The immortality of Leknaat

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
carmelenigma

Re: The immortality of Leknaat

Post by carmelenigma »

Ok, I just replayed Suikoden 1 and in it Leknaat mentions that the Gate rune is actually two runes , a front and back. She spoke as if they were that way naturally and dont mention that they were forceably split at all. If the natural state of a true rune is 2 separate runes then it would sort of make sense that each older would be immortal... sort of.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

TrueWater00 wrote:This is just a theory, but ok here goes, They split the gate rune into two halves, so you would think it would only be half powerful, thus Not granting immortality since immortality is an effect that happens when someone bears a Whole true rune, BUT, wasnt there a period of time when sierra did not have the blue moon rune attached to her, yet she still had the benefits of the rune because of the length of time her and the rune where connected to each other, so, my theory is, even though sierra didnt actually HAVE the rune attached to her she still had the effects of the rune because of the time she had it on her, maybe just having half of a rune is good enough to grant the immortality bennefit. im just saying. cuz i mean leknaat is OBVIOUSLY imortal lol
Also, the fact that Sierra is a vampire means she doesn't die from old age. Normally, a person who has had a true rune for a long time (beyond their natural lifespan) will die soon after they lose their true rune as explained in Suikoden 3.

In regards to the "Front" and "Back" runes, the Gate rune was separated into these two runes, but it's still officially halves of true runes no matter how many different theories fans come up with, or how poorly the English version has been translated, etc.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

TrueWater00 wrote:This is just a theory, but ok here goes, They split the gate rune into two halves, so you would think it would only be half powerful, thus Not granting immortality since immortality is an effect that happens when someone bears a Whole true rune, BUT, wasnt there a period of time when sierra did not have the blue moon rune attached to her, yet she still had the benefits of the rune because of the length of time her and the rune where connected to each other, so, my theory is, even though sierra didnt actually HAVE the rune attached to her she still had the effects of the rune because of the time she had it on her, maybe just having half of a rune is good enough to grant the immortality bennefit. im just saying. cuz i mean leknaat is OBVIOUSLY imortal lol

Also, Sierra wasnt really able to use its powers exactly...only when she finally came within a glimpse of it, she could make it not use it powers.
MAD 01-08-2004
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

GATE RUNE

One of the 27 True Runes that has the power to open portals to other worlds and dimensions. The Rune can also be used to summon powerful beings and monsters from parallel dimensions and thus was protected by the Gate Rune Clan to avoid it from falling into the wrong hands.

However, in the year 70, the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia raided the Gate Rune Clan in an attempt to seize the Gate Rune. Clan members Windy and Leknaat took the Gate Rune and split it into two, taking each piece with them to escape from Harmonian forces. Since then, this Rune has been split (into the Front Gate Rune and Back Gate Rune), and remains that way at present. -----Gensopedia

RUNE OF BEGINNING
The Rune of Beginning is a True Rune that symbolises the creation of the World. This Rune is not known to have been borne by any single person, since, in normal circumstances, this Rune would be split into the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune. Because of that, this Rune remains shrouded in mystery.

It has been recorded, however, that this Rune has the ability to “judge war,” and decide the outcome of any conflict. Little is truly known about this Rune, but research continues for any new information regarding this very important, albeit unknown, Rune.

Just for reference...
MAD 01-08-2004
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

That was taken from S2 when she first appears to Riou in North Window castle...

Nowhere after that text does she mention anything about "Front" or "Back" of the rune.

I havent completely finished the game yet, but ill let you guys know if anything else comes up.

I dont remember her ever bringing it up again though.
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

And the point of that picture... is what?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Iku

Post by Iku »

to add credence to his point midear =)
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Unless the point was that Leknaat has no reason to go on an endless tirade about the nature of her rune or her past to people that don't care about it and couldn't help even if they wanted to it seems rather pointless.

There's no reason for her to give away her life's story everytime she mentions her rune. Much better to just go with "I have a True Rune. Back off."
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

She sure seemed determined in the first one to let you know.
Sure Windy was there blah blah blah...but come on...its leknaat...she always stated how she only had half of it all the time before.

I just thought it odd...because Suikoden is normally in depth about most things. Especially things that we already know.
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

All the time before. Which would be that one single game that had come out before Suikoden II. All the time. Cause she said it exactly once then in a plot that was actually related to it. And that's All the time before.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Yeah, but again I just thought it interesting...
She always go off on tangents about everything and I was just curious...

The other thing is Windy was presumed dead until S3...so Maybe that is why it was stated like that. This was written on the premonition that Windy was dead...
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

When does she ever go off on a tangent about anything?
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:When does she ever go off on a tangent about anything?

Not really a tangent, but she sure does like to go in depth about everything she talks about.
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So basically we're back where we started and you didn't really have a point to begin with then? Fantastic.

First you say she'll take any chance to talk about her Gate Rune, even though that happened exactly once before. When there was a point to do it to boot.

Then it's how she's always going off on a tangent, even though she has never really done that.

Now it's some sort of off-hand remark on how she's always going in-depth about everything, even though she is usually as vague as anyone could possibly be and still say something. Cause, if she really did bother to go in-depth about things, then this bloody topic wouldn't be here in the first place, now would it?
Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Pretty much...I just thought the pic was interesting...since in the first one she stated how it was split in 2 and this one she just states that she has the whole rune...
MAD 01-08-2004