riou and jowy

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
DejimusPrime

riou and jowy

Post by DejimusPrime »

im sure it was mentioned somewere in suiko3 and i just forgot, i was wondering what happened to riou and jowy after suiko2 ended, wow i can barely remember the ending to THAT game.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

After Suikoden 2 ended, Riou, Jowy, and Nanami left Dunan to travel the world. At one point they visited Harmonia (and briefly took a peek at Jillia and Pilika's house), but later on they left and is last seen in a forest between Harmonia and Grassland.
DejimusPrime

Post by DejimusPrime »

was there ever any mention about wether or not thety returned to dunan, who ruled in there place.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

They are never mentioned after they are last seen in that forest. As far as we know, they have totally disappeared from history.

Teresa Wisemail has been the President of the Dunan Republic since the end of the Dunan Unification War.
DejimusPrime

Post by DejimusPrime »

very interesting, thanks
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Wonder what happened to Shield and Sword. Any word if they sealed them like Han and Genkaku before them???
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There hasn't been a single update on Riou and Jowy, or their runes, since the end of Suikoden II.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Bugger. Btw, would any of you be interested in playin Suikoden II remake from Jowy's perspective??????

Seed, Culgan, Leon, Lucia, Han, Yuber, Sasarai, Luca, Pilika, Jillia, Kage........seems like he has his 108 stars too. Of course with side missions in Harmonia and stuff we haven't seen fully. Maybe even an alternate ending.

Someone once told me that only 108 stars gather at any one time even though it seems that both Jowy and Riou are equally liked by Leknaat in all her references. I know his empire falls, but up until that point, anyone notice he was LVL99 when he fought Gorudo with Riou? They could fit the bulk of the story in there.

Fights with Rowd for rank, missions in Harmonia, taking over of Muse, Greenhill and Matilda.

Anyone???
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

There can only be one set of 108 SoDs at one time. So there can be no other 108 SoDs set other than the one in Jowston's side at that time. Hence, Jowy didn't have his own 108 SoDs set.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

would any of you be interested in playin Suikoden II remake from Jowy's perspective??????
Definatly ,it would never happen though because, as red killey says, there cant be two sets of SoD's at any one time, i dont think suikoden would be the same without the 108 SoD's.

but yeah i would definatly play it
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Red Killey wrote:There can only be one set of 108 SoDs at one time. So there can be no other 108 SoDs set other than the one in Jowston's side at that time. Hence, Jowy didn't have his own 108 SoDs set.

Therefore he can't be his own Tenkai star. Hmmm...so if Riou is Tenkai, then definitely it meant that he was worthy being one, so somethin' tells me jowy's got a darker "gray".(I really can't express what I think...damn)

Ahh..ok. So jowston's side had the set of 108, meaning, they were the ones responsible for all of mankind's fate at that time. So what is Jowy's real purpose? It can't be only for the RoB, it would be kinda unfair, seeing that if it was true, then it wouldn't be balanced.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

No, Jowy could be a Tenkai star. It doesn't mean there has to be 107 other stars and a Stone Tablet for Jowy to be a Tenkai star. But then we don't know what star he is, but he has an equal chance to be any star on the tablet.

I'm not saying there ever will be a Suikoden II from Jowy's POV. But if there was, it would, like most other side stories that will never happen (Higheast Rebellion, Succession War, Hero's War, 1st Fire Bringers...) would be in the form of a Gaiden.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Felsx Lightfellow

Post by Felsx Lightfellow »

I think its interesting to see dunan unification war in a different angle. because i think the reason jowy cant leave the highland is not a reason enough, but that's probably because we didn't see it on the other side. They should make it continual, like suikoden 3, in which we can feel sympathy to each side, even the antagonist.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Where is this info of 108 stars at one time coming from anyways???

What I meant anywyas was that Riou doesn't OFFICIALLY start gathering the stars until after the fall of Muse, events in Coronet, KusKus, South Window, North Window visit, SDS event in cave of the wind, Abomination fight in Neclord's castle, Highland taking over South Window, and finally recruiting Shu and fighting off Solon Jhee. It is only then that Riou gets his tablet of the stars as well as Luc.

Suikoden II takes about 20-40 hours gametime but in that world 6 months actually pass. Suikoden I takes about the same time but the course of events is spread over 2 or 3 years.

Wouldn't it be possible for Jowy's story to happen within a month or two, whilst Riou is still about to get the tablet of the stars? A month can easily have enough material for 40 hours gameplay, especially with the power Highland had at that point and time.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

If it were possible to play Jowy's POV, your HQ's lame. L'renouille looks sucky. Plus, others would only want this so they can have pwnage with yuber.

And I think the tablet of stars isn't a pre-requisite in order to activate your SoD's. Riou had his early collection since the going back to Kyaro in the beginning.