riou and jowy

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

The Night Sword Rune just stood there in the cave of the wind acusing Viktor of "leaving" it there. This is starting to tie in with another post I was just posting on and for a moment I still thought I was on that one. Does that mean that the Sovreign rune and Front Gate Rune would also move of their free will if Barbadossa and Windy were dead?

Sorry about that Ged, but I don't always remember which post is which as I post about 3-4 at a time. I usually just scan the comments I've put on just before as well as the ppl after my post. (man we've been through about 10 topics here, I'm startin to mix up what board I put what post on).

I don't see what their friendship has to do with Jowy's side-quest whilst Riou is on doing his own thing but it is beyond doubt that both runes would be yearning to fight each other and as a result try to strengthen their respective owner in power as well as rank and also gather up a mighty fighting force. The runes CAN outweigh the friendship as you see Jowy pull out his sword several times in the game, and also you're given the option of fighting and kicking his ass at the end of the game so yes they can have that power over their friendship.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's two reasons I can think of as to why the Star Dragon Sword decided to stay where it was in S2.

First of all, it's pretty damn hard to move around as a sword without getting some unwanted attention. Also, he's floating and he can talk. The only way I see him moving around is in a warrior's hands.

Secondly, True Runes only move to further their goals, for lack of a better word. The Beast Rune probably has some level of foresight, and saw that Luca would come around and would try to awaken the Beast Rune's terrible power. The Star Dragon Sword doesn't state any goals of his, but he probably feels that it is his duty to keep the creatures of the night in line, which is why he joins Viktor in S1 and S2.

Also, I think that the Star Dragon Sword has to remain with its' master until his master gives him away, as seen in S3.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well would the star dragon sword itself care about what other people thought of it? Its not like anything can really kick its ass.

As for the beast rune, can it really sense that far into the future??? I mean Luca was born generations after it moved. The star dragon sword could always be out on a vampire hunt.
Also, I think that the Star Dragon Sword has to remain with its' master until his master gives him away, as seen in S3.
Didn't Viktor kinda give him away (or throw him away) when he left him in that cave???
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's what I was getting at.

After Neclord was 'killed' in S1 and S2, he still stayed with Viktor for no particular reason.

My first reason was to show how pointless it would be for a True Rune to be moving around. Not really anything a True Rune can do, except reign over whatever element it controls.

As for the Beast Rune's foresight, why couldn't it? True Runes all have definably seperate powers, but some level of foresight seems to be with all of them. (TWR, Leknaat's half of the Gate Rune, TFR, you get the point.) Note: I said foresight, not being able to read the future.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Fair enough. That entire post seems reasonable and we seem to be agreeing for the most part. What about half runes though? Wouldn't they have a tendency to unite with the other half?
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Well if they can move on their own, and make decisions to move, then they most certianly can think for themselves. As for people stopping runes from uniting.....if that was the case, the Beast Rune would still be in Harmonia.

As for sealing all the runes, I doubt they'd ever do it for two reasons: firstly, the runes wouldn't accept, and secondly no power monger would want to seal away such power. Most would seek to use its power for their advantages, be it war or just politics (which kinda is war).