Luc/Sasarai theories

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
JanusThePaladin

Luc/Sasarai theories

Post by JanusThePaladin »

So we all know that True Runes stop aging. So this raises the question of how Luc and Sasarai, who recieved their runes at birth, were able to age to atleast 14 by the events of Suikoden. Please give us all relevant theories, and for the love of all things holy, PLEASE back up your assertions with evidence.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Re: Luc/Sasarai theories

Post by Icegryphon »

Luc is actually 17 in Suikoden 2.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
JanusThePaladin

Indeed he is. Needless correction, as he was 14 in SUIKODEN 1, also known as the first Suikoden Game that he appears in, and he does not noticeably age after that. Please only stipulate your theories, and your reasoning behind them for us to discuss, not needlessly correct me. Much obliged.
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

if that may interest you, a female gamer from France made a big Fan-fiction story about some of this...

you can read here, saraisai meet luc at chapter 3

I just post this, because I have'nt playd the third game... so I'm somewhat helpless about theories evidence
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

True runes stop the aging process; NOT the "counting" of age in terms of years from the moment of their births to now. Therein is the difference.

The only one experiencing "frozen" age is Viki, due to her time travels.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Hmmm that would mean either Luc is 14 physically and got his true rune 14 years before Suikoden 1, or else they made a mistake in translation or something.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

One: He is 14 years old in Suikoden, because he was born 14 years before.

Two: True runes allow their bearers to age up to their prime, and stop the aging process thereafter. If one becomes a bearer after that age, they would simply stop the aging altogether without any reversal (i.e. Ted's grandfather)

Three: That's why even if Luc and Sasarai both gained their true runes at the point of cloning, it was still possible for them grow and mature.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

There seems to be some debate on whether it actually ages you to your prime. Got any sources for that theory?
JanusThePaladin

patapi wrote:One: He is 14 years old in Suikoden, because he was born 14 years before.

Two: True runes allow their bearers to age up to their prime, and stop the aging process thereafter. If one becomes a bearer after that age, they would simply stop the aging altogether without any reversal (i.e. Ted's grandfather)

Three: That's why even if Luc and Sasarai both gained their true runes at the point of cloning, it was still possible for them grow and mature.
Its part 2 that the issue arises from. We know that it stops the aging process, but we dont know up to that point.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

True Rune bearers all aged differently or maybe its according to the rune they are bearing. Geddoe was around 50+ years before S3 and hes a true rune bearer and hes in an adult stage of life. Same goes with Windy and Leknat they are at adult stages in life. Luc and Sasari being born as True Rune bearers only physicaly grew to the bodies of teenagers (14), so I wouldnt neccerily say they grow to their prime because if that was the case the rune should have let Luc and Sasari grow to 21-25 or so when most men are at their peek. But if it is true will Hugo stay being a boy forever?
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

We don't know that Sasarai (obviously Luc has as he's pushing up daisies) has finished aging though, as True Runes are known to slow the aging process up to a point. Just because he's still physically a teenager now doesn't mean he's reached the apex of his ageing, bearing in mind he's still only in his early 30s.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Luc looks nothing like 14 in Suikoden III, if you ask me.
JanusThePaladin

Thats up to interpretation. I would say that he looks very young.

I do know that Dios accuses Sasarai of being younger than him in S3, and Sasarai talks about how his Rune makes him appear young. Does anyone have that memorized or could provide us with the exact quote?
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I'm currently playing S3. Will definitely be posting about this once I get to the parts with them.
Jeremiah Ecks

Post by Jeremiah Ecks »

I've just made a post in another thread about all of this, and it was very, very long... Ah bien...

Ultimately, we don't know how old Sasarai and Luc looked when born. They could be like - cough cough - how Spider-Man's Clone, Ben Rielly, was born. He was cloned into adulthood so he could trade places with Peter Parker. I don't remember based off my reading (I've never played SIII or might remember better) why Hikusaak wanted clones produced - presumably to bear new True Runes that he can't? - but if that's the case, there's nothing to say that Luc and Sasarai weren't born and rapidly aged to then bear the True Runes.

Operating under a different thought process... It'd be very, very dangerous to give both their True Runes if they were children because we've seen how insanely powerful any True Rune is under the guidance of an adult. If these two had access to the Runes as babies or very young children, then frankly, all of creation would be in danger. However, if they were artificially aged and given the relative maturity of those ages through magic, who knows?

I also point out that Luc and Sasarai look slightly different - again, I haven't played III to say if anybody says they look identicle - but judging by SII, nobody points out that they look identicle, so therefore, they can't really be Clones in the strictest sense of the word, otherwise they'd be absolute genetic twins.

-Jeremiah Ecks,
who misses Luc, who is one of his favourite Suiko characters of all time. But is also glad he had an awesome death.
"Everything is something, but nothing is everything."