The immortality of Leknaat

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: The immortality of Leknaat

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

She's glossing over a completely irrelevant fact as there is no bloody point in her going off on a tangent about it.

What are you expecting her to do? Go "I'm Keeper of the Gate Rune.

Well, okay, actually I'm keeper of half of the Gate Rune, my clan-sister Windy has the other half but no one has seen her since she supposedly fell to her death 3 years ago. I have the Back and she the Front, they're not really called that but we just thought it'd be niftier than saying Part 1 and 2. We only split it in the first place cause Harmonia massacred our village some hundred years ago, don't worry I'm completely over it btw. I just wanted to share that information with all you complete strangers since I just know we're all going to be BFF and have tea and crumpets together, not because this information is of any interest or importance to you and what you're trying to do at the moment it's just that I haven't spoken to anyone but Luc in 3 years and his conversational skills suck. Don't worry, I'm still immortal though!"?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

That would have been more what I was expecting...
MAD 01-08-2004
carmelenigma

Post by carmelenigma »

Let me tell ya, that rune has some pretty inconsistent powers too. According to Suiko1 the gate rune and the gathering of the 108 stars has the power to bring someone back from the dead.. or it looked like she went to the past and teleported Gremio through time. To me it would have made more sense to have the frickin rune of life and death be the one responsible for it.

And while we're on topic, if windy wanted a true rune so badly why didnt she just go to harmonia or falena to get the strongest one instead of the souleater.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

carmelenigma wrote:Let me tell ya, that rune has some pretty inconsistent powers too. According to Suiko1 the gate rune and the gathering of the 108 stars has the power to bring someone back from the dead.. or it looked like she went to the past and teleported Gremio through time. To me it would have made more sense to have the frickin rune of life and death be the one responsible for it.

And while we're on topic, if windy wanted a true rune so badly why didnt she just go to harmonia or falena to get the strongest one instead of the souleater.
I think she continuously pursued the soul eater because it was in close proximity. Plus it just transferred to a new host so she probably thought it would be easy to gain control over him and that rune other than infiltrating a huge country and trying to get the Sun rune or a rune in harmonia.

My question is...why didn't she just try and get Yuber or Neclords rune. I could see not wanting Neclords because of the whole vampire thing. I also think that since she didn't take Yubers is because maybe his rune has some sort of bad side effect also.

Also, Luc had the true wind rune there also...why didn't she go after that.

Also I think because the soul eater is a powerful true rune in its own right.

I like the time travel of Gremio thought.
MAD 01-08-2004
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

carmelenigma wrote:or it looked like she went to the past and teleported Gremio through time.
The Saturn version includes Gremio walking around in some kind of realm of death (and if that's the World of Emptiness it's the most inappropriate name ever)
All True Runes are equal in power, she just believes that the Soul Eater is the one that will accept her lust for revenge the easiest.
I think she continuously pursued the soul eater because it was in close proximity
She went after the Soul Eater for 300 years. Proximity wasn't in the deal.
carmelenigma

Post by carmelenigma »

I can buy that she was particularly attracted to the soul eater rune, but not all true runes are equal in power, even leknaat admitted in suikoden V that the sun rune stood out in power even amongst true runes.. And the rune of beginning looks pretty weak compared to the others
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I grant you the Sun Rune, but no one has ever seen the Rune of the Beginning in action to tell how powerful it is.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Matthew McDohl wrote:My question is...why didn't she just try and get Yuber or Neclords rune. I could see not wanting Neclords because of the whole vampire thing. I also think that since she didn't take Yubers is because maybe his rune has some sort of bad side effect also.
Good question. In the game, if I remember correctly, Windy was looking for the most cursed True Rune, one that wouldnt refuse her. Probably neither the Blue Moon or the Eightfold accepted her as their new master.

... but, the real hard question we need to ask here is: Why didnt Windy go after Leeknaat's rune? It is much easier to go after Leeknaat, whereabouts knows, than Ted, who is lost for more than 300 years. She had four 3.5 true runes at her side, she probably could have taken down Leeknaat easily.

According to Raww and Vextor theory, both half runes are equal, so if the front Gate Rune accepts Windy, Leeknaat's half should too. There's no risk of refusal. Of course, you can say the back rune could refuse her too, but then you are denying the theory.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Mainly because Windy didn't know Leknaat was the "sister" who ran off with the other half of the Gate Rune.
The main reason why Leknaat kept holed up in the Magician's Isle with magic wards set up to avoid detection is to
make sure Windy wont find her and try to take her half of the Gate Rune.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

wait hold up, windy didnt know leknaat was her sister and that she has the other half of the gate rune? ok im a little confused here, i thought windy knew that.....
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Im also confused by that?

I thought Windy and Leknaat separated the rune themselves and went off their separate ways?

unless Windy didnt recognize her by looks if/when they ever met again...but im sure the name would have at least rang a bell.
MAD 01-08-2004
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oops, my mistake. Windy does know Leknaat is in the Magician's Isle. However, she can't touch her because of the magical barriers Leknaat has set up about herself.
Matthew McDohl

Post by Matthew McDohl »

Vextor wrote:Oops, my mistake. Windy does know Leknaat is in the Magician's Isle. However, she can't touch her because of the magical barriers Leknaat has set up about herself.

That cools...I had a feeling you meant that.

I forgot about the barriers on the island.
MAD 01-08-2004
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Vextor wrote:Oops, my mistake. Windy does know Leknaat is in the Magician's Isle. However, she can't touch her because of the magical barriers Leknaat has set up about herself.
Pretty weird, if you consider she could have asked Barbarossa to use the Sovereign Rune (which negates all magic) to destroy this force field or simply use all the true runes she had under her command to break this barrier.

Anyway, if this is what the novel says(even though it is not canon) I think we should follow. After all it is just a game, so it shouldnt be overanalysed.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

if you consider she could have asked Barbarossa to use the Sovereign Rune
She should have asked him to use the rune she wasn't aware of, or at least it's powers..? She put a Black Rune on Barbarossa to control him, that would have been the epitome of pointless if she knew what the Sovereign Rune does.

And he didn't say the barrier was made by rune magic either, and even so there's nothing to suggest that the Sovereign Rune can dispell magic that isn't directed at it.