About the end of suiko II....

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

kuroinekokun wrote:Those two won't make good leaders.
How would you know? As far as I'm concerned, they were the leaders of the army, and they led the army to victory.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

Yeah, they did. But they did everything everyone else ask them to do and don't make any decisions until their strategists prompt them to. They got 'stuck' in the middle of the war and end up 'leading' an army. In the end, they don't want to do anything with the war after that. If they were really concerned about the country, they would stay.
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
Viper

Post by Viper »

i agree that they won't make great leaders as in politically. they just have the x factor in them as the tenkai star to unite people together. they just need to be the figure head where everyone wants to unite together. he's basically their morale support i guess. besides having a true rune does help a little haha.
kenobi

Post by kenobi »

oh yeah..that true rune really help alot..best still if you have connection with the former bearer...

btw..does riou and nanami call genkaku their father or grandfather?
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

It's grandfather I think.
Butters

Post by Butters »

I can see Riou sticking around and leading Dunan..but Tir not so much he has the soul eater he wouldent be able to get close to anyone with out getting hurt in the long run..wandering around and living away from people suits him..

plus..Dont you need to be able to talk to lead a country anyway? O.o
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Butters wrote:I can see Riou sticking around and leading Dunan..but Tir not so much he has the soul eater he wouldent be able to get close to anyone with out getting hurt in the long run..wandering around and living away from people suits him..

No, Riou won't do that. He has gone travelling with Jowy and Nanami. As for Tir, he has Gremio with him.
The Black Knight

Post by The Black Knight »

The do talk. When you are going to reqruit someone sometimes there is a black screen that comes up and thats when they talk. It only seems like they dont talk but they do.
What the Futch!!!!

Vagueness is my specialty.
Butters

Post by Butters »

Agremsep wrote:
Butters wrote:I can see Riou sticking around and leading Dunan..but Tir not so much he has the soul eater he wouldent be able to get close to anyone with out getting hurt in the long run..wandering around and living away from people suits him..

No, Riou won't do that. He has gone travelling with Jowy and Nanami. As for Tir, he has Gremio with him.

I should probily clarify...I know Riou doesnt stay to rule dunan..but i could see him doing that more so then Tir, Im not saying he does or he will. I forgot about good Ol'Gremio but we know how he is he'd go to hell and back for Tir. =s
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

kuroinekokun wrote:Yeah, they did. But they did everything everyone else ask them to do and don't make any decisions until their strategists prompt them to. They got 'stuck' in the middle of the war and end up 'leading' an army. In the end, they don't want to do anything with the war after that. If they were really concerned about the country, they would stay.
But that didn't explain why it'd make them bad leaders. You only explained how they didn't want to have anything to do with the country after the war. The point about them doing what others asked them to is mostly because it's a game, and you (playing the main characters) cannot do whatever you want. Hence, the other characters giving "things to do".

And a good leader isn't always the smart one. It's quite a fact that both characters are loved and respected by the people. While they aren't the smartest people in their countries, they are by no means bad leaders. They have competent people surrounding them, and they got the support of the people. That's enough to make them good leaders.
Butters wrote:plus..Dont you need to be able to talk to lead a country anyway? O.o
Gameplay and storyline are totally different. Please do not confuse between the two. It's quite a fact that both characters are not mute, so they can definitely talk.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Agremsep

Post by Agremsep »

Puh-lease. Whether they talk too much or talk too little, smart or not smart, it does not dictates whether they are worthy leaders or not. In fact, you can find the answer by playing the game itself.

Look at both Tir and Riou. They united 108 Stars of Destiny, they have mecenaries, bandits, knights, ex-generals, villagers, aristocrats, dragon knights, travellers, wingers, kobolds, elves, dwarves, ninjas, vampires, etc, etc following them. All of them are united under these 2 heroes.

So, after seeing all these facts, you are telling me they are not good leaders?

One of the most important aspects in leadership is charisma. Social skills, looks, and others are secondary. I think Killey has explained those. I am just reinforcing his facts.
jonathan_priest

Well...

Post by jonathan_priest »

IMO, I think its somewhat wrong to compare Tir with the others. Albeit, they are all pawns, however Tir was the only one made leader for reasons other than he possessed a True rune. Riou was made the leader because of his Bright Shield (and yeah...I know the whole argument that its not a true rune) and he is the son/grandson of the expelled hero Genkaku. Boy, Shu sure knows how to use his symbols. In SIII, the people put their faith in whoever held the True Fire Rune, not that I was thrilled using a rune that could take out my own party either, but people put their faith in those who hold the true runes. When Tir was made leader, the fact that he had the Soul Eater wasn't even mentioned...and I wonder how many people knew of it. The fact was, he was the very symbol of opposing the corrupt leadership. Who better than the son of one of the Great Generals leading the revolution. It shows that even those of important heritage feel displeased with the government.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Chin Chou

Spoilers!

Post by Chin Chou »

Kinda off-topic here but Tir and Riou do talk.
Tir: After defeating the Beast Rune he says "Don't be fool". Note that someone else can say the same thing due the random selection.
Riou: In the flashback in Toto the choices you made towards Jowy("I'm here Jowy!") will be said.
This shows that they do speak and aren't mute.
Just pointing that out.
^_^
The Deldragon

Post by The Deldragon »

It's not how much or how little you talk that determines what sort of leader you are, just the fact that you CAN lead a bunch of people, and bring peace or victory
"I will unite the Dragon Clans" - Lord Deldragon -
Add Me - arun_252@hotmail.com
Viki

Post by Viki »

Besides this is a game if Shu didn't tell u where to attack where would you attack? How would you know what to do?

Besides it was Riou that wanted to fight along side Flik in the first place.
And the game has to continue, if u weren't caught up in the war there wouldn't be interest in the game.
O.k, o.k, o.k don't sneeeze, don't sneeze, no, no NOOOOOOOOO!! Aaa AAACCHHHHHOOOO!!!!!
UUUhhhhh where am I this time?