relation of normal runes to true runes

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
koriand'r

relation of normal runes to true runes

Post by koriand'r »

A question on normal runes, apprently most of the runes are lesser forms (or children in a way) to the true runes, with darkness and ressurection rune possibly being related to the souleater for example (as the souleater has power over two things) but what about other and at times 'odd' runes such as the 'window rune' in S1. Is that actually a descendent or lesser form of a true rune or possibl man made (Hopefully man made). Can normal runes be man made?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I would suggest that it is possible that there are man-made runes. lol. That's all that can be really said on the subject. I mean, we can't really suggest the reason for a Phero Rune or Skunk Rune except for the fact that it was thrown in there for gameplay purposes. Let's just say that technology could allow for the invention of runes being made to serve a specific need.
LGM

Post by LGM »

You can just imagine the battle scene:

Luc: 'Aha! I have the true rune of the Wind! And I will blow your pathetic body away to the four corners of the earth!'

Window: 'Aha as well! I too have a Rune! Using my Window rune I will double glaze against your wind attack, plus I will lose 25% less heat than from conventional single glazed houses!'

Sort of destroys the theory that all runes are descended from heaven, dunnit?
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Well, all runes don't come from Heaven. To be a stickler, only the 27 True Runes come from Heaven and the lesser runes are just descendants of them. The skill runes are believed to just be talents of a particular individual. I believe they're only called runes for gameplay purposes. There is no rule that suggest that man can't produce runes out of similar materials the runes are composed of in order to make artificial/man-made runes.
Harukaze

Post by Harukaze »

It is entirely possible that the Falcon and other martial type Runes could only be called such for gameplay purposes just as easily as it could be that they are truly actual Runes. That has actually been a discussion here a couple times, both recently and a couple years ago.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Actually, I believe that it is fact that the Falcon Rune is in fact not a rune and only symbolizes a skill that Anita and Valeria could use, similar to the Shrike and Hate Rune. I believe that it is certain that they are only called runes for gameplay purposes. I think that it is even discussed that they were considered to be badges of a sort.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Or it's a rune customised specifically for those who studied those fighting styles. It's an improvisation of existing runes, so to speak.

Maybe.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I think that it has been mentioned before that there are man-made runes. I think that skill runes like Falcon, Swallow, Fire Dragon, etc are those that are man-made runes because not everyone can bear them.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.