How do they control demons?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Nikisaur

Re: How do they control demons?

Post by Nikisaur »

The whole horse thing was mentioned in relation to how wealthy the enemy is so why wouldnt they be rich enough to employ "monster"? Also the "monsters" were referring to creatures you have to fight, including beasts such as yes flying squirrels and wolves (mukumuku and shiro). So can we just try and be a little less hostile when someone is giving there theories people?
Why would monsters be interested in money? I hardly see Abizoah rocking up to the item store in search of some Kobold Pie, or browsing the antiques in Gregminster...

I'd say Mukumuku and Shiro are explained cases, as they aren't being controlled, employed, or in any way forced to comply. Mukumuku follows Riou and Nanami, obviously knowing them from Kyaro Town. Shiro is a faithful companion of Kinnison, who he follows and fights with in the Dunan army. Whether or not he is onto it or not, he is fighting to protect the forests of Ryube (I think that was the reason kinnison gave, idk). Whichever other two 'monsters' you recruit, they follow Riou for their own reasons, although they would not have been able to do this without the listening crystals, whcih I think are for communication rather than controlling. The wolves in Muse were products of the Beast Rune, but I don't think they were controlled so much as 'let loose'.

So basically, the monsters on one side are 'explained'. If you have any ideas about how the enemy controls masses of monsters, do share.

(FYI: Bonaparte is adorable. That is all.)
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

One has to remember that the original question pertains to the Colossus monster being part of enemies you fight when you're invading L'Renouille (and at other times during the second game). I already put forward the reasoning of them being domesticated, though they could just as easily be like Shiro and understand that they need to defend their territory against invaders (i.e. the Dunan army).

Then again, we could also go back to the reasoning that this is simply a game. The Colossus family of monsters are the only ones that wear contemporary armor on their sprite. All that in an effort to add some diversity to enemy battles when you're up against Highland.
Formerly known as: Gothann
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

We don't really have to argue about which explanation fits the best for every situation, be it in a castle or a battlefield. Some monsters and animals are tamed and domesticated, some are summoned and controlled by magic and some creatures help humans of their free will. All the rest can pretty much be explained as monsters running in the wild.

And in the end, I think it's just a game-mechanic, every explanation works fine so demanding to get the specifics about the circumstances shown would just end up disrupting the story IMHO. Maybe if one of the games allowed you to find an Old Book Volume that tells about how it works it would be cool. :mrgreen:
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!