Suikoden III manga - Luc's motives and Tablet of Stars

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Suikoden III manga - Luc's motives and Tablet of Stars

Post by KFCrispy »

start from here: http://mangafox.me/manga/suikoden_iii/v06/c002/18.html
I'm wondering if there was some translation issues in this section because what he is saying seems to be exactly the opposite of what Luc reveals when you face him in the game. The page I linked to seems consistent with the game: He says the world is heading towards complete order. However in the next page, he says he strives for a world in which ORDER rules - he even elaborates that only death brings order, death = nothingness, and he strives for a world of nothingness. What's up with that?

in the next scene with Luc, he actually finds the Tablet of Stars (he's always been the keeper of the tablet in previous games, so it makes sense) http://mangafox.me/manga/suikoden_iii/v06/c002/68.html
i'm not sure what he's thinking in this scene. wouldn't it be strange to see you and your comrades' names in that tablet alongside everyone who is against you??
Aerolithe Lion

Re: Suikoden III manga - Luc's motives and Tablet of Stars

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

What I never understood was Sasarai, Geddoe, and Jimba have runes that rival Luc's in power. But in the game he was so much more dominant than these guys, was it just mastery over his rune?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

There was something said about his rune being attached to him in a different way than the others. But I imagine that the biggest influence on his power would be having Leknaat as a mentor.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
Nishi

Post by Nishi »

KFCrispy wrote:start from here: http://mangafox.me/manga/suikoden_iii/v06/c002/18.html
I'm wondering if there was some translation issues in this section because what he is saying seems to be exactly the opposite of what Luc reveals when you face him in the game. The page I linked to seems consistent with the game: He says the world is heading towards complete order. However in the next page, he says he strives for a world in which ORDER rules - he even elaborates that only death brings order, death = nothingness, and he strives for a world of nothingness. What's up with that?
I've been wondering something similar... There's something that's even weirder and more contradictory. In that scene you linked, Luc says that there is too much order, chaos is needed, and he strives for a world of nothingness. But much later on in the manga, he says the complete opposite -- that he's trying to SAVE the world from the "nothingness" that the rune has showed him. Is the latter the same as in the game? I'm curious what others' take on this is, too.

Aerolithe Lion wrote:What I never understood was Sasarai, Geddoe, and Jimba have runes that rival Luc's in power. But in the game he was so much more dominant than these guys, was it just mastery over his rune?
Agree with EstrangledIX that it's most likely being mentored by Leknaat, and mastery over his rune. In SI and SII where Luc is playable, you already know he has extremely high magic capabilities, no matter what rune you put on him.