Stars of Destiny always win

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
snakebite105

Stars of Destiny always win

Post by snakebite105 »

Leknaat, Luc, and Fukien all seem to know how the stars of destiny effect fate. While Leknaat, and Luc are mysterious characters who have their own agendas Fukien is really just a regular guy who happens to run a temple.

because of that I gotta think that the stars of destiny while not a widely known phenomenon can't be completly unknown to the world. Especially with the SoD involvment during Lazlo's war in Suikoden 4 143 years before suikoden 5.

Thats 108 people who know about the stars during that time not to mention the 216 people in Suikoden 5 and 1. All with vastly different backrounds Merchants, Generals, Bandits etc.

My point is with that many people experiencing this phenomenon shoulden't any enemy who finds out their dealing with the Stars of Destiny hang up their weapons and try to find a peaceful answer before they get slaughtered?

We may not know alot about the stars of destiny during the entire history of the Suikoden world but so far their 5-0 until a group of stars fails in a suikoden game i'm gonna think they can't be beaten.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
RangerDeon

Re: Stars of Destiny always win

Post by RangerDeon »

none of the enemies know about the stars of destiny.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Other than the few times Leknaat makes her appearances, I don't think any of the characters in the Suikoden series are even aware that they are stars and if they do become aware its only because Leknaat says something to the Tenkai about gather friends and such. Especialy in SIV, Leknaat only makes her appearances with Lazlo when hes alone and he, out of all of the Tenkai's, wasn't the type to speak about what he was told. In fact Lino En Kuldes is the one who tells you to start recruiting. I do think that this topic is relevant for Tierkreis. It was the first game of the series that both friend and enemy were aware of being Starbearers. The only people who didn't know anything about being Starbearers were the regular townspeople and those who yet to become a Starbearer, Vaslof for example. The blue print of Suikoden is quite clear in each game; you start out as a nobody and if you are a somebody (like the prince in SV) you still don't get any respect or have any power; next its not like you start out with all 108 stars if that was the case then I would also question 'why do they always win?'. The story is about struggle and the friendships you make to get out of those struggles and in the end everyone coming together to achieve a common goal or defeat a common enemy thats why they always win.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Belcoot4 wrote:Other than the few times Leknaat makes her appearances, I don't think any of the characters in the Suikoden series are even aware that they are stars and if they do become aware its only because Leknaat says something to the Tenkai about gather friends and such. Especialy in SIV, Leknaat only makes her appearances with Lazlo when hes alone and he, out of all of the Tenkai's, wasn't the type to speak about what he was told. In fact Lino En Kuldes is the one who tells you to start recruiting. I do think that this topic is relevant for Tierkreis. It was the first game of the series that both friend and enemy were aware of being Starbearers. The only people who didn't know anything about being Starbearers were the regular townspeople and those who yet to become a Starbearer, Vaslof for example. The blue print of Suikoden is quite clear in each game; you start out as a nobody and if you are a somebody (like the prince in SV) you still don't get any respect or have any power; next its not like you start out with all 108 stars if that was the case then I would also question 'why do they always win?'. The story is about struggle and the friendships you make to get out of those struggles and in the end everyone coming together to achieve a common goal or defeat a common enemy thats why they always win.
Fukien who I mentioned earlier knew about the 108 stars plus there was the giant tablet that says stars of destiney in each game. Most of the army in Suikoden 1 and 5 should have known what the stars of Destiny were all about.

Sure Lazlo didn't speak in game but that game took place over a 5 year time period your telling me he had no social interation with anyone. My point is in 1,4, and 5 there had to have been a good portion of people that knew about the stars you can't get away with saying that only a few people knew and no one decided to say anything to anyone even though that is a very imporant portion of information. For what your saying to be true you would have to assume that no one ever talked unless it was seen by tir in game. and until his pesence gave them permission to talk they all just stood there for 2 years.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

My point is that being a "star" isn't something any of them take into any consideration of being 'special'. Again, its not like Tierkreis where the starbearers are the only ones in millons of worlds who can even scratch the main adversary of the game. Thats why its destiny the people who you meet and who become your friends become starbearers. I also don't think Fukien actually 'knew' about the stars I think he just believed in them. Its like a preachers, reverend, priest do they really know God or Jesus Christ or in any religon do the speakers know their Gods? No they just like to believe in them so they preach about it to everyone. And heres another possibility, maybe none of the people who are stars actually become stars until the Tenkai recieves a true rune and only then through the course of time the people who you meet become stars. Its clear as day in SIII, ****spoiler*****, it took all the way up to Chapter 4 when you choose your flame champion did everyone come together. So I don't think its something any of the characters are born with or are concious of. This is the only human example I can give you because nothing like this really exists in reality, lets say there were only 108 people of any race (you pick) left on the planet I don't think any of them are going to be like "I'm special because I'm one of 108 ______ people" Its just not something people think about and I believe thats how the Star thinks, its just something that happens.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

Belcoot4 wrote:My point is that being a "star" isn't something any of them take into any consideration of being 'special'. Again, its not like Tierkreis where the starbearers are the only ones in millons of worlds who can even scratch the main adversary of the game. Thats why its destiny the people who you meet and who become your friends become starbearers. I also don't think Fukien actually 'knew' about the stars I think he just believed in them. Its like a preachers, reverend, priest do they really know God or Jesus Christ or in any religon do the speakers know their Gods? No they just like to believe in them so they preach about it to everyone. And heres another possibility, maybe none of the people who are stars actually become stars until the Tenkai recieves a true rune and only then through the course of time the people who you meet become stars. Its clear as day in SIII, ****spoiler*****, it took all the way up to Chapter 4 when you choose your flame champion did everyone come together. So I don't think its something any of the characters are born with or are concious of. This is the only human example I can give you because nothing like this really exists in reality, lets say there were only 108 people of any race (you pick) left on the planet I don't think any of them are going to be like "I'm special because I'm one of 108 ______ people" Its just not something people think about and I believe thats how the Star thinks, its just something that happens.
Well im sure that people are only stars during their conflicts or else there wouldent be another set of 108 i didnt mean to imply otherwise if i did.

and how can you think they don't think its special when its because of being a star of destiny that Gremio was revived? Which Leknaat talkied about infront of the 108. because of that conversation alone everyone after suikoden 1 should know about it. Not to mentio 4 and 5 like i said earlier.

an explanation of the stars of destiny isent all that complex Fukien either gets it or he doesn't not to mention the countless possible gatherings of the 108 between suikoden 4 and 5 while not the best proof to use i still find it impossible for no one but 3 characters in the whole series understands the concept. as soon as during their 4-5 year conflicts it gets out that they have a giant stone tablet that was given by leknaat pop out of no where the other army should just give up because theres always a spy or a newspaper so word won't not get out about it.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think its like the idea of a holy power fighting on your side. Like when america attacked Iraq Bush said that God was on our side. I severely doubt that Iraqies believed that, and most likely viewed it as propaganda. I would think that the opposing army hearing that the "stars of destiny" were on the otherside would be viewed likewise.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I think its like the idea of a holy power fighting on your side. Like when america attacked Iraq Bush said that God was on our side. I severely doubt that Iraqies believed that, and most likely viewed it as propaganda. I would think that the opposing army hearing that the "stars of destiny" were on the otherside would be viewed likewise.
Well once the tablet appears in a base word should get out it just doesnt make sense to me.
JanusThePaladin

so lets say you're a foreign country, and we're fighting. If you had the upper hand, but we're starting to fight back hard, and suddenly rumors start that say we have the Shroud of Turan are you going to drop everything and stop the war?

No, you're not. You're simply gonna think its propoganda, unless you've seen the Shroud of Turan in our hands and know that this religious artifact is helping us.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

JanusThePaladin wrote:so lets say you're a foreign country, and we're fighting. If you had the upper hand, but we're starting to fight back hard, and suddenly rumors start that say we have the Shroud of Turan are you going to drop everything and stop the war?

No, you're not. You're simply gonna think its propoganda, unless you've seen the Shroud of Turan in our hands and know that this religious artifact is helping us.
ya but there seem to be enough spys in this game to prove otherwise.
JanusThePaladin

That would be an assumption. But without actually having the tablet in your hands who is to say who is and who is not a star? Not to mention the variability of stars as shown to us via Suikoden 2. Also, sometimes the opposing side has former Stars of Destiny on their team, like in S2 you had Leon and Kage both on the side of the highlanders.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JanusThePaladin wrote:That would be an assumption. But without actually having the tablet in your hands who is to say who is and who is not a star? Not to mention the variability of stars as shown to us via Suikoden 2. Also, sometimes the opposing side has former Stars of Destiny on their team, like in S2 you had Leon and Kage both on the side of the highlanders.
Or like in S III where Luc was a SoD AND an antagonist. And he didn't win.
exo

Post by exo »

Antimatzist wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:That would be an assumption. But without actually having the tablet in your hands who is to say who is and who is not a star? Not to mention the variability of stars as shown to us via Suikoden 2. Also, sometimes the opposing side has former Stars of Destiny on their team, like in S2 you had Leon and Kage both on the side of the highlanders.
Ya, Leon must have some knowledge of SoD, still he take side with the Higlanders and lost.
Luc too, he practically the SoD tablet guardian at S1 and S2 (!!), but he still opposes the SoD and lost.
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

exo wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:
Ya, Leon must have some knowledge of SoD, still he take side with the Higlanders and lost.
Luc too, he practically the SoD tablet guardian at S1 and S2 (!!), but he still opposes the SoD and lost.
I thought it had been said earlier that each gathering is only for the conflict at hand and does not continue once that conflict has ended. So seeing Leon or Kage are moot points. As for S3 thats obviously a special case that applies differently. All that means is that no one is trying to stop the changing of fate and the stars will win.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

All that means is that no one is trying to stop the changing of fate and the stars will win.
The Stars would win either case.
Case 1) The enemy keeps fighting and loses -> SoD win.
Case 2) Enemy hears about SoDs and gives up -> SoD wins

But really, I guess if most people in the Suikoden world would hear about some Stars of Destiny thing, they would say that it is superstition. It's a an astrological thing. Someone could say that every US president born as a Capricorn has won every war until now, but would you believe it?