Last scene Luca Blight quote

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Hachifusa

Last scene Luca Blight quote

Post by Hachifusa »

Luca Blight quote: ( one of his last words)
A wooden amulet
What`s this doing here?
And what`s that light?......
Huh? Is this a cover?
It`s......fireflies?
There are fireflies inside?
What kind of joke......
Whoever it was, they`ll pay for this......
How stupid.........
It`s not even worth taking
Stupid......this whole world....

Can anyone explain to me what this mean? I`ve tried to figure this out but no conclusion. Hope for a deep answer.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Last scene Luca Blight quote

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

What..? It's exactly what he says.

He finds Pilika's wooden amulet and upon taking it he unleashes fireflies. He finds it a worthless item and says so.

The amulet was put there by Jowy and filled with fireflies so the Allied Army would be able to see him and take him down. Which is exactly what Shu does by telling the archers to shoot at the light.

Where are you getting the connection to his childhood from? He's not speaking in code.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

I must admit, I didnt know what it meant(but i havent played in forever and sure dont remember anything Shu says...haha)

However, now that you mention it, I remember that part now.
MAD 01-08-2004
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I somehow thought it might be a reference to the Firelfy Rune, but I guess that's a bit farfetched.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Just seem like the last words of a dying lunatic. It was pretty much the last thing he saw before he died. Shouldn't read too much into it.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

oh, haha, thought he ment something deep about it but hey, now I understand, I should have played the game again. Thank you for answering Raww Le Klueze.
Teck

Post by Teck »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:What..? It's exactly what he says.

He finds Pilika's wooden amulet and upon taking it he unleashes fireflies. He finds it a worthless item and says so.

The amulet was put there by Jowy and filled with fireflies so the Allied Army would be able to see him and take him down. Which is exactly what Shu does by telling the archers to shoot at the light.

Where are you getting the connection to his childhood from? He's not speaking in code.
He didn't mention anything about Blight's childhood, just a deeper meaning, and the meaning is, exactly as you put it.... I guess he got his answer in a way hoping for something deeper, lol.... But detail probably isn't the kind of "depth" Hachifusa was looking for was it? I'm inferring here that you were looking for a "deep plot connection" but unfortunately it's pretty simple.... I can't think of anything that could be concluded from the game about that scene that Raww didn't cover.... I always felt that the dialogue was only a way of driving home Luca Blight's personality since it was his death scene and all....
She walks in beauty like the night, of cloudless climes and starry skies.... - Lord George Gordon Noel Byron
Hachifusa

Post by Hachifusa »

Teck wrote: He didn't mention anything about Blight's childhood, just a deeper meaning, and the meaning is, exactly as you put it.... I guess he got his answer in a way hoping for something deeper, lol.... But detail probably isn't the kind of "depth" Hachifusa was looking for was it? I'm inferring here that you were looking for a "deep plot connection" but unfortunately it's pretty simple.... I can't think of anything that could be concluded from the game about that scene that Raww didn't cover.... I always felt that the dialogue was only a way of driving home Luca Blight's personality since it was his death scene and all....
correct man , I was "hoping" for a deeper meaning, that luca tried to tell us something . But hey, Got a full info for what it really ment through that scene.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Hachifusa wrote: correct man , I was "hoping" for a deeper meaning, that luca tried to tell us something . But hey, Got a full info for what it really ment through that scene.
Luca is just a mad dog trying to set the world to flames make the rivers red of blood.

finding something so out of place as a wooden amulet with fireflys would be amusing.