Neclord's summoned beasts

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Hxc Flavor

Neclord's summoned beasts

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Do we know how Neclord was able to summon the Abomintation and Rock Golem or where they came from in Suikoen II?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Neclord X

Re: Neclord's summoned beasts

Post by Neclord X »

Well, he is some short of necromancer so I supose he created them.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Yeah, I don't see anything strange about him being able to summon beasts.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I would assume Neclord's True Rune he possesses at the time of summoning is responsible, as it seems that all true runes have that ability, or at least several of them do, since several true rune bearers have done similar summonings.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Non true-rune bearers have summoned monsters as well, such as Sarah, Sonya Schulen (the zombie dragon), Leon and Albert Silverberg, etc. It doesn't seem like summoning is all that difficult to the point of requiring something as rare as a true rune.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

It appeared to me that sarah used a pale gate rune which is explicitly for summoning. I don't remember either of the silverbergs ever summoning anything, unless you're counting Yuber, which I'm not sure is the same thing, as it seems that in this context, they 'summoned' Yuber is to say they knew how to get in contact with him, rather than magically producing him. I had forgotten about the zombie dragon, but it's hard to know what the process involved in that was, since the "summoning" occurs prior to gameplay. It's unclear whether sonya personally summoned it, or had it summoned by someone else.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well it does say she summoned it to protect the place from bandits or something, so.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I don't remember either of the silverbergs ever summoning anythin
Albert summons a Nariqua to teleport him out of the Ceremonial Site.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Sarah may have used the blue gate rune, or maybe she didn't (the monsters she summoned seemed to be different from what you can summon via blue gate though, and she was able to summon armies) but either way she summoned monsters without the use of true runes. There are other examples as well, such as Warlock who summoned the big tree (among other things) from the world of emptiness, and Leknaat who Luc says "taught me how to summon monsters" meaning her method didn't rely on her true rune.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

Now that I think about it, Kahn does say "He's learned some tricks in that time" refering to the Doppleganger method and Neclord being alive for hundreds of years. I guess there are other sources of magic other than runes.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."