Any peticular reason why Leknaat did not show herself in S3?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Any peticular reason why Leknaat did not show herself in S3?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I dont think S3 is the best game in the series, but breaking the foundations of the series was a good step in the right direction. There's no problem.
There's a big problem when you're trying to create a coherent story set in one world and you keep changing the rules of that world. Don't kid youself.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
I dont think S3 is the best game in the series, but breaking the foundations of the series was a good step in the right direction. There's no problem.
There's a big problem when you're trying to create a coherent story set in one world and you keep changing the rules of that world. Don't kid youself.
I thought you were defending game traditions and not coherency.

Even that being the case, the gathering of stars of destiny was never explained in the games, so it is free to be anything reasonable. Just because in the past games we had 108 vs. an unjust regime, doesnt mean it has to be always like this. I dont see 108 stars fighting among themselves to archive something as coherency problem.
It is just a different opinion.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

so it is free to be anything reasonable.
It's not reasonable for Stars to join without actually wanting to.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

That is true, I didn't like how they just suddenly appear on the tablet of stars. You get no acknowledgment that they became SoD's. It broke the tradition, but the entire game broke tradition so it doesn't surprise me too much.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:It's not reasonable for Stars to join without actually wanting to.
To join what? Your army? You are assuming that army=gathering of stars, but the game never really said that. That happened on four games, but it doenst mean it has to be that way always! The games never said that the gathering of stars are your army or that this group of people (stars of destiny) need some sort of mutual agreement, at least to my knowlegde.
They could simply be a group of people working towards a common goal without any sort of agrement.

I agree that it broke traditions, but not coherency. Well.... only if they really follow what you are saying on future games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

To join what? Your army?
The Stars of Destiny of course.

Aside from 3 no one has ever appeared on the Tablet of Promise until they said they'd fight with you.

For 3 to work then the Tablet should always be full, regardless of if they have joined your side or not. It's not consistent.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

personally I can see the reason to not include leknaat in 3 because if it's your first suikoden, plopping in leknaat makes no sense. Although three makes plenty of references back to suikoden 1 and 2, there isn't any sort of explanation of leknaat or her ties to luc, because by 3 luc has cut himself off from her, and so to bring her in to the game requires extra story telling that doesn't seem to aid in the understanding of anyone's motivations, in fact it would just confuse the point.

Likewise, I feel leknaat's role in 4 and 5 was forced. yes, she motivated lazlo, but it's a weak motivation, for game of pretty weak motivations. in 5, the prince doesn't seem to really need help being motivated, so leknaat's role is pretty much as a plot device to bring back Lyon like Gremio.

on the more recent matter of stars of destiny needing to actively join or be alive, i think that's a bunch of nonsense. If you look at the variety of reasons various stars have for joining the party, it's clear that many don't necessarily want to be there and are only there because of debts they owe or other reasons, some just happen to have coinciding objectives, others are just plain bored for lack of a better reason. Stars being dead or alive also doesn't seem to be a major issue, yes, in one and two you were supposed to keep everyone alive, but it was more than easy to lose stars, and Gremio only survived because he was brought back from the dead. what's the point of a character's sacrifice if you can just come back from the dead?
I don't think three really change the establishment of bringing together a bunch of people together for a cause. Does it take a unique approach to how groups might come together, yes, but that's not bad.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

i think leknaat want to test luc of what he's becoming..
since she already knows the future of luc.. that's why she don't want to get involved with luc mission,, she want to know if luc capable to think as a human that have a soul n heart.. becoz luc already chose to follow leknaat to be a human in the first place when leknaat helped him from prison..

i remembered one of the scene that leknaat told to luc, to don't forget he already chose to follow leknaat if he want to life (as a human that have purpose n have asoul in his life).. well that' my opinion..
Chaos will suit me just fine
avenger

Post by avenger »

but my theory as to why she didn't show up in 3 is that there were many charecters as heros to choose from and the fire bringer 's wife seemed to play the role of leknaat. it was her that told each of the three heros about the past and future.. perhaps she was leknaat's assistant for this game.. now now before you all go and say no that's not true, i didn't mean actual assistant , i meant her role was being portraited in the form of the fire bringer's wife.

also because we had two sides to this story, we got to play as luc at the end.. there was our chance to see leknaat. perhaps this game was actually following luc's story. that's why we see her at the end for a small glimps.
yuberluc

Post by yuberluc »

That's why i like suikoden 3 very much.. u can see or know each person point of view.. even u can see from the "villain" side Yeaahhh! \m/
Chaos will suit me just fine