Gods walk the earth? Spoiler, i think..

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
WIND

Gods walk the earth? Spoiler, i think..

Post by WIND »

Well i'm not so sure where this belongs(insert sweat drop here)...It's about trues runes, from what i gather the are basically considered gods, correct?...and if this is true, does this make the true rune holders gods, or just vessles for the gods?...if so, how does this work with a character like Luc or sasarai for that matter, because he was born with the true wind rune in him, shouldn't he then be considered somewhat a god?...whew, there's my question[/spoiler]
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

wasted him pretty easy to be a god...but seriously the true runes are just incarnations of god not the god himself/herself/itself/whtaever the hell it is
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
WIND

Post by WIND »

Pyro wrote:wasted him pretty easy to be a god...but seriously the true runes are just incarnations of god not the god himself/herself/itself/whtaever the hell it is
heh heh, yeah. dude did go down pretty easy.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

jesus i know im all like what the crap the whole game!!!cept when he looked like chris and geddoes team took them on she kept healing
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Gods???? I don't think it has anything to do with gods. The most godly person there is probably Leknaat but even she is only a human or humanoid at least. The runes themselves are materials with a possible soul but they are more like leeches as they need a live host to be used with the apparent exceptions of the Night Rune and the Beast Rune that still however need to be carried and unleashed respectively. Something tells me gods wouldn't act that way.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Depends on the difinition of "god."

However, True Runes are things that represent forces that shape the Suikoden world. "Represent" is the keyword here. It is the closest thing to a "deity" in the suikoden world.

For example, the Souleater is a Rune that "represents" Life and Death (although it is often written as "Rune of Life and Death" for convenience's sake).
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Ya think? Well I guess you're kinda right, but I don't see them as somewhat of a diety and the Suiko world doesn't seem to exist because of them. They just seem to bring the magical element into it (elemental magic, dragons, zombies, vampires, teleportation, a heavy dosage of steroids packed in a rune). I don't think they would worship runes, they'd just regard them highly, like we do diamonds except runes would be more sacred since they literally posses power.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

That's basically what I mean, a very vague reverence.

Most of the citizens in the Suikoden world do not seem to know about True Runes. They are largely arcane.

Because this game was made in Japan, the religious element is very vague and undefined, much like religion in Japan.
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

Dayamn Sars, you seem to really know your stuff. You wouldn't happen to be from Japan by any chance?
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

its common knowledge SARS is the number 1 Suikoguru around.

i see how true rune holders could be seen as gods, or supernatural humans if you prefer. their immortal life ( or is that only with certain runes?) and awesome rune power makes them different from other mortals.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Black Fang wrote:Dayamn Sars, you seem to really know your stuff. You wouldn't happen to be from Japan by any chance?

He IS japanese, as he said months ago.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

he may have not been here when he said he was from japan.and luc wasnt technacly born was he???he was made like sasari for the sole purpose of holding a true rune
Black Fang

Post by Black Fang »

He IS japanese, as he said months ago.
Yea, well some of us weren't here months ago, but tanx for the confirmation.
i see how true rune holders could be seen as gods, or supernatural humans if you prefer. their immortal life ( or is that only with certain runes?) and awesome rune power makes them different from other mortals.
Gods or just really really powerful leaders and individuals?
luc wasnt technacly born was he???he was made like sasari for the sole purpose of holding a true rune
Well even clones are born, but as of still we're unsure of how Luc and Sasarai were born/made. Maybe it was a reincarnation like Mazus/Crowley so that a created/modified souls went through the birth process in two normally born twins. We can theorise but in reality we won't get anywhere unless someone has some official Konami info.
Tanx to Star of Destiny for making my av!!! 8^p
Flame Champion

Post by Flame Champion »

Play Valkyrie Profile for some insite on how Homonculi are created :)
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Homunculi and clones are completely different entities. Luc and Sasarai are clones of Hikusaak, not homunculi created by Hikusaak. If that were the case, they wouldn't look alike.