If the Sacred Games were never tainted...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Belcoot4

If the Sacred Games were never tainted...

Post by Belcoot4 »

After playing SV a couple times I started thinking if the Sacred Games were never tainted in anyway meaning that if Richard was never poisoned, Belcoot was never drugged, and if Zegai was never disqualified my question is who would have really won the games? The favorites still have to be Childerich, Belcoot, Zegai, and Richard in a real tournament I wonder who would have come on top.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Blutiger Engel

Re: If the Sacred Games were never tainted...

Post by Blutiger Engel »

I'd like to say Richard, but I think he'd rather be with Mueller than marry the princess
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Was Richard really that cool or was he just a high level when you got him? i think we've already decided that level really doesn't matter. I think Zegai would win. He whooped Childerich, and a spear/polearm will beat a two handed sword any day, so that means Belcoot would fall to him as well. And I don't know much about Richard.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Richard was bad-ass. Richard makes the wall rune useless. Either stick him in the front of the arrow stance or give him a firefly rune and you're party will never take physical damage ever again. His evasion, parry, and counter ability is unmatched. Plus he three or four times an attack for pretty good damage. And he doesn't have crappy magic defence (though it doesn't really matter for the sacred games) like Georg. Finally, Belcoot says that he would have lost to Richard if he would have had to face him.

Zegai only beat Childerich because Childerich was going easy because it was a practice match. Gizel wanted to give Euram a false sense of security just to play around with him. They're all good but I think the order goes Zegai<Childerech<Belcoot<Richard.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Really? I always assumed that they framed Zegai for the stuff to get him out of the competition since he could beat Childerich...
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

There's no need to assume; Sialeeds (and I think even Gizel and Marscal) says that Gizel just hatches plots for the sake of seeing them unwind. He didn't have any idea how it would turn out.

Plus, think about it logically. Gizel had to start a false rumor to get the thing started. For the event to happen the way it did, he would have had to start the scheme long before the practice match ever even took place.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I thought Zegai probaly would have won and I have to agree thats probaly why they framed him. I'm not a huge fan of Richard but he his pretty good too bad he isn't powerful enough for Zegai. Also Belcoot would still have made it interesting it would have been a tough won between him and Zegai but they both could be Childerich.

StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Probably either Zegai or Belcoot.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I still say Zegai...but maybe Richard.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Guys, if you dont want this thread locked, you better not say just a name. You need to give a reasoning behind it, otherwise this is just a favorites thread, and we all know that favorites and list threads are not allowed.

Personally, I'd give it to Belcoot, given that he does defeat Childerich, and has the prestigious teacher. I'd also point out that Belcoot is humble, and modest, which i would use as an explanation for the line with Richard.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

That's a fair point about Belcoot's humility. I know that its mainly just for gameplay, but maybe a comparison of statistics at a common level and their maximum level in all the combat skills between Belcoot and Richard will help determine who would've won between the two of them. Then the winner (if there even is a clear winner) could be contrasted with Zegai. Just remember to exclude things like Magic and Magic defense, as there's no use of magic allowed in the sacred games.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

A bit of contradiction right there, neither Belcoot, Richard, Zegai, or Childerich relied on anything as far as magic goes, thats why Gizel had to find other ways to get them all out of the tournament. Belcoot with the drugged soup, Richard with the candy, and Zegai getting disqualified (i bet he tests everything before he eats it haha). I still say Belcoot probaly would have been the winner in the end probaly against Zegai. I know when the Prince and everyone were watching Zegai and Childerich spar Georg commented on Zegai's stance saying basicaly most spearman have weaknesses weather it be for reach or defense Zegai didn't show signs of either flaw. I'm thinking though Belcoot is much quicker than Childerich and if Zegai were to miss just once I think the fight would be Belcoots.

Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I don't see any contradiction. I said to exclude magic related stats. So what does it matter if they ever rely on magic?

I don't understand your point about Gizel's methods for getting rid of the contestants. Are you saying that he would have used magic? If that's what you're saying, that's just not possible. The sacred games prohibit and bind any use of magic. So magic has absolutely no bearing on this discussion, which is why I said to exclude it.

As for Zegai. I agree that he is an extremely strong and capable fighter. I'll even grant you that he has no noticeable flaws. But as far as I know Belcoot, Childerich, and Richard have no flaws in their fighting ability.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I disagree with Belcoot being faster than Childerich. He has a two handed sword whereas Childerich has two small daggers. No way Belcoot's attacks are faster. And spear fighters or fighters who use quarterstaffs have an innate advantage over sword users so I really think Zegai would beat Belcoot and possibly Richard.

As far as Belcoot being modest when he says Richard could beat him, I disagree with that. I think Belcoot is extremely honest and all his modesty does is make it so he's not prideful. He sees Richard is better and he says it. I think Richard would definitely have beaten Belcoot (probably close though) and I really think Zegai with his "perfect stance" and longer reach and amazing skill with the spear would beat Richard.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Icey has a valid point here. You do need to factor in tactics as well as raw power. If the suikoden games have taught us anything it is definitely strategy and ability that decides a battle, not just statistics and strength.