riou and jowy

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

There can only be one set of 108 stars at a given time because naturally there is only one tenkai star in outer space, only one tengou star in outer space, only one tenki star in outer space... etc etc. What star a person is born under is predestined, and can not be changed--you are basically born to that star. This is a background that is consistent with Shui Hu Zhuan as well as the Suikoden series.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

If it were possible to play Jowy's POV, your HQ's lame. L'renouille looks sucky. Plus, others would only want this so they can have pwnage with yuber.
It was sucky because the dungeon was crap, but thats all of L'Renouille we got to see. The city itself is MASSIVE and the castle was bigger than what we got to experiance. As for Yuber.....play 3. Luca, Seed and Solon Jhee are my reasons for wanting to go with that side.
There can only be one set of 108 stars at a given time because naturally there is only one tenkai star in outer space, only one tengou star in outer space, only one tenki star in outer space... etc etc. What star a person is born under is predestined, and can not be changed--you are basically born to that star. This is a background that is consistent with Shui Hu Zhuan as well as the Suikoden series.
Yea I understand that but there must be either some kind of reset system or more than one person can be born on the specific star day, since both Tir and Riou are the Tenkai stars. I'm saying that Jowy could have been one in that short amount of time that from Riou leaving Muse til he gets the tablet. As for Occam's argument, it seems kinda plausable but then I realised.....what if he got those specific members by chance. I mean he probably had more characters with him that weren't stars so they weren't shown. Take a percentage of city-state to join your army (Viktor's Mercs) chances are some are gonna be stars. What was it tha Leknaat said to Riou when she gave him the tablet of the stars......anyone remember?
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Vash_HS

Post by Vash_HS »

What I don't understand is after playing S3 is why Jowy wasn't a SOD in S2. Luc and his crew were but Jowy was not. I don't see the difference between their accomplisments.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

All that can be said is that the stars work in mystrious ways. Either that or Konami was too lazy to think up some real villains.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Hahah, I'd say its a lil bit of column A and a lil bit of column B.
So what it comes down to is that it IS possible for Jowy to have his 108 stars and Konami could in reality make a Suikoden II-2 even if it was (as Fliktor said I believe) in form of a Gaiden.

Any counter arguments???? Anything I missed here?

Either way would be interested to see if they'd use 2D or 3D format for it too.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Nah, it's impossble for Jowy to have the 108 stars. The stars gather together to bring justice to the world, and when the 108 stars gather, it would happen.

Even if he does have a star, he won't be able to collect 107 other stars. Needless to say, he can't be the tenkai star, as ther can only be one tenkai star during a given struggle. Nor did Jowy have his own tablet of promise, and nor did Leknaat visit him.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Yes exactlly. Like I said in my other post, maybe his "struggle" to bring justice to the world involved taking down Rowd and fighting on frontiers against Harmonian thieves or something to prove his loyalty to Luca.

As for Leknaat not visiting him and him not having a star we don't know that, as we have NO IDEA what he was up to from the part when he killed Anabelle to the part where Luc joins Riou's party.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

We know that he doesn't have a star because Konami hasn't given him a star. If you want to give him a star, go ahead but it would be in the realm of fan fiction.

It is impossible for Laknaat to have visited Jowy as well because Leknaat's modus opreandi is to ensure Harmonia never realizes its ambition of collecting all true runes (which would throw balance down the drain). Highland is Harmonia's vassal state, so Leknaat would not support anyone who is trying to strive for a stronger Highland.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

I can't give him a star.......but good point bout Leknaat there. I'm not sure however that Jowy would be that interested in mass aliances with Harmonia if he ever managed to take over Dunan. On a side note......why would Harmonia give the True Beast Rune to Highland if they were COLLECTING true runes???
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

It wasn't their choice; the Beast Rune moved to L'renouille on its own.

Whenever a True Rune is determined to do something, there's really nothing you can do to stop it.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yep, Harmonia merely claimed that they gave the Beast Rune to Highland, but it actually moved by its own will. They simply covered that up by claiming otherwise, and used that lie to somehow "indebt" Highland.

This is why Hikusaak had to find a better way to control and harness True Runes--and that's probably why he started creating clones.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

So the runes just get up and walk to a different location or wha?

And what do you mean about runes conpelment to fight each other? Which runes are you referring to? The only ones that want to fight each other are the sword and the shield. Beast Rune only wanted to wreak havoc on the world.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes, all unattached true runes are able to move according to their free will. The Night Rune (Star Dragon Sword) is a good example.