Suikoden 2? Sarah from Suikoden 1

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
snakebite105

Suikoden 2? Sarah from Suikoden 1

Post by snakebite105 »

In gregminister she referes to "Some idiot" and gives you a cyclone rune.

The only person I can think of is crowley
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden 2? Sarah from Suikoden 1

Post by Antimatzist »

I think it's Luc or.. I don't know. Crowley isn't really a fool; but I can't think of another more or less powerful magician who could give her a Cyclone Rune.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Ya but Luc has the True Wind Rune so he shouldent need or have the cyclone rune.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

however he uses a regular wind rune up until S3. Not only that, you can REMOVE his wind rune in both of those games, and replace them with anything else. I always gave him a lightning rune in S1 personally. However, there is no reasonable connection between him and Sarah. I seem to remember someone postulating a theory that it was a traveling soldier....
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Mh yeah, you're right.
however he uses a regular wind rune up until S3.
But he mentions his True Wind Rune in a major battle in S II iirc.
I seem to remember someone postulating a theory that it was a traveling soldier....
Well, that would be the easiest explanation :D

Couldn't find something on the gensopedia.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:however he uses a regular wind rune up until S3. Not only that, you can REMOVE his wind rune in both of those games, and replace them with anything else. I always gave him a lightning rune in S1 personally. However, there is no reasonable connection between him and Sarah. I seem to remember someone postulating a theory that it was a traveling soldier....
I think of the wind rune though removable as just a place holder for the True Wind Rune.

As in its there but we arnt spose to know
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Luc actually mentions the True Wind Rune in Suikoden 1 when he summons the Clay Golem at the beginning of the game. However, in the English version, I believe the name was changed to "Great Wind Rune" or something.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Very true. Did konami ever explain why he didnt have the true rune in the earlier games? Was it simply mechanics?
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Best bet is the story wasen't fleshed out in full yet he's obviously important but to what capacity probably wasen't thought of until suikoden 2 was well underway. That and if the story wasen't about him fans would have probably been disapointed without a full explination on what he's been doing and his goals are like other True Rune holders.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I was under the impression that you couldn't remove Luc's Runes.

'Some idiot' could be anybody. I always assumed it was Crowley and for some reason, he snubbed Sarah. She could also be referring to an NPC out of the army - someone like Giovanni - who may or may not have had a Cyclone Rune. I guess we'll never know.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who thinks that Neclord is 'some idiot'. :)
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."