The Perfect Ending to the Series?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
DoReMi_Vampire

The Perfect Ending to the Series?

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

If the series were ever to end how would you want it to close the final curtain?

No need to go into too much detail. Just describe the very last image you see in your mind that the series ends on.

I personally see a barren wasteland, Luc's vision came true and a big war has devestated the world. But, in this emptiness there still exists one sole green plant/flower on the ground to symbolize that there always exists hope, no matter how small. (Kinda like in the opening to SII).

Another less serious suggestion would be a picture of Viki eating at the feast after the war. You know, since she usually always teleports away before she can eat anything in all the other games :D
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Vermillion.Haze

Re: The Perfect Ending to the Series?

Post by Vermillion.Haze »

Id like to see a situation where all the runes no longer exist. Every man is in control of his own fate. Perhaps we see a young couple visiting a fortune teller...and who gives a rather ambigious palm reading? Leknaat herself. No longer immortal or a slave to the balance. Just a regular fortune teller, telling people what they want to hear. Maybe we see Nash returning home to his wife. A very manic Sierra complaining about growing old and wrinkles while giving Nash a hard time. Tir, Riou, Jowy, Geddoe, Sasarai and all the immortals leading normal lives much like they did before but only now they are free.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You do realize that by removing the True Runes you kill all bearers that have lived beyond their natural life-span?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Indeed. It would be hilarious to see those bearers refusing to give up their runes in fear of aging.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I swear I've seen this topic before, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Anyway, apparently it's supposed to end in some sort of battle between Yuber and Pesmerga I think. But of course that was the original creator's idea and he's not on the project anymore.

I think a more fitting end would be a final battle between Harmonia and the Circle Rune and the Sindar and their Rune of Change (which will prominently feature Jeane).
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

That would be amazing to see the inevitable duel between Yuber and Pesmerga! Where did you hear that from?

Harmonia needs to be involved some how,it's got too much hype and mystery surrounding it at this point that by not using it,it's a waste. Maybe I'm being a little dramatic,but I want to see it! Also,an appearance and boss fight with Hikusaak.

I could really go on with this but ultimately I'd want the answers to a lot of lingering questions from the series...who are the sindar? what's up with Harmonia? and Who/Where is Hikusaak?! to name a few haha
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Lazlo wakes up and realizes that everything that happened in the Suikoden series was a dream. We also find out that Lazlo is really a homeless man living in Chicago.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

That's awesome... I guess that Tierkreis and the new one are where he stirred a bit and almost woke up but didn't completely, making the dream disjointed and weird then? If only Konami would've been up front about all this... :lol:
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
GeorgPrime

Post by GeorgPrime »

Hikusaak and Harmonia are defeated in a world war featuring the nations we've all helped create (Falena, Toran, Dunan, the Island Nations, and I guess Zexen/Grasslands even though we didn't really help create them). With Hikusaak defeated, the Sindar return, and we get all the answers to things like Jeane, Yuber, Pesmerga, and where Gaspar gets his infinite source of Bits.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I would like to see a game set in Harmonia where we find out the reason behind Hikusaak's quest for the True Runes. I don't think it's for a nefarious purpose. It would be set after S3, but not too far. All the known True Rune bearers should appear (but not necessarily be Stars of Destiny). I would like to see an explanation for Jeane. Viki doesn't really need one (except for maybe who and what Young Viki is), and we pretty much know all we need to about Yuber.
Last edited by wataru14 on Thu May 23, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

It ends with Pesmerga saying "I'm a cunt."
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

OK, I just thought of a more serious way to close the series.

The power of the 108 stars is waning. As the final Tenkai star, it is your destiny to unite the stars one last time in a huge war that spans almost the whole world. As its the final gathering, many essential characters will die storyline deaths. After defeating the last boss, you are given the ultimate decision of whether to banish the 27 true runes from the world, or allow them to exist without the 108 stars around.

If you choose to keep the runes, then we see a vision of the future where the world has basically turned to sh!t because the true runes have been misused and there were no Tenkai stars around the fix things and so cities lie in ruins, supernatural disasters have broken out everywhere, powerful monsters roam the earth and the few surviving humans live huddled in caves.

If you chose to rid the world of the 27 true runes, then all lesser runes become useless. Human civilization carries on and wars continue to be waged, but without any magic, mankind relies on science and technology, and basically live in an ordinary world like ours. All rune masters and sorcerers become redundant. Dragons and other magical beings that cannot survive without the true runes either depart from the world or go extinct and fade into myth and legend.

After the credits, we see a dialogue between Leknaat, Jeane and Viki who are going through a magical gateway to some other world. They ponder their actions throught all the events they've witnessed and been a part of. Leknaat looks at the world one last time through the gateway (she can't actually see but she can sense) and she gives a sad yet hopeful motherly expression, before closing the gateway and leaving forever.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

That would be beautiful.
Lcowboy1

Post by Lcowboy1 »

that would work sticky-runes but...

IMO if you banish the TR's from the world, as soon as Leknaat closed the gate the world would come to an end, it would be just like a useless hunk of rock floating in the void. since it took all 27 TR's to get the world going after sword became the sky and shield became the ground, and the 27 jewels on each, combined to make the TR's and set the world in motion.

in other words there would be no more civilization. if you remove the TR's everything stops
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Lcowboy1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pmif you remove the TR's everything stops

So how do the World of Emptiness, the World of Wings and Scales, the world of Tierkreis, the world from Tsumuji and the rest of the infinity survive without True Runes in them?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.