Gods walk the earth? Spoiler, i think..

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Homunculi - what be they? *Stares blankly*
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

A homunculus (homnunculi is plural) is an artificial lifeform created through alchemy. Not many people knew about this until the recent boom in alchemical knowledge thanks to anime such as "fullmetal alchemist" and games that have alchemy.

The famed alchemist Paracelsus is the only person who is said to have succeeded in creating a homunculus. It was apparently made by combining human sperm with various herbs and horse dung in a flask. After 40 days, a clear humanoid figure supposedly forms inside the flask. Human blood then needs to be added to that flask and sealed for 40 weeks. The result is a small humanoid who is created with various forms of knowledge. The word "homunculus" means "small human" in classical Latin.

A homunculus can not survive outside their flask, and once removed, they die.

A homunculus is also present in Göethe's Faust where it is created inside a retort. It is described as a formless being made of fiery light, and gives much knowledge to Faust. However, it ends up craving a corporeal body, and by the advice of Proteus, the Greek god of metamorphosis, submerges itself into the ocean and releases itself into the sea, becoming one with the sea goddes Galathea.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

Valkyrie Profile has a nice little story of homunculi. That Lezard Valeth sure was a crazy character.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

heh sars before i read the thing about the definition about a good i thought that too..it really does depend on what you consider as a god.
bla