Someone asked about using 2 true runes...

Ask questions about the events that take place during the Suikoden games themselves.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Someone asked about using 2 true runes...

Post by Icegryphon »

Someone was asking how Windy would use the soul eater when she had the gate rune already...wondering if you could actually have two true runes.

Could be a translation error but here's a quote I'm currently looking at on my screen.

Leknaat: "If my sister obtains two True Runes and uses them for revenge, it will be catastrophic for this world."

Notice she said use THEM...as in you can have two true runes at a time.

Just thought i'd toss that out there for whoever asked about it and get people's thoughts.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
JanusThePaladin

Re: Someone asked about using 2 true runes...

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I believe at some point in the game Leknaat reveals that Windy has discovered a way to use 2 true runes. My own personal theory resides on the fact that Windy has only half of a True Rune and not the entire thing. However that is neither here nor there.

There is also the fact that TRs choose their bearers, so it could be not so much that no one person can possess more than one, but that True Runes, being conflicting of one another in nature, do not both choose the same bearer.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

I think that Windy is probably powerful and knowledgeable enough to make a true rune work for her the way she wants it to, regardless of whether it chose her to bear it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Icegryphon wrote:I think that Windy is probably powerful and knowledgeable enough to make a true rune work for her the way she wants it to, regardless of whether it chose her to bear it.
Judging by the game, apparently not since the Soul Eater flat out rejects her.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Does it? I haven't gotten to that part yet. Will update when I do.

If that's the case, then Leknaat is either just taking precautions or else trying to scare you into helping her...
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

You are right, she tries to take it from Tir and then asks why it rejects her. But we don't know exactly what it means by that. Maybe she just can't take it by force. Or maybe she can't have two true runes. Or maybe it just doesn't accept her. Or perhaps it's just that it doesn't join her with open arms and this upsets her because she's so emo.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Or she simply knows the trick that is used in Harmonia to get true runes, Luc used it and got the other 4 elementals runes in his control and was able to elicit some of their power when he needed to; as was Sarah. In fact, Godwin did the same thing in SV, just because he couldn't bear the rune, doesn't mean one still can't find ways to tap into its power when they want too. So i am sure a magician as powerful as Windy could have managed something like that had she actually gained control of Souleater.

Or she simply could have relinquished the half gate rune, for the full power of a completed rune especially one as dangerously powerful as souleater. Luc proved his True Wind was greater than Leknaat's other half gate rune in 3, when she failed to stop him. Windy could have moved on to bigger better things had the Rune wanted her.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Well being able to take them off someone and then kinda use their power is slightly different than having two equipped and rocking the kasbah with them.