapon you could possibly give a hero, and they used it. The heroes of Rhapsodia and Suikoden Five have exotic weapons (double-bladed twisted thingy and the three-piece rod), so at least they didn't use another cliche this time around. Actually, although both of those weapons aren't exactly original, at least they put some thought into it instead of just slapping some swords on 'em.

Nash used dual swords, but look at how much depth they have. Grosser Fluss is hardly comparable to Hero IV's dual blades.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Black Knight Yuber

Sharpen the tonfars give them an element and they're useful. Tir & Riou yeah they had different weapons then swords. Jowy did then he went to using a sword then back to his original weapon in the end.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Black Knight Yuber wrote:Sharpen the tonfars give them an element and they're useful. Tir & Riou yeah they had different weapons then swords. Jowy did then he went to using a sword then back to his original weapon in the end.
I think the only reason Jowy had a sword at that one point was due to his status as King of Highland.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

am not saying there weak in the game just in general, your right most rgps main heros do just stick with swords, i think all ff games use swords apart from the ones that use job classes.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Zidane (among others), didn't use a standard sword as his primary weapon. Either he was using a double-bladed thingy or two daggers.