Unsealing Runes?

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Great Khan

Unsealing Runes?

Post by Great Khan »

One thing I don't get about S3 is how Luc and company are going around unsealing something to get to runes. I was under the impression Jimba had the true water rune so why did it need unsealing or did he not have it? It also seems like it's the way to reveal where the flame champ supposedly is. I've played the game several times and don't get what the problem Luc is having throughout the beginning of the game. Can someone please explain.
Adaon

Post by Adaon »

Jimba took the water rune out of his body the same way the FC did (I assume) and both runes were placed under a magic seal.

To parallel it, think Star Trek forcefields, people can't transport/walk through them. In the beginning of the game Luc & co. were destroying the seal that kept them out of getting the water rune.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Actually, to complicate matters--Jimba sealed "half" of his true water rune instead of the whole (the FC sealed the whole thing--which is why he died). Sounds pretty strange, but that's how it went.
Great Khan

Post by Great Khan »

Thats is strange was that in the manga?

So when the Alma Kinan girl, Yumi i think, did the sould sending ritual it unseald the water rune or the way to the water rune.

Also why did Luc rush to get the True earth rune instead of "saving it for last" like he origanlly planed? I don't understand what went wrong in Luc's plans.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yeah, the manga explained Jimba's situation well, because the game didn't really go into it. In the manga, Jimba says that he has sealed half of his True Water Rune in the Sindar Ruins, and then sealed the gates to the ruin with powerful magic. This powerful magic was sustained by the "seal" in the Alma Kinan village. So in a way, the True Water Rune was double-sealed.

However, I'm still uncertain what Yun's sacrifice actually accomplished.
Sol Fury

Post by Sol Fury »

Great Khan wrote:Also why did Luc rush to get the True earth rune instead of "saving it for last" like he origanlly planed? I don't understand what went wrong in Luc's plans.
Luc was saving it for last, I assume, because he didn't want to get Harmonia and Sasarai fighting against him before he was ready to perform the ritual. His plan was to gather the other three, keep Grasslands, Zexan and Harmonia at odds, then grab True Earth and perform the ritual while everyone was in disarray.
I think he changed his plan because of the strength of the bearers of the True Runes, and their friends. Luc couldn't get the other three true runes with the strength of True Wind alone, so he went and stole True Earth to use it along with True Wind to extract the other three. That's my understanding of it, anyway.
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

Maybe Yun's sacrifice to unseal the gate to the True Water Rune was so Chris (or Hugo depending) could inherit it and/or have Jimba take it back (I say Jimba because he was at the site where the True Water Rune was) before Luc could get it because I think they might have supsected that Luc would find the way of unsealing the gate. So they had Yun unseal it for Chris or Jimba, but Luc came at the exact moment while they were trying to unseal it, because he found the way to unseal it himself. Good timing, eh? Haha, I'm probably repeating known facts, but oh well. So Yun accomplished the fact that she was able to unseal the gate before Luc could try to? Dunno if that is much of an accomplishment, but yeah ^^;