Suikoden 3 Character Ages.

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
sarady

Suikoden 3 Character Ages.

Post by sarady »

I know there used to be a thread on the forums (maybe before they were changed over a few months ago) on the official character ages for all the S3 SoD. I did a search through the board and could not find it. Does anyone have the list, or could someone repost it? Thanks.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Forgive me if I'm too lazy to extrapolate it myself, but you should be able to figure it out from here. Hope this helps somewhat!
Last edited by Harukaze on Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Suikoden timeline has the official ages for most of the SoDs.

Suikoden Timeline

Whoopsee, Harukaze posted as I was posting. Feel free to delete this post.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

Here is a site with all their ages ^_^. Although it's in Japanese and the names spelled in english can be a bit off from the english ones, but the ages should be all correct. Although I seem to find them a year off from the timeline in Suikosource, then again it could be a before or after the war sorta thing, don't remember.

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~daijinn/gog ... ekiban.htm
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Nice going Celcis. We've been looking for that site since someone posted it a long time ago. I've just been checking the timeline and subtracting the years of the games from the year they were born.

It should be noted that the people in the Suikoden world count the first year you were born as 1 year old. So on their first birthday, they'd already be two. Just subtract the ages in that site by one and you get their age equivalent of our world.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

Isn't that the way the Japanese themselves count age?
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

Actually I think I like them better as the ages listed on the site because if you take away a year, some people just seem too young. So I like it better the way it was done. Also because that is the age in which the creators wanted them to be, not changed a year because Americans count their ages differently. But whatever floats your boat I guess works.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

I think that in the manga, Chris was 22 at the time.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

It should be noted that Characters from Suikoden 4 are now added to that list, so beware of minor spoilers.
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Celsis wrote:Here is a site with all their ages ^_^. Although it's in Japanese and the names spelled in english can be a bit off from the english ones, but the ages should be all correct. Although I seem to find them a year off from the timeline in Suikosource, then again it could be a before or after the war sorta thing, don't remember.

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~daijinn/gog ... ekiban.htm
Just looking at the names and reminiscing... and found at least two errors. Not that I can read Japanese or anything, and I wish that I could, however I'm positive I was taught my numbers pretty well. Estella was certainly not 29; if I can recall correctly, one of Kidd's investigations reveals Estella to be 50, that 50 years prior she was born from a rock as she told him personally. I laughed, but you never know with wizards.

Speaking of: Crowley is reported to be 113 and Mazus 87. Do they have connections to True Runes or is their longevity attributed to their magic? Passing one's 60s is quite a feat in any world.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Not too sure about Crowley and Mazus. They were also born after their deaths, so who knows (more than likely reincarnation). Crowley is trying to attain power equivalent to that of a True Rune without actually having a True Rune, so maybe in that quest he found the non-True Rune secret to agelessness. Maybe he gave this information to Mazus or Mazus stole the information from him. Or maybe Mazus found his own way to attain agelessness, who knows.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Estella is actually 29 years old. She tells lies quite often, and the 50 year bit is probably one of her many lies as well.

Crowley and Mazus most likely end up older due to their magic. Not in a sense that there's a magic spell to make them able to live longer, but more like their magic skill made them able to live longer.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.