Harmonia's Cost

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Harmonia's Cost

Post by suiko2fan2 »

In suikoden 2, Klaus says that Harmonia's agreement to help Highland in the war was a "high price" even though the 2 countries were allies. So its obvious what Highland got, Sasarai and his troops, but what did Harmonia receive in this political exchange? anyone know?
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Hxc Flavor

Re: Harmonia's Cost

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I can't remember the exact dialogue (even though I'm playing the game right now) but it could mean that if Highland won the war, it would mean more power for Harmonia since the two countries are so closely related.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
tovath

Post by tovath »

profitable trade agreements maybe
Yes I am writing a fanfic. How did you guess?
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Knowing Harmonia, it's probably some territory, some resources, lots of money and "a debt they (highland)'ll have to pay when they least expect it".
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

i always thought that was a really deliberate trick by harmonia. yeah, there was probably money involved. they might have also passed on the technique on how to summon yuber.

but my modest theory is that harmonia saw the chance for itself in the war between the two lands. they passed along the beast rune, which luca was supposed to unleash to "cleanse" the lands. they knew luca was mad, and they predicted that the beast rune would bring chaos and destruction to both lands. all harmonia has to do now is to invade both countries and take their domains, and expand even further. but yeah, i didn't work out that well, since highland was destroyed.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Actually, Harmonia never really "gave" the best rune. It moved on it's own a while back. Harmonia just claimed it was gift so they wouldn't make fools of themselves by loosing a True Rune. Also, the rune had moved wy before the war had even started.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Indeed. Harmonia and Highland were extremely close, the founder of Highland, the first king Maroux Blight was a Harmonian noble. He was gifted land, the platinum spear and a title. In essences, Highland was Harmonia's child.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden